Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GZFE still needed by people...including me!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Thu, 04 August 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://ww.japanusedcar.net/auction/detail.php?id=5 B11501526

About $4,450 AUD.... Surprised

Not that it will stay there...
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but its done 377000 km in 8 years
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 10:12

yeah but its done 377000 km in 8 years

Meh, so it's barely run in.

I'd quite happily pay $5k for a 1GZ-FE with 377k on the clock. If only I hadn't bought a house...
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 10:24

If only I hadn't bought a house...

WTF were you thinking?!?! Shocked
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If was thinking 10 years of rent at (average) $150/week = nearly $80k down the drain. Sad
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, but 1GZ-FE.....

Laughing Evil or Very Mad Wink Rolling Freak hehehe
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see you buying any 1GZ's. Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's 'coz I've got two mortgages and a new car! Laughing
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equity Mate?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 11:40

That's 'coz I've got two mortgages and a new car! Laughing

WTF were you thinking?!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If was thinking 10 years of rent at (average) $150/week = nearly $80k down the drain. Sad
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why bother even cracking the thing open...it'll handle 10-15psi easy depending on the chosen compressor size and you think that won't produce 400rwkw+ and more torque than any factory drivetrain will handle??????

Keep it simple and enjoy the drive...much better than staring at a pile of ever increasely expensive parts sitting on the shed floor Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's all well and good if you want to turbocharge it, but don't you think a high-revving atmo screamer would be so much cooler? More expensive yes, but imagine the sound it would make. Shocked
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 13:34

That's all well and good if you want to turbocharge it, but don't you think a high-revving atmo screamer would be so much cooler? More expensive yes, but imagine the sound it would make. Shocked

pfft

crank the turbos

you want induction noise go download some sound files...id be more happy making 400rwkw for half the cost
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like the 1UZ i think all you'd do following the n/a path would be a set of cams and a decent exhaust. 1U rods will take 8000rpm but until you have cams that actually work past 5000rpm there's no point...it'll be the same for the V12.

The noise would turn heads for sure though....i used to love the sound of the V12 E Type that would turn up at Uni every now and then.

I'd still be going twin GT30XX
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's no doubt the TT option will yield far more power at lower cost, but there comes a point where you have to consider how much power is too much. Getting 600hp NA out of a 1GZ shouldn't be hard - turbo will easily surpass that, but how the hell are you going to use it? I have less than 400hp at the moment and it's pretty damn scary on the street sometimes. An extra 50% on top of that boggles the mind.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Obviously Mr GT8 has long since banished such thoughts from his head, so I guess I'm on my own here. Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 15:07

Those are my thoughts anyway. Obviously Mr GT8 has long since banished such thoughts from his head, so I guess I'm on my own here. Laughing

i'll put in my vote for do-deca throttles Very Happy

quad throttle.. bah, how poncy... if the octa-throttle 1UZ sounds good, the do-deca throttle 1GZ would sound lurvely Surprised
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/dodecathrottle.jpg
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No point denying my boost fetish but you have just shown yourself the way Norbie....you won't get 600hp from the V12 without cams or boost and i reckon i can do the boosted version cheaper for any level of hp. The mod progression would be-

leave it stock and enjoy the silky torque

extractors for a bit more top end

boost baby boost

go nuts with all the good n/a fruit

go really nuts with all the boosted fruit and point the thing at the moon Smile

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 14:57

go really nuts with all the boosted fruit and point the thing at the moon Smile

I like this one Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whilst we are dreaming why not have three, one worked NA for a track car, one turbo for a straight line and a third with a big PD supercharger for uber low end torque
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will it fit in a TA22? Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 05:46]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but whether or not you fit in the car afterwards is another argument.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, no wider than a 1U. A longer engine bay would help but any small toyota you put it in won't go round corners real good Smile

The JZA80 option is the best bet or a 260Z if you can handle a brand swap
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 15:49

a 260Z if you can handle a brand swap

Sacrilege!!

I love the JZA80 idea!!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yes obviously you'd need cams, dodeca throttles and possibly higher compression pistons to get 600hp NA. This is why I said earlier you'd need a "substantial" budget to do it properly. 600hp turbo would be so much easier and cheaper, but if you're playing with an engine like this why do things by halves?

Not that I'm anti-boost by any means. My daily driver is turbo and my "weekend car" is well on its way to being turbo. It would be nice to try something atmo but equally silly, that's all. Plus the thought of having probably the world's fastest NA Supra is kind of cool. Cool

All of this is pure fantasy though - there's no way I can afford to build a 600hp NA V12 without selling both of my current projects first, and there's no way that's going to happen any time soon. Sad
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon one of these with a set of ITB's and beautiful big bunch of banana's extractors would be just the ticket in the back of a GT40 replica.

At least that's one of my plans for when lotto get's around to making me a multi millionaire.

Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My cunning plan was to turn one into an N/A screamer and fit it to a 240Z.
It'd be a hoot ....
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Nissan?

Ban please.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2nd'd
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Fri, 05 August 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 13:38

CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 15:28

Custom pistons are around the $250 each for one offs.

and rods are similar.. ish?

so $500 per bore x 12 = $6K just for pistons and rods..

think customs 4cyl build then multiply by 3. a V12 is never going to be "cheap" ...

its cheap if you have alot of money :S

Eldar.O.
1UZ FTE
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Sun, 07 August 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys
I like Justen's idea a little bit of boost should see it happily in the 300+ rwkw and that should be keeping it well and truly safe

Norbie
NA all out mods would be awesome and the sound would be great, but a budget killer it would be,.. hmm I'd hate to think what a set of camshafts are worth to be reground

We have just landed one and actually just picked it up saturday off the importer ,.. I will get a tape over it sometime next week with some measurements / pics
For those who maybe chasing one it will give a idea if it will fit whatever you plan to put it in

This one will be getting a little bit of boost

Just on a side note this was the 3rd one that we tried to land and the first 2 we missed out on ,.. as soon as they come on the Japanese market they get snapped up real quick
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Sun, 07 August 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PICS!!!!! Shocked
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Sun, 07 August 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too slack to check back for pics, so as per this post, ill take an email.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Sun, 07 August 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy crap, i guess it had to happen one day Very Happy
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Sun, 07 August 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL a little bit of boost....you don't know the meaning of low boost Jamie Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Sun, 07 August 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so... will it fit in the celica Wink

or should i ask how well it fits?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Sun, 07 August 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not funny Stu, you don't know how close that was to happening. Luckily sanity prevailed and the 1GZ is destined for a more suitable recipient....also means we'll see the 22 run in anger much much much sooner Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Sun, 07 August 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 08:49

Not funny Stu, you don't know how close that was to happening. Luckily sanity prevailed and the 1GZ is destined for a more suitable recipient....also means we'll see the 22 run in anger much much much sooner Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ahhh, i love it... you guys are completely nuts Razz
i'm keen for a roadtrip when i get back... eventually...
Cya, Stewart
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah! I wanted to be the first with a V12. Oh well, it will be awesome to see what one of these things is capable of, and it won't be me paying the bills. Laughing
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 08:49

So are you saying you had a 1GZFE???
Where did it go?
/me kicks Justen in the nuts!
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah not me. A little birdie asked my view on installing the V12 into a certain well known 22. I'd like to think my well reasoned response (are you farking mad) has resulted in the engine going to a more suitable car...leaving said 22 on the mad path it was already destined for.

If i had a 1GZ you would be listening the the wav file of it fish tailing down the road Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 12:56

resulted in the engine going to a more suitable car

Which is? A certain well known GT4 perhaps? Laughing

Enquiring minds want to know... PM if you want to keep it hush-hush. Smile
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing If i could get a tansaxle at a half decent price then a mid engined V12 GT4 wouldn't be beyond imagining. In fact i'm dying to do a mid engined 1U in something that wasn't designed for it. Must be tru mid engine though so can't use a Porsch or VW box, has to be a fair dinkum transaxle.

As for the recipient of the 1GZ....very old Skool and won't appeal to many on this list. Not mine...or Jamies so unfair to divulge details. I think it's pretty cool though and more importantly it fits. Just not many options that would accept a 1GZ and keep acceptable dynamics.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah handling schmandling....

i vote 1GZ-FE KE10 Evil or Very Mad

might fit in the rear half of the car perhaps..
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
an engine block with wheels Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 13:49

why not throw it into a clubman Rolling Eyes
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 14:24

oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 13:49

why not throw it into a clubman Rolling Eyes

you're thinking too big

lets strap it to a BMX bike like the kids that put whipper snipper motors on theirs
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 14:20

an engine block with wheels Laughing

thats the ticket Wink they'd have to be 22"rims as well of course....

are we still on topic?
Jezza
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think there was much of a topic to start with

basically i think the thread has gone along the lines of.....

"i wish i had a 1gz" and "if i had a 1gz i would..."

if i had a 1gz id want the century to go with it Very Happy be great for cruising around in, add some boost and u will be goin great Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bwahahaha and all from the supposed knowledgable and mature ones on the forums.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have my dreams... one of them is hinted at above... the other is held VERY close to my heart for the hope of one day unleashing it on an unsuspecting world.... Razz

Both are 1GZ related, and only one involves a toyota.

but before any captain insano projects begin, i must finish the 8 valve of ultimate glory, and spank two (very contrasted) orange RA23's back into the 70s....

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 12:28]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm I can imagine Stu & Justen trying to squeeze a mid mount 1GZ into a KE10 Corolla... Norbie could probably even help with a few brackets!
doityourself
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whack 2 6/71 blowers one on top of the other on the motor with, old skool carby fed something like 2 double pumper 650 holley.

Now for the BS bit.

Take this set up and mid mount in a 70's crown wagon, with a bug catcher on top of the roof.

Pimp it with 20's and remove the springs.

RIDE ON BUMP STOPS BABY.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who said it wouldn't fit in a 70's Crown Wink
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Mon, 08 August 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 22:19

but before any captain insano projects begin, i must finish the 8 valve of ultimate glory, and spank two (very contrasted) orange RA23's back into the 70s....

Keep dreaming buddy! Razz
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Tue, 09 August 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 09:52

THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 22:19

Keep dreaming buddy! Razz

Last time i checked its pretty easy to beat an inanimate object in a drag race.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Tue, 09 August 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too bad Witzl has your head norbs... you won't be going far without that!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Tue, 09 August 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still reckon my turbo 23 will be running before his turbo 28. Razz

IT'S ON!!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 1GZFE still needed by people...including me! Wed, 10 August 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
still wont get very far without an engine Evil or Very Mad

my turbo 28 is already running... .just without a turbo....
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engine rebuilds in Perth???
Next Topic:exhaust manifold pressures
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:02:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079860687255859 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.