Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Mon, 08 August 2005 23:18 Go to next message
Well the time finally came where the soarer now has to leave the road so I can get serious on it with items such as a weld in cage, 14 and 12 kg springs, custom dash, stripped interior, full spool diff, straight pipe exhaust system so the purchase of this was necessitated Smile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/UCF11%20Celsior/celly.jpg

im picking it up whenever I get the chance this week, possibly tonight

its the top of the line model, type C i think? It has absolutely everything except the sunroof, plans include some 18" blingin wheels, a nice raceflo exhaust system to make my presence felt, a towbar and limo tint Smile

more pics when its in my driveway Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Mon, 08 August 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one.

Didn't you say you were importing a JZX81 at some stage?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Mon, 08 August 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I had first dibs on that when it comes in, but some quick calculations revealed to me that it wouldnt be legally heavy enough to tow the soarer interstate plus the 1JZ would be working harder than the 1UZ when towing such a heavy car...

then there is the massive pimp factor of the celsior that had me sold
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Mon, 08 August 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks very neat and clean in white , another John Verban special Wink

If its top of the line with the rear seat massagers and seat warmers etc etc it would be a CF package.

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Mon, 08 August 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 09:18

Looks very neat and clean in white , another John Verban special Wink

If its top of the line with the rear seat massagers and seat warmers etc etc it would be a CF package.

yeah the car is an absolute minter, I wouldnt have bought it if it werent, and yes it does have the seat massagers and seat warmers so its the CF package Smile

verban special indeedy Very Happy

cant deny he has cheap cars
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 09 August 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats going on with the JZX81 then, is it sold?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 09 August 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pimpin

PIM PEN!!!! Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 09 August 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 11:41

Whats going on with the JZX81 then, is it sold?

nope Smile

available to the general public now Smile

check the coming soon section of www.kansaiautomotive.com

cant miss it Smile

archie dont you know it dude!!

cut laps we must Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 09 August 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laps... Rolling Eyes

i was never a fan of the larger toyota sedans in white.... but i spose it will match your soarer
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 09 August 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 13:38

laps... Rolling Eyes

i was never a fan of the larger toyota sedans in white.... but i spose it will match your soarer

I didnt really want a white one either but its pearl which gives me some solice, and the mintness of the car was a massive drawcard...

it wont actually match the soarer soon as that is copping a colour change

witzl, laps is not something I have been able to do in the past year of owning the soarer in fear of being pulled and bent over by SAPOL, now owning a car thats relatively undefectable, it must be done Laughing
spiller
Regular

August 2005
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 09 August 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
back to saturday night runlde and hindly runs for you! Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 09 August 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only for da chix bro Laughing

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phag copycat Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joo is jeloz

broke the soarer yet?

or pulled the diff from your celsior yet?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no

no

no

too sick mang...i can barely move Crying or Very Sad
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, it's been two days now, whens the next burnout vid due for release? Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 02:34]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt doesn't do burnouts...i swear Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after comlpliance I will have some nice snow tyres to fry Very Happy

it slides in the wet tho

the love boat drifts Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hooray for more photos Very Happy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/UCF11%20Celsior/Celsior001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/UCF11%20Celsior/Celsior002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/UCF11%20Celsior/Celsior003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/UCF11%20Celsior/Celsior004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/UCF11%20Celsior/Celsior005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/UCF11%20Celsior/Celsior006.jpg
Supra-Girl
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a car like that. They are great.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's it. i'm gonna take some pics of my Celsior, stick them on the net, THEN i'll be down with the ladies Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Thu, 11 August 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha

too late Cool
TRUE, NO?
Regular

April 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Fri, 12 August 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boys, boys relax, yall know the ladies really like me and my station wagon corolla the most! and dont forget my ute
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Fri, 12 August 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/smiley_icons/cry.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/images/smiley_icons/cry.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/images/smiley_icons/cry.gifhttp://forums.toymods.org.au/images/smiley_icons/cry.gif

How's that holden ad go?

I just want one Laughing

Nice looking car mate
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Fri, 12 August 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRUE, NO? wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 09:32

boys, boys relax, yall know the ladies really like me and my station wagon corolla the most! and dont forget my ute

dude...your ute is teh shit!! or is it just shit? Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Fri, 12 August 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes rick cos you is teh sex0r Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
TRUE, NO?
Regular

April 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Sat, 13 August 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 09:33

dude...your ute is teh shit!! or is it just shit? Razz

Mad hey is definatly THA SHIT Laughing Laughing
TRUE, NO?
Regular

April 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Sat, 13 August 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes rick cos you is teh sex0r Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed [/quote]

Damn straight!
nice car though, *whispers* urs is better than steves Laughing
Jks there just as good as each other.
maybe ill buy a pimp machine too
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Mon, 15 August 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice straight celsior mate. I drive a green/grey two tone C spec myself. they're an awesome car,you get a hell of a lot for your money.

they make good power,and sound pretty sweet with a proper exhaust. mine did a 15.9 @87Mph straight off the boat,and with a 2 1/2" full stainless dual exhaust,made 144kw atw untuned,so they have quite a bit of potential.

lots of MA/JZA70 and JZA80 supra bits bolt in (mine has MA70 struts and JZA80 front brakes),and there is a lot more performance gear available than you'd think. JIC and Tein make coilovers specifically for celsiors for a start. and then there's the VIP style dress up gear....

Justin...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Mon, 15 August 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, dont be telling me about performance gear for these babies...

I already have one race car to waste money on Razz

this thing is strictly for pimping and towing

that is all Smile

no mods...apart from a sweet sounding exhaust of course Wink
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Mon, 15 August 2005 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so I guess I shouldn't be telling you who makes extractors for them locally,and that there's a bolt on supercharger kit being sold out of canberra for $9k that takes it to 225kw atw?

Justin...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Mon, 15 August 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it were going to be anything it would have two GT2510's strapped on the side, as the guy sponsoring my drift car (adam from adco race engineering) has already declared it quite possible...

but I have resisted Smile

what are the extractors worth?

I might be keen on a pair of them, as they give the exhaust note a much deeper tone Wink
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 16 August 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No mods except exhaust ? come on surely u gotta get some dish wheels to make it pimp it up Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 16 August 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the point of dished rims and low profile tyres when its a tow car, unless you were to change the rims every time you were tow something it wouldn't be practical.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 16 August 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wrong corona boy Razz

nah im gonna crank the dished wheels for sure Smile

however when I am towing interstate I will probably fit some stock wheels for a smoother ride and then I can use the dishies as drift wheels on the soarer as well...

win win situation i guess
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 16 August 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the extractors were ~$800 last time I looked. as for them giving it a deeper note,I think you've got the ends of the exhaust confused.
it's the rear mufflers that will dictate the pitch of the note.

my car is running dual 2 1/2" pipework from the cats back,with an X pipe,twin resonators,and two offset straight through mufflers. sounds fantastic.

if you want to fit twin turbos,I'd be curious to know where you plan to put them. there's a lot less space in there than you think.

Justin...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 16 August 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I had a 2.5" system on my VK commodore and it sounded rather tinny, after fitting extractors as well the exhaust note got deeper and sounded much much nicer

$800 is a bit expensive, I might have to pass on them for a while as I have some things I need for the soarer.

If it were to be turbo, which it doesnt, i dont need a 350rwkw tow car, the turbos would go under the car, ala the APS twin turbo monaro kit, nice and stealthy

you wouldnt really expect to race an 11 second celsior at the traffic light grand prix would you Laughing
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 16 August 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well,it's not a commodore. simple as that really. running a twin 2 1/2" system,I'm not getting any backpressure,and it DOES sound good,I've had plenty of people say this to me,it's not just me trying to make myself look good or anything,I don't give a toss about what other people think of me and what I drive.

there isn't enough space under the car for turbos and plumbing,unless you want to jack the suspension UP and be paranoid about damaging them everytime you go over a speed hump.
my exhaust scrapes where it joins the factory cats as it is and the car is only ~2" lower than std. get under the car yourself and find two places that you can fit something 8" in diameter and a foot long,plus plumbing,I doubt you will find space that's anywhere near the exhaust.
the only way I can see it getting done,it to remove the hydraulic cooling fan setup,and run twin thermos in front of the condenser,and then put two non intercooled S15 std turbos (why bother with 2510's it's not a CA18) in-between the engine and the radiator. even then the plumbing will be interesting,and how you'll get water and oil into and out of the turbos is still iffy. you'll have bugger all ground clearance still,as you'll have to run the twin exhausts out under the sump,as there will be no room to go back out through the std positions alongside the block. believe me,I've owned my celsior for 8months now,and have looked at this more than once. an underbonnet blower is the best option,and kits are already available both locally and out of Japan.

if you wanted to REALLY spend some cash on the engine,C's do a 5L stroker kit as well as a blower. there's also an 8 throttle manifold kit and cams available out of NZ if you want to chase NA power.

my car is daily driven,and was bought with the same usage in mind as yours: to tow my fun car. I'd like a bit more power out of it,but have to be realistic with how far I go with something that has to be completely reliable. I plan to clean up the front half of the exhaust,throw in a couple of gauges to keep a closer eye on it,and put in a unichip to lean off the stupidly rich mixtures they run std. that's it. anymore and it's getting too far away from it's intended purpose.

good luck with your car.

Justin...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 16 August 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fergo308 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 21:30

I don't give a toss about what other people think of me and what I drive.

that is in my opinion the greatest comment I have ever heard sprouted on the forums and I stick to that slogan every day...

as you have said, i havent thought the turbos thing through becuase I dont have to becuase it wont happen..

after all

you dont need 350rwkw to tow a car Wink

the unichip to tune the bastard might be an idea tho, get some better fuel economy on those longer trips..

cheers for your help justin
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 20 September 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and now the celsior is sold Sad

someone offered me rediculous profit so It had to go Sad

such a shame as I enjoyed driving it immensely
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 20 September 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 09:57

Just get a nice MKII TRD Chaser and be done with it Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 20 September 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driftspec wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 11:03

MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 09:57

Just get a nice MKII TRD Chaser and be done with it Razz

ahaha

not that much profit dude

im thinking a UZS131 crown...

dunno yet
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 20 September 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy me a 600hp turbo kit with the profit.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 20 September 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok sure
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 20 September 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will solve all the problems in your sig.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Tue, 20 September 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i said ok
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Wed, 21 September 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if you are gonna be like that you can keep your stinking turbo kit.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Wed, 21 September 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i will
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior Wed, 21 September 2005 10:02 Go to previous message
Yeah swing one my way while your at it.

FAG!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:St184 Panda, 17"s, GT4 Bonnet, Cannon etc...
Next Topic:Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:44:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016685009002686 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.