Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
How to remove CVs from 3sgte front Sun, 07 August 2005 05:46 Go to next message
hey guys, im a little dumb and really confused on figuring out how to remove the CV's on the AWD box on my 3s-gte, do i have to do somthing or do i just undo the allen key screws??

thanks Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How to remove CVs from 3sgte front Sun, 07 August 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
undoing the allen keys will separate the cv joint/shaft from the peice that goes into the box. be careful when you do this though, you dont wanna loose the ball bearings from the cage in the joint. it's a real bastard getting them in right again.
as soon as i separated the joint from the inner peice i used the half moon doobies and some cable ties to stop the joint sliding past the knuckle so it dont spill it's balls.
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2849/dshaftoff11me.th.jpg

if you want to remove the whole shaft/joint from the box completely without separateing it, there is a snap ring in the peice that goes into the box. give it a real good sharp pull or carefully hit the back of the cv joint with a mallet to pop it out of the box.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: How to remove CVs from 3sgte front Sun, 07 August 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remember to empty your gbox oil first if you're going to pull the whole shaft out of the box, otherwise you'll end up with a face full of the stinky stuff Smile

If you're not worried about losing your oil, it's a bunch easier to just pull the whole lot out of the box as per ferals description.
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: How to remove CVs from 3sgte front Sun, 07 August 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol im just removing the box from the engine so to sell it Razz is there a oil plug on the box or just empty as im removeing the trans cooler?

amd thanks for the help guys Very Happy
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: How to remove CVs from 3sgte front Sun, 07 August 2005 07:52 Go to previous message
removing the drain plug on the bottom, the fill plug on the side (facing the front of the car), the oil cooler pipes and either of the shafts will have the same effect.... oil will come out Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mark II caliper convertion?
Next Topic:Wiring up Haltech to 4age - Need help (perth)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:39:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034990310668945 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.