Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 06 April 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funny girl Twisted Evil
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Sun, 08 May 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well as a lot of you would have noticed from the other thread. It STILL isn't running right. Going to put a fuel pressure gauge on it ASAP to see if the fuel pressure regulator is working properly.

On the other hand, it no longer has a T-series open centre with solid rear discs. We now have a complete MA61 F-series rear complete with their vented rear discs and the Truetrac Very Happy

Pics to come.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Mon, 09 May 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice, fingers crossed u find the problem soon
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Mon, 09 May 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm hoping I fucked up the cam timing. Cover is off, need to have a good look.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Mon, 09 May 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps you should have a look at your injectors... Twisted Evil
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Tue, 10 May 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I'm about to call the place that cleaned them to find out wtf is going on Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Thu, 12 May 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's been a big week, so I figured it was time for an update. As many of you would know, I finally traced the problem with the engine. Between getting my injectors cleaned and checked out, one of them died. With a replacement, it's now smooth as a Toyota six should be, aside from the odd pop from the exhaust because the idle mixture is too rich. Just how smooth can be seen on this video:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/engine .avi (~2MB)

First cab off the rank, we upgraded the whole rear. Initially my car came equipped with a T-series IRS rear end with solid rear discs. After a lot of dicking around under the car and shifting around a f'ing heavy rear subframe, the car is now equipped with an F-series diff complete with Truetrac LSD, and MA61 ventilated rear discs.
This is a comparison of the two diffs:
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/20050512/images/5.jpg

While we were under there, we installed Tokico shocks and Kings standard springs.
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/20050512/images/2.jpg

I took the oppurtunity to swap over my single piece tailshaft, which is a HEAP lighter than the two-piece that was in their originally.
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/20050512/images/3.jpg

Last nights task was a bit more fun Smile Kings standard springs and Tokico shocks were put in the front. The aftermarket oil shocks we found in the front were STUFFED. They pissed out oil everywhere and didn't come out at all when pushed in. My car may as well not have had them Razz
Most important though was the first partial fitting of the new brakes. 280mm x 30mm slotted RDA rotors were bolted onto modified hubs, 4-piston Sumitomo (Nissan R32/Z32) calipers. I needed new brake lines as the factory ones were slightly too short. They should be ready to put on soon.
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/20050512/images/1.jpg

This afternoon, I dropped around to see CLG for a bit of a yak and to pick up this front bar from a GA61. It should bolt to my car, and solve my visible intercooler issues. That said, it is going to make the car too low. Going to have to see what I can wangle:
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/20050512/images/4.jpg

Well, that's it for the moment, but things are coming along in big chunks. New seatbelts should be ready shortly, so when it all goes back together I should be able to drive it back to the workshop to be fully completed.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I sense an OMFGWTFBBQ!!!111oneoneone in the near future Wink
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Fri, 13 May 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG has a pet GA61 front bar, how cute Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Fri, 13 May 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 08:05

CLG has a pet GA61 front bar, how cute Smile

Pssht, he has nothing of the sort. I gave it a bed cos it looked comfy for it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Tue, 17 May 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the front bar doesn't even come close to fitting, so I'll have to try something else to cover the intercooler. That said, the front end has gone up a tad with the new springs, the intercooler no longer scrapes on Peewee's driveway.

Brake calipers just clear the Rays. Had a good look, and they are actually stamped 32mm offset. So for reference, 15x6.5" +32mm offset rims fit a Celica XX Razz As you can see, fairly tight, but plenty acceptable. MUCH more clearance than gf's WRX.
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/20050517/1.jpg

Plenty of clearance around the inner diameter of the rim, going to be floating around with the Buddy Clubs.
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/20050517/2.jpg

This last pic shows where the front sits with the new springs after a short drive.
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/20050517/3.jpg

Well, the verdict. OMFGWTFBBQ. The last bit has been withheld, as although it's well fast, I really need to put it into perspective. Not having room to really stretch its legs, and having the wrong speedo gear and a very pessimistic speedo makes it seem slower than it is. It also is only running 7psi still, so I'm assuming that the wastegates must have been fiddled with when the turbos were upgraded by Blitz.

This is a good thing I suppose, as it means my new electronic boost controller will have a nice low setting for my "sedate" map. Also means there is more to come Razz

Oh, and it's AMAZING how well good suspension and a nice LSD can make tyres which seemed ordinary before have so much more grip. Point. Shoot. BOOYAH!

Haven't really stood on the brakes yet as they are brand new pads, but they work REAL well.

All in all, a successful couple of weeks, and I can't thank CrUZsida enough for all his assistance, without him giving me direction and a lot of help, it would've taken MUCH longer Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 18 May 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking bloody good there !!!!

I have made some progress as well, but not as much as yours !!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 18 May 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's so much fun, and to think, I'm going to double the boost level Razz

Suspension really is fun. Was giving it a bit last night, and bam, power down and rockets off. So much more feedback in the steering than my RA60, even if the power steering pump was crying like a baby for more fluid Sad
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Fri, 20 May 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Going well mate! Good to see.
And yes - that Peewee knows his stuff, big ups to him helping out with the XX work.
When are the buddy clubs going on?

Damo
TRD 83
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Fri, 20 May 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buddy Clubs for the front will be arriving mid-June, and then they will be going on after Alliance has repaired them and painted them to match the rears.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2005 06:18]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 01 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a reason this car is called Project Decade, and it gave me two more reasons for this last night Razz

Took it to the petrol station for fuel, air and power steering fluid. Just before I get there, slight knocking coming from front right. Put air and petrol in, and crawled back to Peewees house. Front wheels have loosened slightly, probably from the new studs settling in the hubs.

Drove to the workshop. Turning onto a side street it lights up first, and fishes through the start of second. Unexpected, but very welcome Very Happy This is good. LSD works well, and feels nice too.

En route to workshop, it starts to feel a bit nicer, the more I drive it the better it feels. It's fun to sink the welly and blow past traffic, something I've been missing in the Celica Laughing Get to the workshop, and Peewee goes "what are you leaking?" Lo and behold, trail leading to where the car sitting, and big puddle under the car. Waterpump = goorne. W00t! Does it ever end? At least i'm not pissed off, because it was a fun drive there. The pump must've shat itself just around the corner from our destination.

Oh, new seatbelts feel pretty. Well worth the $ spent.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 01 June 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You = 0wn3d.

Dude, get the the freakin chopper and get that bitch road registered, you have 1 month!

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2005 10:45]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 01 June 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 18:45

You = 0wn3d.

Haha, so true. New water pump arrives today or tomorrow, and I'll probably install it on Monday on the public holiday.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Thu, 02 June 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Getting there JCMF !!!!

I actually did some work on mine last night and now the I/C is finally mounted !!!!! WOOT !!

Quick Q : Apart from Image Shack, is there another site that can be used to host pics ? I can't access it from work anymore, so was wondering if there were any others I can try ?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Thu, 02 June 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, your work sucks! You can't access my Bigpond ones either can you?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Thu, 02 June 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 09:41

Damn, your work sucks! You can't access my Bigpond ones either can you?

Too bloody right. No, I can't access the bigpond ones, and there is one other I can't remember the name of, but it is a widely used one... Mad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Thu, 02 June 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://photobucket.com/

And seriously, your work does suck Razz Mate's new Monaro needed the electric seat fixed. It had demo km's on it ffs Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Thu, 02 June 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 10:04

http://photobucket.com/

And seriously, your work does suck Razz Mate's new Monaro needed the electric seat fixed. It had demo km's on it ffs Razz

That is the other one that doesn't work.

Did he get the VZ Monaro ? Not really surprised about the seat. Shit happens.

Work pays pretty well, especially at double time & a half on Sunday Cool but the tax ads up too !!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Thu, 02 June 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, VZ Monaro. Interior is nice though, I'm just dubious about how durable it'll be. And goddamn,how f'ing long does that Gen3 take before it starts moving???
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Thu, 02 June 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It does lack a bit of low down torque, but it likes to rev and sounds pretty sweet from the factory. The brakes are much better as well.

Manual or Auto ? If auto, he should be shot on site !!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Thu, 02 June 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, he's not really a spirited driver, so it was auto. Was also because it happened to be cheap. Also because he drove a manual and it felt essentially like stirring poo. Fo shizzle on the brakes, it looks nice. I really expected more though. Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sat, 06 August 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it's been a while now, so I thought an update was warranted. I haven't been able to spend much time on it lately because I just bought a house and started a new job, but I was there till the wee hours last night.

The correct speedo gear (we're pretty sure Wink ) is back in the car, so hopefully we will no longer be 10% out.

The oil pressure switch is in place of the gauge sender, but mysteriously the wiring is absent, so we will have to sort something out for that.

The boost controller is plumbed, and just needs to be wired in. That took a WHOLE heap of fiddling around, stupid tiny little turbos.

All the air leaks appear to have gone, running much nicer, starts pulling around the 3000rpm mark and goes nuts around 4000rpm. Needs more boost though.

Big surprise last night was the thermostat. Engine wouldn't idle as smooth as I'd wanted (occasional pops and really rich) and would idle quite high. Decided to bite the bullet and replace the thermostat after noticing occasionally it dropping off the central bar on the temperature gauge. It must've just been on the verge of sitting on that bar, because here is what lurked under the thermostat housing:
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/thermostat.jpg
(Yes, that's a 6 not an 8 ).

All in all, finally got some progress, probably going back tonight to have the car all boost tuned and running right and leak free before the OST dyno day.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2005 13:07]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sun, 07 August 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn thats cold
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't check my thermostat... I know I should have! Who knows what crazy stuff has been going on with.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another big night come Saturday night. Removed a bolt I broke off in the sump. Replaced all bar 6 of the bolts (ones over the crossmember) with new bolts, hopefully that solves my oil leak issues. Got underneath and cleaned most of the oil up from before.

All the boost controller plumbing has been checked, and the solenoid finally mounted.

The wiring has been completed for the DFA and the IEBC too, so I now have to find the time to tune it before the OST dyno day. All easily removeable if I ever chose to remove it. I just need to put the dash on to hide them.

Sent the wheels back for the 3rd time to be resprayed, they're going to try to match the colour again, but also going to spray all 4, so I don't have to worry as much about them being matched. They just couldn't get the match to the original Titanium Silver of the P1's and I wasn't spending all this money for it to look wrong.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and I changed the thermostat to an 82 degree one, but it still has some issues with idling, still popping a fair bit. I'll try and get a second opinion to try and diagnose (hint hint Peewee) why it's happening, will reset the ECU and try.

Now to tune this IEBC and set it to 1 bar steady Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good too finally see this thing running nath!

will look hot with the buddy clubs fitted thats for sure!

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 09:20

good too finally see this thing running nath!

Tell me about it. It goes well under WOT, just needs some work on the idle and I'll be happy. Hopefully with an ECU reset, and a bit of driving around (probably done under 50km since I've had it running) it'll come good. I'm running out of things to check (still got TPS and O2 sensor to check) and I'm pretty sure there are no more air leaks. If it doesn't come good, a second opinion is in order methinks.

As for the Buddy Clubs, they will look good, and they will be a slightly different colour to any other ones getting around Razz They did a good job finish wise, but the colour just wasn't cool. I'm hanging to get some new tyres on it. Tried to launch the other week, this time in the dry, and all it wanted to do is light up the wheels.

On a side note, Truetrac is uber tight and chirps slightly pulling out of my driveway at the workshop as it partially locks Razz
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 10:36

Now to tune this IEBC and set it to 1 bar steady Smile

In what gear? Razz Thats the only real flaw with the jaycar kits, they work from the injector duty cycle. This means that even if it holds 1bar steady in 3rd gear, in 5th when you floor it you'll find it spikes above 14psi a fair bit because it'll be at a lower duty cycle.

In the same respect, it may be best to tune to DFA first, because the duty cycle on the injectors will change with any changes to the air flow signal Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 09:56

In what gear? Razz Thats the only real flaw with the jaycar kits, they work from the injector duty cycle. This means that even if it holds 1bar steady in 3rd gear, in 5th when you floor it you'll find it spikes above 14psi a fair bit because it'll be at a lower duty cycle.

Probably 2nd with a bit of touch ups in 3rd. I don't have any longer roads to tune it on and I'm not keen on doing runs up to around the 150kph mark on any of the roads I have available to me Razz One question though, how much spiking are we talking? Eventually it will be tuned on the dyno when....

HyDrA wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 09:56

In the same respect, it may be best to tune to DFA first, because the duty cycle on the injectors will change with any changes to the air flow signal Smile

I thought about this for a while as I knew this would be an issue. I decided I would set the boost controller to where I want it sitting and try to get a nice flat boost curve (in whatever gear it ends up being in). By doing this, I will hopefully have an idea just how much fuel is available for him to remove. By fiddling with the DFA, the duty cycle should come down, and hence it make less boost, so I'll get him to leave a bit of headroom then finetune it on the dyno.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 11:37

Probably 2nd with a bit of touch ups in 3rd. I don't have any longer roads to tune it on and I'm not keen on doing runs up to around the 150kph mark on any of the roads I have available to me Razz One question though, how much spiking are we talking? Eventually it will be tuned on the dyno when....

fair enough... just rev it out in every gear and you'll be ok! My boost gauge only goes to 15psi, so i can't really say how much it spikes by, but I have mine set to 15psi, and in 4th and 5th it spikes a bit... only a bit because I have set the iebc to open the wastegates slightly at the lower duty cycles.

justcallmefrank

I thought about this for a while as I knew this would be an issue. I decided I would set the boost controller to where I want it sitting and try to get a nice flat boost curve (in whatever gear it ends up being in). By doing this, I will hopefully have an idea just how much fuel is available for him to remove. By fiddling with the DFA, the duty cycle should come down, and hence it make less boost, so I'll get him to leave a bit of headroom then finetune it on the dyno.

I suppose, it's easier and more fun tuning the IEBC anyway.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 10:15

fair enough... just rev it out in every gear and you'll be ok! My boost gauge only goes to 15psi, so i can't really say how much it spikes by, but I have mine set to 15psi, and in 4th and 5th it spikes a bit... only a bit because I have set the iebc to open the wastegates slightly at the lower duty cycles.

I'm sure the spikes could be tuned out a bit, you as you said earlier did most of the tuning yourself (and by yourself). The instructions say a fair bit about controlling the spike, perhaps it just needs some more work and/or some more help from someone else. It looked like it would just be a case of driving it a fair bit and as you encounter an issue, fiddle with the figures before the "fully open" point to smooth out the transition from building boost to maintaining boost.

HyDrA wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 10:15

I suppose, it's easier and more fun tuning the IEBC anyway.

Yep Smile Although I'd say once it's done on the dyno, unless I encounter a problem, I don't see myself fiddling with it much.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tuned it a few times now... and I agree it needs tuning still Razz

I need a nice quiet straight stretch of road to work out the tuning.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 10:39

I've tuned it a few times now... and I agree it needs tuning still Razz

I need a nice quiet straight stretch of road to work out the tuning.

I'd say that's part of the problem. The manual/article touts it's consistency between gears as one of it's benefits. Perhaps it just needs a good session out on the road, or even a tune on the dyno...with your DFA too!
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, what's the ETA on the Buddy Clubs coming back, being shod, and being fitted to the XX? Can't wait to see them on (and see if +32s clear at the front Wink )

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
+32's clear.

EDIT: Only with the Z32 discs on. about 5mm clearence.
Wouldn't clear RA60 struts I don't think.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 04:36]

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 14:34

+32's clear.

EDIT: Only with the Z32 discs on. about 5mm clearence.
Wouldn't clear RA60 struts I don't think.

+32 7.5"s?

I still want to see them, either way Wink

EDIT: Saw your edit. Yes, I mean taking into account the extra +8mm. Wouldn't even consider them otherwise.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 04:39]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, +32 7.5's

We've tried them on his XX, and my Cressida.
Both fit.

We tried them on a hub without the +8mm from brakes, didn't fit.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cruz how did they look on the cressy?

got pics?

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like a wanna-be boy racer.

We'll get some better pics when they have rubber.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 14:25

Like a wanna-be boy racer.

We'll get some better pics when they have rubber.

ok becuase I would like to show my mate as he is looking for a nice set of wheels for his 73, his is white like yours so I am trying to talk him into a set of charcoal ones Smile

but in 17's
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey MrIJZ - any chance of sending those turbo pipes off sometime? Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah no worries dude

totally forgot about them hey...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should hopefully have them back this week, and shod with tyres shortly after. I'll take some pics for ya Nod I'm keen to see what they look like with them and the bullet locknuts.

Teh MX73 looked funny with the Buddy Clubs Razz Just a note, the 17" versions don't come in offsets to suit them either. And my +12mm rear wheels don't fit in the rear guards.

Stefan, I'd send you some pipes, but I only have one of them from my toy, someone had thrown out a heap of them!? No No No
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCMF, my mate had a set of P1's on his S13 and they looked absolutely awesome with the cusco wheel nuts (the blue ones) I know they are expensive and have massive wank factor but they really set off the wheels for some reason, you should do some photochopping and see what they look like...

offsets dont matter, if they dont fit we will use spacers, not really fussed as he will probably buy them off yahoo japan to suit and S13 or something as you cant get them brand spankers anymore AFAIK

as for the pipes well dont send shit via aus post as they wont ackknowledge sending them from my end even tho I droppped the shit off at the post office and they wont acknowledge fucking recieving it in tasmania...idiots

luckily i do have another set, even tho I have been slack sending them Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough, generally I like my cars road legal though Wink

Buddy Club has gone bust yeah...would've been a LOT easier for me if they hadn't.

I ended up getting some silver bullet locknuts that look cool and should be enough of a PITA to remove, especially in the deep "hub" of the P1's.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys Smile MRIJZ, I don't suppose you have any *new* 1G seals etc that you didn't get aroudn to using that you'd like to sell?

Does the Silvia have 5 stud hubs or 4? 5 studs P1s are pretty easy to get hold of, as are silvia offsets. Often see them in staggered pairs (like +32 fronts, +37 rears) with 7.5" fronts & 8.5" rears.

(If this is hijacking your thread.. well.. I'll stop Wink )
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sometimes the road legal sacrifice has to be made for the pursuit of nice wheels Laughing

sorry stefan I used them all when I did the headgasket on the good motor I sold, they were of no use to me Smile

silvias are 4x114.3 and piss easy to find P1's for Smile

especially in 17's
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S13 4 stud
S14/15 5 stud.

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 16:24

Fair enough, generally I like my cars road legal though Wink

Buddy Club has gone bust yeah...would've been a LOT easier for me if they hadn't.

I ended up getting some silver bullet locknuts that look cool and should be enough of a PITA to remove, especially in the deep "hub" of the P1's.

Likewise for me. Funny how Nathan & I ended up with exactly the same wheels, offsets & everyhthing, front and back. The +12s were quite difficult to find.

BTW if anyone wants to ogle P1s, check the link n my sig for some pics of mine Wink
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 16:34

S13 4 stud
S14/15 5 stud.

Oh, I know that - people with S13s often convert to 5 stud, that's all. And we all know 5 stud wheels tend to be more common.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 14:34

Likewise for me. Funny how Nathan & I ended up with exactly the same wheels, offsets & everyhthing, front and back. The +12s were quite difficult to find.

At least they won't be quite the same colour any more Razz
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So how long until your finished?

I have changed my completion date until october, ready by then?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At his rate the Soarer will be ready first...
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 08 August 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slow and steady wins the race... Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Tue, 09 August 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
October is feasible.
-Wheels and tyres hopefully get sorted this week.
-The mechanical problems are *hopefully* sorted.
-DFA and IEBC wired and plumbed, ready to be tuned.
-Trim panels sorted
-Most interior bits ready to go in.

All in all, minor things, but I'm motivated atm (uber late nights all weekend) and the house is nearly all painted and ready to move into.
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior
Next Topic:Wilbo's JZA61
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:08:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094830989837646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.