Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Sat, 06 August 2005 01:25 Go to next message
Hi, i thought this would be a good way for all us camry owners to get together and shoot the breeze about all things camry. Now it doesn't matter what year, model, shape, engine size, mods are done, just aslong as it's a camry. I have and i'm sure many of you have been looking for places which sell performance bits and pieces, aswell as kits etc, with very little luck. So let's pull resources and help everybody and just have general chat and share info about all things camry...

Me, i own a dead stock 1996 Toyota Vienta (VCV10R), V6 (3VZ), 5 speed manual, Storm grey in colour, 12 stack Pioneer CD player. It's been the first Toyota i have ever owned and been able to drive. My first attempt was a ST162 GT2 Celica which is now owned by sleeker162, here on the forum

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 23:43]

Send a private message to this user    
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Sat, 06 August 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got any new cardigans lately ?

A must have for the dedicated Camry enthusiast. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't think the Camry is really popular on Toymods.
Can't dorift in a FWD after all.

Seriously I've had 3 camrys and I lurve them.

Currently got a '00 V6 Conquest Wagon.

Cheers
T.

Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Sat, 06 August 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My cardigan is at the dry cleaners, with my lawn bowl hat. Laughing

Honestly it's the first time i have ever driven a camry, and i think it's great.

I know that camry's are not the most popular car here, but i think we should have our own place aswell. After all, after spending some $$$ they can be quite a potent street driven weapon. I hope over the next few years to prove it Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Sat, 06 August 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome...i have doughts it would be made a sticky, there is the ke corolla, sprinter and st162 dedicated thread and they arent sticky, theres a guy on here that has your model camry.
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Sun, 07 August 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i think that all the dedicated threads should be made sticky.

Yeah it's a purple one, same engine (i think), i saw the pics of it at a Dyno day.
Curtis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Sun, 07 August 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all.

I all so have a camry, 98 Conquest 1mv fe, and am planing to make it in to a sleeper. Currently i am looking at buying a TRD supercharger from the states and see if it will fit on to our aussie cams.
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Sun, 07 August 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i plan on spending some serious $$$ on my camry over the next few years.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Sun, 07 August 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Parents have a manual 2002 Camry Touring, nice car goes pretty hard, quiet as lacks a bit of low down torque though.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What some people don't understand is the dedicated threads don't need to be made sticky, because people are posting in them all the time, therefore they will always be bumped around up the top of the thread listing anyhow.

Have a happy posting camry owners Smile

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 10:21

What some people don't understand is the dedicated threads don't need to be made sticky, because people are posting in them all the time, therefore they will always be bumped around up the top of the thread listing anyhow.

not for camry threads... Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 12:32

Merudo wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 10:21

not for camry threads... Razz

Well, there's always THAT too.... Laughing

But I'm not in a business to bag out other's choice of cars. The one camry I drove was terrible, that doesnt mean however that their camrys that these people own are terrible.

More power to them for having and modding a car which others see as a waste of time.

I'm sure with some suspension mods and a 3S-GTE something like an SV21 would go pretty damn hard....

I say hurrah.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh if ppl like you keep on making random posts it will. The V6 camry goes hard i tell you, except you can't really launch it cos you think you are away cleanly then the tacho hits 4krpm and then it spins the wheels hehe. Evil or Very Mad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you read

one

fucking

word

I posted?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 12:49

did you read

one

fucking

word

I posted?

no cos at the time your post wasn't there i was responding to skellator take a chill pill.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 02:59]

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, in that case i wont reply to this thread to bump it up...

dammit!
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, this isn't supposed to be the bitching thread. So take it else where Rolling Eyes .

Merudo, you hit the nail right on the head. Camry owners are often left out, because it's a car that most people simply do not see any sort of modifying worth. It's pretty frustrating, when you are trying to build a nice looking, performance enhanced family car, and you are very limited, because even manufacturers think camry's are a waste of time Mad .

Yeah, sure some people choose a supra or a corolla, so be it, that what makes the modified car scene so great, a little word is 'DIVERSITY'.

My 2c worth..... Wink
Curtis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob.C wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 15:20

Hey, this isn't supposed to be the bitching thread. So take it else where Rolling Eyes .

Merudo, you hit the nail right on the head. Camry owners are often left out, because it's a car that most people simply do not see any sort of modifying worth. It's pretty frustrating, when you are trying to build a nice looking, performance enhanced family car, and you are very limited, because even manufacturers think camry's are a waste of time Mad .

Yeah, sure some people choose a supra or a corolla, so be it, that what makes the modified car scene so great, a little word is 'DIVERSITY'.

My 2c worth..... Wink

CHEERS
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob.C wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 09:25

1996 Toyota Vienta (VCV10R)

You might wanna check that chassis code...

Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It states on the compliance plate VCV10R-########## and on the other plate it says XV10. So if you can make out what it means, please tell me. Build date Sept 96.
jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Mon, 08 August 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats wrong with that code??

VCV10R:

VZ type engine (3VZ-FE) (Already tell it's a 3rd Gen, widebody Camry)
CV - Gen 3 & 4 Camry chassis code
10 - First series of the car (VCV20 was the Gen 4 Camry)
R - RHD model.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 14:40]

trdcmy
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Tue, 09 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey peeps, i have a sv21 camry as well with a 2 1/2 inch exhaust and a tfi racing pod filter and lowered two inches in the back and 1 inch in the front if your a camry owner you would know why i lowered the back more than the front, unfortunatly it is goin to be gone next week to the new buyer, but go the mighty camry

camry = made to last forever
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Tue, 09 August 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
made to last forever, quite possibly.

made for INSANE COOL FUEL ECONOMY = DEFINITELY!
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Tue, 09 August 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the demise of the Camryman site, is there any tech info on the 2AZFE engine?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Tue, 09 August 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw the craziest thing at the servo just now - this car came flying fully sideways around the corner, bouncing off the rev limiter. Took a second look and I couldn't believe it - it was a friggin camry! lol It had just rained, so the guy ripped a 180 h.brake turn and tore off again. Funniest thing i've seen all day!

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 13:26]

FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Wed, 10 August 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There you go !

Whoever said Camrys are no fun.
celica 86
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Wed, 10 August 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can definatley say that camry's can be fun. before i got my st162, i was drivin around in a blue 88 model with the 3sfe in it and 5 speed. The alternator was fucked in it and sounded like a turbo winding up when you gave it heaps Laughing. Still i used to be able to blow smoke off the tires all through second gear and it pulled it's fair share of handbraikies!

dont dis camry's, they may lack personality, speed and looks, but it was a damn lot more comfy than a lot of my mates late 80's rides and used to use half as much petrol as them as well!
PPlate_Avalon
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Wed, 10 August 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes us Camry and Avalon drivers need to band together. Get our bowling hats out and unite (insert passionate pro-camry speech here).

I dont know about mods being a completely lost cause (Supercharging), I acutally see a really nice lowered white avalon with full bodykit in the Newcastle area.

And besides camry's arent that bad their a lot worse cars together and my Avalon can smoke AU Falc's and VT commo's.

Good to see im not completely on my own anyway
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Wed, 10 August 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No mate, your not alone. And yes we should all band together, to get a store that will try and source performance parts for our camry's. I have never driven a camry until i bought the vienta i have now, and i have driven a wide range of cars from GT4 Celicas, through to GTR skylines, to old school monaros and falcons, and i mustsay, the camry would be up there with one of the best cars i've driven. It handles the road well, quiet, smooth, roomy. It does lack some power from other cars, but it's a very under estimated car.

Here's a car some of you may be familiar with and yes it's a camry...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/holden_vn/sideview.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/holden_vn/craigsengine.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/holden_vn/craigscamry.jpg
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Fri, 12 August 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that piping is a bit weird... opposite to usual lol the cool pipe cops heat from the engine and turbo manifold...

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2005 06:40]

Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread (request to be made sticky) Fri, 12 August 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/index.php?mforum =thedarkhorse&sid=675a8dd15d989e6528465120befe b107

Here is the address to a camry forum i just started. Please feel free to come and look around. Now it has only just opened so no one has posted and i'm the only member, so far.
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Mon, 05 September 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The last link to my forums works, (when the server isn't down Mad

So i created another one for all you Camry drivers here

http://camrychaos.forumup.com/index.php?mforum=cam rychaos

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am thinking about buying an sv21 for a daily driver as I would like something with a/c and p/s for the upcoming summer.

My parents have an auto one that just seems to keep on going. It drives fairly well and the only real work that has been done is the cv's, suspension and auto recondition. It drives very nicely on the highway at about 2800 - 2900rpm.

I was wondering if anyone would like to comment on their manual sv21? Or if they have driven both, which do you prefer? How long do clutches last?

Opinions would be great Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoops

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 02:56]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 12:50

My parents have an auto one that just seems to keep on going. It drives fairly well and the only real work that has been done is the cv's, suspension and auto recondition. It drives very nicely on the highway at about 2800 - 2900rpm.

I was wondering if anyone would like to comment on their manual sv21? Or if they have driven both, which do you prefer? How long do clutches last?

Oh the cvs thats what i need to fix now, but you can expect it after 380,000 ks, the clutches last for ages, i have done many a dump clutch and burnout and the clutch lasted over 2 years.

The auto camry is slow, anyone that drives it knows it, the manual is like day and night difference. Car starts making good power from 4000rpm and before that the auto would change gears.

The camrys have plenty of potential, i dont know why more people dont modify them. Example F series engines ie. 3sfe is know to be more economical than the g series 3sge, but at a dyno day there was a celica st162 3sge full exhaust inc extractors making 75kw@wheels, and a camry sv21 full exhasut inc extractrs 5speed 3sfe making 72kw at wheels, people have always said the 3sfe conpensates fuel economy for power, but those numbers are very similar if you ask me Wink .

For those interested here are more pics and info on my car Smile :

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/290592/1

Anyway, guys show us your pics of your camrys Very Happy :

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1172/dif4ab.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 03:44]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate.

I am not after a performance car here (I have a 1jz rona for that Very Happy) but as long as it goes ok on the highway and doesn't use too much fuel. The auto sv21 is shitloads better than my current ke70!

Manuals use less fuel than autos right? What revs do you sit on on the highway?

Oh yeah, I figure if I can pick one up with 250000kms or less on it, it should have another couple of 100 000kms left in it Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 03:45]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah manuals use less fuel than autos, sits on 3000rpm at 100km/hr.

Yes the 1j is a mighty fine engine Very Happy , i would drive that daily hehe.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too much petrol, water leaks, tempramental things, people looking, piggies looking, potential thieves looking etc.

I like my regular daily drivers Smile

So I don't really mind if I get an auto or manual then. Whatever is available for the right price.

Thanks mate Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So your saying if i were to buy a jza70, i would be better of driving the camry daily?.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for fuel economy and some other reasons yes. But a jza70 is a factory car which you can expect to run well.

My corona is a hybrid with not much of the original car left. Big single turbo, aftermarket ecu, 4.6:1 diff etc. If I had a jza70 I would drive it everyday.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:28

for fuel economy and some other reasons yes. But a jza70 is a factory car which you can expect to run well.

My corona is a hybrid with not much of the original car left. Big single turbo, aftermarket ecu, 4.6:1 diff etc. If I had a jza70 I would drive it everyday.

Where is your Members Ride Thread hiding?.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
way down the list. search for jzt130. Don't think I have any very recent pics in there though. Not sure.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:33

way down the list. search for jzt130. Don't think I have any very recent pics in there though. Not sure.

Thanks mate, found it thats a damn nice engine bay Wink. Can i get some high res pics of the bay?.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know if I have any at the moment. I will have a look when I get home. Otherwise, I will be making it all shiny for jamboree this weekend Very Happy
Cybermonkey
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Sat, 05 November 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres my beast hehe. could anyone give me some info about fitting a new instrument panel with a tacho, mine has a big gay clock instead Sad
i have some plans to tidy it up a bit too Smile

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/3080/cimg8190.jpg
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/3080/cimg8195.jpg

i sprayed all 4 steelies too, they were a bit rusty and stuff, now they are perfect
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/3080/cimg8192.jpg

not bad for 200,00km's
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/3080/cimg6880.jpg
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link. Tue, 08 November 2005 03:11 Go to previous message
my mum has a 93/94 widebody V6. 2 words...love it!
goes fucking great. is quicker than ALL 6cyl falcons and v6 commodores before VT and BA...and its auto!my friend bought a VT, raced my dad and felt quite small afterwards, lol.

yeah i agree with the wheelspin after 4000rpm, lol.

again, love it. looks great too
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Crown runs 10.456@136.28, Pics from AIR 05/11/05
Next Topic:Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:14:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00754714012146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.