Toymods » General Car Talk » SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Mon, 08 August 2005 10:11 Go to next message
ok im going to buy a cruiser to potter around in cause i dont really like leaving the rolla in carparks, now my options are either:

SV21 Camry Ultima

*2L motor good on fuel nice interior good size and i know alot about these motors so for me its a safer option

MX73 GLXi Cressida

5MGE dont know much about these cars but i like the look of them.

MX83 GLXi Cressida

Probably bit out of my price range and not too sure about the reliability of these engines (7mge's)

anyway im probably going to have a budget of about 3k and i was wondering if anyone can fill me in on the details with things that a far & against with the cars basically i want a comparison between the MX73 and SV21 cause thats what im throwing up right now, especially fuel consumption, i know the camry, if u keep it running well, u will get about 400-450kms out of the tank.

thanks people. if anyone around hornsby/castle hill has a MX73 GLXi they will let me check out and see how they drive ect id really appreciate it. will provide an offering also Razz

thanks

Dom
  Send a private message to this user    
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Mon, 08 August 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 20:11

will provide an offering also :

What ?

Of course the Cressidas will use a lot more juice than the mighty SV21.
Unless you like spending 50% more on fuel go the Camry.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Mon, 08 August 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
50% more on fuel? what are you smoking...

you'll get more than 225km to a tank in the cress..

the 5MGE is a bulletproof motor... but i'm a bit biased toward cressidas anyhow Razz

personally though i think you should go the camry. if its just a shopping car, cruiser around instead of taking the rolla, something nondescript, cheap to run and comfy would be great.

an MX83 would be awesome but for 3k, you're going to get one which will probably need a proper HG change done soon , high kms, etc etc.

Just ask yourself...

do you really need a luxobarge to get to carparks, doing shopping in etc?

i know i did... hence my MX-62 cressida Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 23:19]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Tue, 09 August 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73 all the way Very Happy

love the shape Heart
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Tue, 09 August 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want fuel economy you don't want an auto M!

If its just a shitter go the camry they go alright for what they are and run on the smell of an oilly rag.

Only get a maunal camry though auto = real shit box
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Tue, 09 August 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With a budget of $3k go the Camry for sure. A $3k MX73 is a bit suspect, but a $3k MX83 would have to be utterly farked. You'll get a decent Camry for that price though, and parts/servicing will be much easier and cheaper.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Tue, 09 August 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i meant id give them a gift of grattitude.

anwyays thanks for the advise, stitt i know how the differenace between manual and auto cmarys are but i dont want a manual i want an auto, plus the ultimas only come in auto and no manual camrys have power windows soo yea. plus i dont want another manual camry, bloody shitty 2nd gear syncros!!!!

looks like ill be going SV21 like i first thought casue i dont wana spend a million on fuel.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Tue, 09 August 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can get mx83 in crap conditions for under 1K
why not get that and then puor 2k into it
on another note
have u thougth about a mz20 u can get them for around 2-3K nowdays
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Tue, 09 August 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the Camry mate, best on fuel, still decent on space and you'd get a good example for 3k.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SV21 Ultima -- VS -- MX73 GLXi -- VS -- MX83 GLX Tue, 09 August 2005 09:34 Go to previous message
nah i think ill go the camry, like i said before i know alot about them, having owned one myself for quite some time, nice and easy to drive the ultimas are too and the autos on them are pretty decent, hell of alot better than my mums impreza gx which is jsut a peice of shit!

i also want a car i can jsut buy, dirve, change oil in and jsut have to do general serciving, i dont wana pour 2k into it to make it worth nothing more than i paid for it, no fucking point, i know cause ive got a pulsar sitting in my garage that i poured 1500 into, paid 1100 for it and i cant even sell the prick for 1000 casue its run out of rego!

grr cars, bloody nissans thats all it is. oh well.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Aftermarket compare and getting a Roadworthy
Next Topic:Nissan 200SX s15 (rear seats)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:14:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005605936050415 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.