Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, Picton has to be one of sydneys best tracks, heaps better than EC.
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i propose taking gloves to future days as a good idea Very Happy
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i thought about taking my Motorcycle gloves, and after the beating cart 5 gave to my right hand, i probably should have. That cart turned right by itself, but you absolutely had to fight it round the lefts.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys - if anyone has pics of the trophies, please either email them to me thewitzl@optusnet.com.au or post them up here... i was a dumbarse and forgot to take a photo of them Sad

heres a couple of pics...

Thank you stitt for running me off the track

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-3-1123408756.jpg

4 out of 5 racers think going the wrong way is cool

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-3-1123408818.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing not even i managed to get beached, classic of the day had to be the kart behind the tyres come down the the s bend think sweet gonna nail the corner on to the stright wtf tyres wtf kart behind tyres.
She was left there for like three to four laps too. Surprised
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought the highlight was someone in group 2 coming off the track before the race had even started Cool
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah that pretty sad, who was it, suprisingly my kart had pretty good traction in the sand on the exit of the hairpin. Even funnier was group 2's pep talk befor race two, hehe they told us we spun too many times and picked out the one person who had been spinning that much.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So who was it that was spinning all the time??

From what i saw of group 2, it wasn't just one person that kept turning it around, certainly made for great spectating.

That 2nd photo witzl posted sums it up really...

Pretty happy with my lap time, 40.07. Done on my last lap too, bit annoyed though, the way my times were falling i reckon i could've cracked the 39's with another lap or 2. Oh well, just happy to have pried cart 14 away from the stitt for a chance to top his lap Very Happy

GT
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first race i spun 5 tives second race two times, but i atleast had speed, i'd spin and then overtake everyone that would pass me.
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dudes, home safely for me (dubbo)

The day was an ABSOLUTE BLAST!! Well worth the trip just for my battle with Stitt in the first race (yes that was the 14 & 5 one)

Disappointed in the 2nd race getting probably the slowest kart in a straight line, i mean i got overtaken by 3 people on the way to the hairpin after the start!

Well done to GT, wish i had an opportunity to race u proper, woulda been fun!

Whens the next one on Rolling Eyes

Hope to see even more turn out at the next one!

Cheers Roundy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah Roundy, would have been good to see you up the front with garth on that last race!

I have to say, those superkarts were impossible to match! Damn 14 and 5 Sad

Garth - TAKE PICS OF THE TROPHIES DAMMIT!!!! Mad Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 08 August 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 20:17

I have to say, those superkarts were impossible to match! Damn 14 and 5 Sad

22 matched em for straightline speed
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 09 August 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
22 was quick as well, it didn't seem up there at all when it came to lap speed,

Kart 14 was quick in a straight line was easy to drive but didn't have a heap of corner speed, KArt 6 on the other hand was slower up the straight, was a bitch to drive but had some awsome corner speed.

Good to hear you got home no worries Roundy

ah and sorry about that punt witzl that was durning the kart 14 vs 5 battle.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 09 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 10:54

22 was quick as well, it didn't seem up there at all when it came to lap speed,

my fastest lap in it was like a 41.4 but someone else did a 40.73. It had straight line speed but seemed to slide round a bit thru the corners and push wide. I suspect to the tyres were a little suspect cos the fronts looked like shit as did the rears. ie all burred up compared to other that were still smooth.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 09 August 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kart 6 i thought was quick in the line and round a corner

i managed 5 laps in the 40's with it in group 1's heat 1, although i didnt get a chance to drive 5 or 14

9 did it for me in qualifying but didnt have it in group 1 heat 2

ah well, fun fun none the less
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 09 August 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5 was fast, but pulled pretty bad to the right. I think the chassis must have had a twist in it to alter the camber on that side. I drove 5 in the first heat, then gave it away for the other races, and drove 7. Cart 7 sucked arse down the straight, but when it had a fresh front tyre on the front left, and after i learnt to drive Razz it actually was quite quick, problem was everything i had worked for was gone by the end of the straight.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 09 August 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after getting stuck in 11 for the first two sessions i had no idea how fast the 'fast' karts were so jumping into 6 was great fun. was keeping up with all karts on the track, including the supposed wonderkart 14 which i would've overtaken had i not locked up and spun Razz hahahaha

oh yeah 6 did mad 'skids' aswell Wink
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 09 August 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright! I've got photos of the other trophies on the way, and i'll do what i can tonight. Should be no problem, i think the new phone does a reasonable job, guess we'll find out...

I qualified in 9, and grabbed it again for the 1st race, which is why you missed it eviljack; i figured better one i knew than risk an under performer. I was happy with it, it was quick through the fast stuff, the steering was heavy, but it had heaps of front grip and cornered really smooth, could come off the top of the straight flat out and keep it buried all the way round to the hairpin and would barely slide (unless you provoked it Very Happy )

It was just dead out of the corners, and i got swamped off the start; lost 4 spots by the exit of the 3rd corner. I was checking out the pedal/throttle while waiting once and it looked like the pedal stop wouldn't quite allow WOT. I think with accel to match it would've been quicker than 14.

14 had the power out of the corners definately, and the steering was lighter, but it bounced under load and so would break and slide easily, washing off speed. It would squirm and slide even through the downhill, bumps unsettled it easily, and the brakes locked with barely any pressure. (i backed it in to the hairpin and barely gathered it up straight out of the pits by accident, and wasn't ever confident leaning hard on them all race.

Ah, post-race analysis of our steeds... Rolling Eyes

Perhaps we should offer our feedback to Picton Karting to help them better set up their karts for next time?? Laughing

GT
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Sat, 13 August 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome day, I agree with all of the above comments

The last of my bruises disapeared today, I have finally recovered.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Sat, 10 September 2005 07:17 Go to previous message
Ok, ok, i know it's been a while, but i just got a usb hub/card reader for my laptop, so i've finally been able to get photos of the trophies off my phone. Better late than never eh witzl?

Laptop's ir port is stuffed, wouldn't email, and no bluetooth for the laptop meant with all the technology my phone was still useless till i got the reader. Now got my mp3s on there as well Smile

Sorry for the size/quality, but it is only my phone; (if anyone can resize to a more acceptable/practical size feel free and i'll take these down!)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/gtphoto/DSC00009.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/gtphoto/DSC00010.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/gtphoto/DSC00012.jpg

Hey stitt, what was that you were saying about the mirror? Wink

GT

[Updated on: Sat, 10 September 2005 07:19]

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:motorkhana 09-11-05 PICS
Next Topic:WSID 7/9/2005
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 13:27:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064330101013184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.