Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
shakey corona Fri, 05 August 2005 08:43 Go to next message
this morning (very cold) i went out to start up my corona and it started up jsut fine but it shaked very very violently it would only stop when i gave it some gas im pretty sure this ISNT due to the fact that the engine was cold because whenever i start it i wait and let it warm up but this is the first time it started shakin really badly does this mean anything? then later on the day it went away dunno why but dont know if it will happen again and if it could be anything major.

if anyone could help me out?? be greatly appreciated
cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: shakey corona Fri, 05 August 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what model corona, maybe adjust your idle so it idles higher stops the shakes maybe up to 1000rpm, mine has been idling lower atm and am gonna adjust up a bit tomorrow as when i have the lights and heater on sometimes at traffic lights it'll drop a bit.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: shakey corona Fri, 05 August 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engine shaking violently usually happens when the engine is cold, and can be because the idle is too low (as corolla boy mentions) and/or it is not firing properly until things warm up.
Probably just needs a tune, new plugs leads etc, timing adjusted adn carb/injectors cleaned, as the fuel could be coming out in "gobs" instead of a fine spray.

Also mabey your choke/cold start injector or whatever your engine uses isnt working/ needs a clean

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 11:48]

corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: shakey corona Fri, 05 August 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the corona is a st141.i do think my carbie is a bit dirty becasue when i take my foot of the gas in second quickly it will jerk around a lot. and also every morning when i turn it on i will give it gas and will jsut turn off then when u turn it on again it will idle higher till its warm. im pretty sure this is the carbie ive tried to put injector cleaners and shit in but they havent done anything.

cheers for that guys Smile
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: shakey corona Sat, 06 August 2005 01:56 Go to previous message
haha yeh my corona (st190) did some random shit yesterday

I turned the key and before i managed to even fully turn it, it turned on, and then it spluttered and spluttered for a while, and then i tapped the accelerator, and no more problems! have started it about 5 times since yesterday morning and no problems

Must be a corona thing on the 5th august Wink

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MX73 possible Project or good parts supply-You choose
Next Topic:Truenos in Sydney
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:12:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043339729309082 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.