Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Conversion and QLD Transport.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bahnugget
Regular

August 2005
Conversion and QLD Transport..... Mon, 08 August 2005 08:44 Go to next message
Hey guys, i'm what you might call new here (this being my first post) but i plan to hang around.

Basically i was hoping you guys could gimme the low-down, (or the high-up if u like..) on getting road worthys for engine conversions.

the plan is i have in my possession an ST165 celica with an alright 3S-FE motor in it which i'm planning on converting to a 3S-GTE in the near future, however before i do i want to make sure i get my facts straight. So here's the question you've all been waiting for... what will i need to do to make my conversion "legal".

Any help/comments/tips/experience would be grreatly appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Conversion and QLD Transport..... Mon, 08 August 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st165 with an fe? i thought no celicas (except the st versions) came with fe's, let alone st165's Confused

in regards to your question...ring whatever the authority is up there? Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Conversion and QLD Transport..... Mon, 08 August 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youll find you have a 162 st model, the sx has the 3sge and the 165 has the 3sgte .... legaly there isnt alot to it , the 3sgte will bolt into your car , you can use your box(not that it will last to long) , and mod plates are piece of piss for it , legaly i think your supost to have a front brake upgrade but the 162 brakes arent to shaby so they get passed send me a pm as ive completed the conversion in brisbane
bahnugget
Regular

August 2005
Re: Conversion and QLD Transport..... Mon, 08 August 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks, lol... been reading about 165's and my overwhelming stupidity just randomly wrote that, you're right, its a 162 (86 model, and its an ST)
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Conversion and QLD Transport..... Mon, 08 August 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah QLD transport don't care much about what has happened in there is a mod plate stating it has been certified (which is what they are for). So get a mod plate for it and you should be fine
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Conversion and QLD Transport..... Mon, 08 August 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once you get the engine fitted, come see me and i'll take care of all your engineering needs. We can even fit the engine if you got the money.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Conversion and QLD Transport..... Mon, 08 August 2005 23:52 Go to previous message
PM sent, and yes i am aware you weren't talking to me, I NEED MINE ENGINEERED!!!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ma61 Rear Strut Brace
Next Topic:Rear wheel kw --> fly wheel kw ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:45:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040171146392822 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.