Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Roadworthy (Vic)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Windex
Regular

June 2005
Roadworthy (Vic) Thu, 04 August 2005 03:28 Go to next message
What are the main points I need to have right/working for a roadworthy. I am not trying to get a dodgy or nothing, just trying to make it go as smoothly as possible, it will also have to be inspected by vicroads, because I bought it from SA. Its a TA22 ST btw.

It has some rust in the rear quarters, and some in the rear end of the doors, but other than that its pretty good with rust. Its heater fan isnt working, and I have been told by a few people that I need to get it working, true/not true. Any thoughts/ideas throw them at me.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Roadworthy (Vic) Thu, 04 August 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I feel it really depends where you go. RWC checks seem to vary a lot. The best way is to go and get one done, costs about $70 and then you'll have a big list of things to fix to get your car on the road.

I think you'll be surprised to find how much you'll have to do to get an older car legit. Things like door seals, torn rubber on pedals, etc etc tend to get picked on.

Lack of heater will definitely be a problem, and I think the rust could also be.

Hen
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Roadworthy (Vic) Thu, 04 August 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember when i got my rwc for my ke70... they didnt check the headlights Confused they didnt work at the time Rolling Eyes and it passed Shocked , in my sprinter the blower didnt work and also the rear wiper didnt work and that still passed... they work now but look for the lazy ppl Razz
choofa
Occasional Poster

August 2005
icon6.gif  Re: Roadworthy (Vic) Thu, 04 August 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am ex south aussie.bottom line, rwc are a bitch.think about the most road worthy car you have ever known and it wouldn,t pass here.not like south aus.god i miss there rego rules.but,if you are real lucky you can find a lax one.infact i know of one.i just bought a hilux the other day in a car yard and i wanted a rwc with it and they took it to double j. it came back with a rwc and its tottally fucked.infact i have to take it back so it will be half roadworthy after they fix brakes[air in lines and out of adjustment] and the front end[car gets oscillating shake at 70kph] have fun,the rules are fucked
Windex
Regular

June 2005
Re: Roadworthy (Vic) Thu, 04 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dudes, all the fun ahead :S
Windex
Regular

June 2005
Re: Roadworthy (Vic) Thu, 04 August 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like I have been wasteing my time, because the car doesnt seem to have a build plate on it. Hence wont make it through Vicroads. Sad Sad Bugger It was an ok TA22 ST aswell, might have to wreck it to regain some money. Damn!
choofa
Occasional Poster

August 2005
icon6.gif  Re: Roadworthy (Vic) Fri, 05 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont think build plate is necessary on early model cars. surf for road worthy certificates on the net.thunk there is a section on there about said problem
Windex
Regular

June 2005
Re: Roadworthy (Vic) Fri, 05 August 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a compliance plate that I dont have, I got a build plate(found it).
choofa
Occasional Poster

August 2005
icon6.gif  Re: Roadworthy (Vic) Fri, 05 August 2005 03:17 Go to previous message
just check the rwc site.it will tell you for sure
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Correct Motions to use when sanding back a car ?
Next Topic:AE86 Roof Measurements Needed PLEEAASE!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:20:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052759647369385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.