Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 13:07 Go to next message
http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?s=eaf 1f1908488d4246b0ad732db72180c&showtopic=106109 &st=30

"as i said b4...i have no problem ppl buying for track..as those ppl are usually looking for a low cost, low matienance track car...in which case ..if they were selling for 10k i dont they would of bought it...

i meant a cruiser..as in cruising around at night,happy laping, showing off...whatever ppl call it

and dont be jealous that a 20 year old car is pulling as good pennies as many, newer others.

well i dont think all ppl would think that when a 86 drives by..they could be thinking
'look at that rust bucket, with a carbon fibre bonnet and loud exhaust...its a 1980's economy car...is he some kind of cheapo ricer?'

see ....different ppl have different views...i for one think their over priced and over rated "

just some interesting posts i was reading i'd thought toymodders might like to have a read at Laughing each to their own

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2005 13:15]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god im sick of talking about this shit...

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a sprinter in it's original wrapper! It will be worth as much as my original luke skywalker figure in it's original packaging soon!!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps silvia owners are ignorant about it. AE86 is a personal thing.

like des and arch said, the attraction is the owning and modifying and especially the directness of the final product.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I RULE THE INTERNET
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 00:31

I RULE THE INTERNET

I CHALLANGE THEE TO THY THRONE OF NET!!
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reason why I'm not into a 180sx is because there's no point owning one when I can't even drive a 20 year old rust bucket to it's ultimate.

And I've seen MANY 180sx/200sx/Silvia/Skyline/Supra write-offs Confused Well, there's more front cuts 180sx's then there is AE86's Rolling Eyes but all the AE86's are all in the junkyard because of their old age Razz

p.s: I think ae86 owners are as ignorant as silvia owners Laughing Laughing

ae86 Heart Heart Heart Heart

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2005 15:28]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the price for a stock sprinter with loads of rust and a seized 4ac, should be around the $25000,hahaha
mick
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those silvia guys are stupid they all think that people are paying the price for a stock sprinter
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: sprinter prices Sun, 07 August 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
qoute from redbook.com.au

which is the online version of official car yard and re-sellers guide.

1985 TOYOTA SPRINTER

AE86 Coupe 2dr Man 5sp 1.6

National average price - private sale* $1,200 - $2,700
Price when new (RRP) $14,758

Seems about right for a Corolla pitty no-one took care of them till initial d came out Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 07 August 2005 23:25

god im sick of talking about this shit...

Then don't talk about it.

Problem solved.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 08:21

the price for a stock sprinter with loads of rust and a seized 4ac, should be around the $25000,hahaha
mick

location? pics? very interested! is this ready for dorifto? Laughing Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 00:16]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 00:53

Reason why I'm not into a 180sx is because there's no point owning one when I can't even drive a 20 year old rust bucket to it's ultimate.

And I've seen MANY 180sx/200sx/Silvia/Skyline/Supra write-offs Confused Well, there's more front cuts 180sx's then there is AE86's Rolling Eyes but all the AE86's are all in the junkyard because of their old age Razz

p.s: I think ae86 owners are as ignorant as silvia owners Laughing Laughing

ae86 Heart Heart Heart Heart

dude ive seen a few smashed 86's too...

the only reason you dont see front cuts of them, is that who wants to buy a 4AC cut? Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but the JDM one is 4AGE yo...
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SW20R wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 09:54

1985 TOYOTA SPRINTER

Seems about right for a Corolla pitty no-one took care of them till initial d came out Razz

the red book is the biggest load of shite i have ever read
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it says a corona can be worth as much as 4k hehe Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 11:16

1985 TOYOTA SPRINTER

Why is it a load of shit?

It's the NATIONAL AVERAGE PRICE.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its the price the dodgy dealer wil try and sell you the car at. FFS when we bought our camry touring in 2003 (slighty used 2002 model) they were listed for like 33K we bought the car with 18K kms on it and manual for like 27K.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the contrary, it's the national declared price.

Think about it... on the receipt (especially with old cars), ppl bump down the sale price on 'paper' so they pay less stamp duty at vicroads/rta/etc...

Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The redbook price is about right IF its a 100% stock 22 year old car. I mean I paid less than the minimum price for mine but considering how much Ive spent on it (which is true for any car) I never sell it for anything remotely close.

That price does not include inports and/or modified versions of the car so of course your 4age red/blue/20v/ze fully fixed up is going to fetch MUCH more than you national average price. The unfortunate part of the price being listed so low is insurance companies dont like insuring much above that mark (for a decent price) even for the most well looked after one.

On another note saw an initial D style levin (white/black, jap writing and all) on the back of a tow truck heading into a crash repairs today). Hope that wasnt another victim of ID.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 14:37

On another note saw an initial D style levin (white/black, jap writing and all) on the back of a tow truck heading into a crash repairs today). Hope that wasnt another victim of ID.

sad thing is, it probably was. Crying or Very Sad
hachi-man
Regular

July 2003
Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there really a need for one of these threads once a week? surley we could just make a thread where all the haters of 86 can go there and have a whinge and just keep it to a singular thread.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the asking price for cashews and macadamia nuts is too high, the price of macadamias is expected to increase even further. Should we switch to purchasing walnuts and peanuts?

My point is Rolling Eyes
hachi-man
Regular

July 2003
Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^your just an initial P wannabe Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 04:59]

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: sprinter prices Mon, 08 August 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 11:27

1985 TOYOTA SPRINTER

its as accurate as a dog pissing in snow
example
95 vs exec 180kms 7 months rego clean car
my yard $3499
auction $1500/2000
insurance value $8000
red book $4000/5700
what the fcuk?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: sprinter prices Tue, 09 August 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When my 86 was written off, I told the assesor that theyre much more valuable now than a standard corolla... I asked him to consider the work I had done to mine and the money i'd put into it and try to determine the value based on sprinters with similar mods... ended up getting 4800 payout... but the wrecker said he wanted 1000 because theyre valuable...

Still, 3800 is a fair bit more than red book value for an insurance payout...

Look at Shelby Cobras... Do you see me going onto Shelby forums complaining about the price of them... NO! Just accept that this is what 86's are worth now... The more desperate people like you crave them, the higher up the price goes...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: sprinter prices Tue, 09 August 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can't compare a shelby to a sprinter, for starters one was actually built as a performance car and espcially in terms of the AC 427 had a shitload of go.
But your point is extremely valid, in every era there are many cult cars and unlike some other cars they hold or appreciate in value over time. This could be because they make a good motorsport base, were in a movie or just a cool or different car for the times.
And then there is your supply and demand argument simple economics. Lots of noobs/wanna drifters plus genuine entusiasts want to buy sprinters, but oh no not many sprinters around. Demand pull inflation, demand outstrips supply and hence the price will rise.
Personally i think some are more overpriced the others but wtf do i care if someone a is stupid enough to pay that price then good. Second i appreciate the sprinter for what it is and like them but i'll probably never buy one so i couldn't really give a rats how much one sells for.
But like every fad one day the bubble will burst and prices will drop maybe not down to the redbook prices but the ppl that paid premiums back in the day will lose out.
Look at the GTHO and monaro's they sold for nutty prices in the late 80 dropped in the 90's but have risen again with the new introduction of respective models.
Oh and the only thing i don't agree with shelby pricing is the replicas some of them are a massive rip, but also alot of work have gone into em so once again if someone is willing to pay good on em.
/END RANT.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 02:49]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: sprinter prices Tue, 09 August 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was only giving an example...

If a car is turning into a classic... Not that im saying the sprinter is a classic car... but the prices rise... and complaining about it does nothing...
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: sprinter prices Wed, 10 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 15:06

1985 TOYOTA SPRINTER

example
my yard $3499
auction $1500/2000
insurance value $8000
red book $4000/5700
what the fcuk?

Prices are different. But these are based on national averages like said above.

Say if sprinters were more common and initial D was never EVER released driving down parramatta rd you'd probably see 2-4 sprinters in one day.

Toyota or sales people knew the car was great back then but predicted it to be an hot item today.

for a 22 yr old car that originaly cost 14k. that sounds fair for a stock australian ae86 with usual problems.

as with the prices in the excel. Insurance is worth aleast or upto 8k to compensate for the people who paid 20k back then. Redbook value means how much you can trade it in or dealer sell it for. If you were to sell it say at 5,500. you probably could there are some people who would pay that. But your price is your own and I dont want to be here telling you howto do your job. Im just saying thats how I see car prices when I'm shopping using the average sales printed material (like you would going for a homeloan or something)
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: sprinter prices Wed, 10 August 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont no whats the big deal.
No ones forcing you to buy a sprinter.

There are cars that are cheaper and rwd. Mmmmm, 80 model 323 mazda with a 4agze and drift suspension.

old school skylines, etc.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: sprinter prices Wed, 10 August 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that most of the demand for sprinters is superficial anyway. Sure people come on the internet and ask to buy them but when the REAL price of the car hits them they back off never to be seen again. This can be seen by how long it takes the moded sprinters that are over 6k to get sold, generaly they stay up for sale for a while and dont get snapped up instantly
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: sprinter prices Wed, 10 August 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not even the modded ones look at the "mint" trueno's that ppl have up for sale for like 13K they take a very long time to sell.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: sprinter prices Wed, 10 August 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 10:20

old school skylines, etc.

exactly what im looking at now Smile
cant be stuffed messing around with overpriced shells full of rust with a siezed engine..
might as well go for a cheap shell full of rust with a siezed engine Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: sprinter prices Wed, 10 August 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are buyers who know the worth of a mint ae86 because of the age of the cars and the history of being thrashed most of the time

then there are buyers who see the car on face value as a boxy old 80's hatch with some hot parts bolted on

the real enthusiasts are willing to pay good money for something they know will be reliable and stay in good nic for years to come

the buyers who wish to get something 'fast' or 'drift ready' wont pay the prices for the mint examples purely because their intent is to probably destroy it..

my 2c

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: sprinter prices Wed, 10 August 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The prices will all blow over soon and the Sprinter\AE86 will go the way of the Suzuki Swift.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: sprinter prices Wed, 10 August 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SW20R wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 10:09

SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 15:06

1985 TOYOTA SPRINTER

example
my yard $3499
auction $1500/2000
insurance value $8000
red book $4000/5700
what the fcuk?

Prices are different. But these are based on national averages like said above.

Say if sprinters were more common and initial D was never EVER released driving down parramatta rd you'd probably see 2-4 sprinters in one day.

Toyota or sales people knew the car was great back then but predicted it to be an hot item today.

for a 22 yr old car that originaly cost 14k. that sounds fair for a stock australian ae86 with usual problems.

as with the prices in the excel. Insurance is worth aleast or upto 8k to compensate for the people who paid 20k back then. Redbook value means how much you can trade it in or dealer sell it for. If you were to sell it say at 5,500. you probably could there are some people who would pay that. But your price is your own and I dont want to be here telling you howto do your job. Im just saying thats how I see car prices when I'm shopping using the average sales printed material (like you would going for a homeloan or something)

What happens to multi-quotes if they get really big???

Mmm..
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: sprinter prices Thu, 11 August 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 14:58

The prices will all blow over soon and the Sprinter\AE86 will go the way of the Suzuki Swift.

Laughing
Sure, the prices will decrease, but unlike the swift, the 86 has a longstanding racing pedigree, and while they are still rust free enough, they will be wanted by those that love them Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: sprinter prices Thu, 11 August 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 12:17

Youngy wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 14:58

Laughing
Sure, the prices will decrease, but unlike the swift, the 86 has a longstanding racing pedigree, and while they are still rust free enough, they will be wanted by those that love them Very Happy

rofl..... nice one..

well in 10 years when the 'AE86 craze dies off' you can all still come to my place to see the mint trueno and levin ill have in the garage Very Happy

one with a 20v and one with a 16v
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: sprinter prices Thu, 11 August 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once a year all devout 86ers will travel on a pilgrimage to the Hachi Roku Mecca that is AE86drifts garage Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: sprinter prices Thu, 11 August 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 13:17

Once a year all devout 86ers will travel on a pilgrimage to the Hachi Roku Mecca that is AE86drifts garage Very Happy

rofl....
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: sprinter prices Thu, 11 August 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People who say prices are jacked up too much aren't looking hard enough! Myself and 2 friends have all bought great AE86s in the past 3 months for great prices

1 x straight stocker clean in/out runs perfectly! 6months reg $1200
1 x stocker fresh new paint not running 6months reg supplied with all 4AGE conversion $3000
1 x stocker faded paint straight car little rust with 4 months reg $2000

who says bargains arent still yet to be had

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 04:29]

WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: sprinter prices Thu, 11 August 2005 13:37 Go to previous message
Youngy wrote on Sun, 07 August 2005 23:31

I have a sprinter in it's original wrapper! It will be worth as much as my original luke skywalker figure in it's original packaging soon!!

i got one too its still wrapped in its original box.. still in mint condition... has panda paint job, deep dish watanabe rims, all jdm features, Japanese Domestic Market..
recently bought from Kmart... unwanted gift.. asking $14000 ono Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wheel Shop in Victoria
Next Topic:Attention MA61 owners!! (another has joined your ranks)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 17:17:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075700283050537 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.