Toymods » General Car Talk » AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sat, 25 January 2003 08:58 Go to next message
Here are some pics of my engine bay as promised to a few people on the forum....
http://www.cypherindustries.com.au/zacks%20shit/engine-bay.jpg
http://www.cypherindustries.com.au/zacks%20shit/engine-bay-2.jpg
http://www.cypherindustries.com.au/zacks%20shit/engine-bay-3.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sat, 25 January 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dayyum! sexy!! Nod
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sat, 25 January 2003 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice work. Can you post some details on the specs if that's ok.......... Rolling Eyes
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sat, 25 January 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok.... Here goes...

· AE92 Ported/Polished/Deshrouded/CC'd Cylinder Head
· 304/8.7mm IN/EX Camshafts
· TRD Valvesprings
· TRD Metal Head Gasket
· Ported and Polished Cylinder Head
· 5-Angle Valve Cut
· Wiseco Forged 12.5:1 Compression Pistons
· AE111 Conrods, Linished, Polished , Shotpeened and Balanced
· AE111 Crankshaft, Shotpeened and Balanced
· KING Mains and Big End Bearings
· ARP Stud Kits for Mains and Cylinder Head
· ARP ConRod Bolts
. 20v Quad Throttles

Cheers,

Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sat, 25 January 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can see straight away a lot of work, love and money went into that. How's it go? Smile
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sat, 25 January 2003 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goes quite good actually... Quite drivable considering the cams and the quad throttles! Haven't brought it down the quarter mile yet as I'm waiting for a bit of time to change gearboxes over...

Love? Heaps of it! Time? Not willing to count.. Shocked

Thanks!

Cheers!
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sun, 26 January 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quick question
Are you running Shim under buckets or the standard shim over??

Cheers

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sun, 26 January 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omfg that is clean and nice man..i can barely see my engine under all the dirt and dust (too lazy to clean)..i think that's the cleanest engine bay i've ever seen!

yeah i wanna know about the underbuckets too?
and how long has it been running with 304/8.7mm IN/EX Camshafts?

Also, how much were all your ARP stud kits and conrod bolts, and where from? Also the KING Mains and Big End Bearings? And the valvesprings and gasket? Sorry to bother you dude, u don't hafta answer if u want me to suffer shopping around for cheapest prices Confused

That setup must be making over 200hp easily right?

cheers,

Paul
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sun, 26 January 2003 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben--> Running shim over at the moment, and will upgrade to shimless buckets at the end of the year... just trying to find time to do so.

Paul-->I've been running the 304/8.7mm since Dec2001 on the inlet and a 288/8.7mm on the exhaust. Just recently (AUG2002) swapped over to 304/8.7mm on both.
I'll have to check on all the ARP stuff. Bought them mid-2002 from ROCKET INDUSTRIES, and have since forgotten the prices. I have a spare set of head studs (have to check) if you have no luck in finding any... the last time they were on backorder for around 3 months!
Valve springs and head gasket were bought overseas from a TRD shop in HK around the beginning of last year.
I got the KING bearings from my parts supplier. I have to check prices on almost everything, as its been ages since I've bought them.
Making 135rwhp (dynodynamics), and most standard 4AGE (ae92) comes out with around 78-83fwhp.
You'll be surprised what a bit of Nu-Finish (wax) and patience can do to an engine bay.... correction-heaps of patience... Smile

Cheers!

[Updated on: Sun, 26 January 2003 16:06]

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sun, 26 January 2003 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hiya,

I'm interested in what intake manifold you're using for the quads... I've got a set been thinking of putting on my 100kw as well.

rgrds
sam
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Mon, 27 January 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam--> I made them up meself. Had a small port intake flange laser-cut out of 10mm thick material, and 4 individual ae101/ae111 flanges also laser cut from 10mm material. Measure the length of the needed tubes, then form and weld to suit. And yeah, its almost as easy as it sounds... Smile
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Mon, 27 January 2003 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm very interesting to see youre currently using shim over buckets, have you given it a good rev yet? I was told.. (although no one has ever confirmed this or ever had it happen that Ive met) ...that the shims will kick out at high rpm, coincedentally I was looking at the same cams with a shim under setup yesterday afternoon in a race car and its clear just how much the lobe wipes to the edge of the bucket but it didnt look to me as though there would be too many probs with a shim-over setup as long as you werent doing formula atlantic type rpms

so im wondering do you know exactly what rpm they are likely to let go? and when you change them over if you could post some pics of the top of the shims please Smile
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Mon, 27 January 2003 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks bam any prices would be great..
also what brand camshafts are you running and how much $$?
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Tue, 28 January 2003 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRALLY--> hehehe... I was thinking about the same before I decided to go with the shim under setup. Every one tells me the same, but when asked for proof, nothing showed up! I think with very peaky cam lobes, the shim might get shot out, but with the lobe profile on the ones I am using, it seems to have a smooth and gradual ramp leading up to max lift. I should have some comparision pics somwhere... gotta find it. I'll post them when I find them, yah? Had it max at 9400rpm when I buzzed it on a missed shift a month ago before I set the rev-limiter.. Shocked I should have some pics from the intake cam before i did the rebuild (running the 304).

leebroozlee--> I'll get some prices for you when I find time to dig up receipts...hehehe
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Tue, 28 January 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark i can't get over how farking sweet that engine looks! whereabouts are ya? in sydney??
fark i hope my 7age looks half as nice as that when it's done Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Tue, 28 January 2003 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's in Perth.
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Wed, 29 January 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From Perth.... DOH! You're quick frank! Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Wed, 29 January 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, I'm really bored. I'm waiting for an engine to come from Japanese Motorsport, so I have to stay home Sad
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Wed, 29 January 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm....1G or 1JZ? Sounds like fun!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Wed, 29 January 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1GGTE, funnily enough I just e-mailed Cypher this arvo about an exhaust Razz
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Wed, 29 January 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks very much for the details.

Just one other small question - what ECU is running the show?

Cheers
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Wed, 29 January 2003 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zacka, I don't know if this is current, but this lists pretty much EVERYTHING, or has it changed since then?

http://www.cypherindustries.com.au/project_cars/zc han_ae86/spec.php
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Wed, 29 January 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that info correct about the 4.778:1 diff? How do you find driving around with that... and what series diff is it.

sam.
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Fri, 31 January 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy--> WOLF 3D V4. Running TPS only.

Frank--> Its pretty current, and I think it does list everything. Last time I checked (2weeks ago) it was correct... i think.. Very Happy

Sam--> Not too bad actually. To be honest, the diff ratios arrived in the car from Japan, so I can't tell what it was out of, but it had a 4.8 stamp on the crown wheel. The diff is ok for a daily driver with the standard gearbox, doing around 4100-ish RPM at 110km/h.

Cheers
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Sat, 01 February 2003 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"REDLINE Fully Synthetic Power Steering Fluid"

just reading the info on the web address... Power steering? A few people have asked about a power steering conversion to an AE86, with usually a reply of "too hard, not worth it"... What is the set up for yours? How much work was required to install it? How does the car feel?

I would imagine this might interest some Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 01 February 2003 04:21]

1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Mon, 10 February 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobertoX--> I was lucky as the car arrived into the country with power-steer already on it. Not much work is needed, but finding the right parts can be a nightmare... Everything bolts straight up. The car has noticable better steering ratio (less turns lock to lock, not much, but enough to notice), but it does load up quite a bit if heaps of caster is dialled into the front. I have driven heaps of non P/S AE86s, and I'll stick with mine with P/S.... Very Happy

Sorry about the delay... been busy... !!
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Engine Bay Pics....as promised Tue, 11 February 2003 00:15 Go to previous message
Lucky you Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Really Really Bored.
Next Topic:Crunchy 1G Goodness
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:27:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011403799057007 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.