Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
4age - haltech e6k requirements Sun, 07 August 2005 10:56 Go to next message
i have been offered a haltech e6k off a mates rotor, but i need to know what would be required to make it run a 4agte. to start with i would like to run the standard smallport ignition setup (dizzy,coil,etc) if this is posible?
can i use the smallport temp sensors, tps?

thanks
craig
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Sun, 07 August 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ignition system yes, although you might as well use 4 coils. Temp sensors no, but they're easy enough to change anyway, TPS yes.
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Sun, 07 August 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes you can use the temp and TPS on your motor but you will have to get a air-temp sensor ( commodore air temp sensor ) and fit it in your plenum and you can use the standard dissy and ign but you may need to purchase a Haltech RA8 Reluctor Adapter if you have trouble with the trigger input signal , The E6K has a built in Reluctor Adapter but does not always work properly .( But try it first ).

Trevor
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Sun, 07 August 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For comparison, the E6X is able to use the standards dizzy reluctors (which are the same big/small), and also the stock TPS as is setup in my car.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Mon, 08 August 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Takai - do you have a e6x running on your motor? I just got my hands on one and as i have no previous wiring experience im hoping someone could give me some hints....i dont suppose that person could be u? Rolling Eyes

I just need to know how to set up triggers , igniters and what pwm is...

Adam
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Mon, 08 August 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Sun, 07 August 2005 21:21

Ignition system yes, although you might as well use 4 coils. Temp sensors no, but they're easy enough to change anyway, TPS yes.

what sort of temp sensor should i be looking for, is it generic or something supplied by haltech?

thanks heaps to everyone for your input Smile
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Tue, 09 August 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so suppose i was to go for a multi-coil setup, how do i go about it?

can i use coils off any type of car? (vauge memory of ppl using hyundi excel coils?)

what sort of ignition module do i use? (i think in my searches someone said a camira one would work?

would i be better off sourcing a gze crank angle sensor?

if i was to do everything above would that be my ignition system sorted? sorry if these are dum-ass questions but im getting myself very confused, if im totaly off course maybe someone could list some components that would be appropriate? (remember i plan to use the haltech e6k)

thanks
craig
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Tue, 09 August 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think that you dont need a crank angle sensor as you can use your dizzy but cut the top of it off.....i saw this somewhere and been told that a CAS is the same thing as dizzy just with no leads....

also if you call a haltech dealer they can recomend coils...the ones im getting are only 110 for 2 twin coil packs...
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Tue, 09 August 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so they will operate as a wasted spark set-up?
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Tue, 09 August 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone else know about the standard dizzy as a CAS that bobski is talking about, that would help me out heaps cause i have a smallport dizzy with a cracked cap!

ohh and i checked my closest hatech dealer, bobski you were on the money!
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Tue, 09 August 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man im in the same boat as u.....i got a e6x sitting on my table...and it hurts every day goes by and its still layin ther Confused

im not 100% sure on if it works with the e6k but if it does then ur in luck

i think that if you look on haltech website

http://www.haltech.com.au/downloads/e6kv9man.pdf

there is a pdf manual u can download...it tells u heaps of interesting shit and a wiring diagram there too

gl

Adam
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Wed, 10 August 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not fair the microtech was so much easier!
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Thu, 11 August 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Dizzy doesn't function EXACTLY the same as a CAS, however it is very similar.

So yes, you can cap off the top of your dizzy, and use only the sensor outputs to tell Haltech that where the engine is at.
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Thu, 11 August 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 10:21

The Dizzy doesn't function EXACTLY the same as a CAS, however it is very similar.

So yes, you can cap off the top of your dizzy, and use only the sensor outputs to tell Haltech that where the engine is at.

so will this only work with a smallport dizzy or a bigport one to?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Thu, 11 August 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is a (dirty) bigport distributor, minus cap & rotor button:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/698/bigportdistributor7mi.jpg

Since it is already locked (no mechanical or vacuum advance, the factory computer controls ignition timing), all you need to do is carefully grind off 3 of the 4 splines on the top section of the shaft. This will become your "home" or synchronisation event to tell the ECU that the next cylinder to fire is #1. The 24 tooth wheel below remains as is, and indicates engine position for timing purposes, as you can see it has its own seperate pickup.

Cheers
Phil

cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Thu, 11 August 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh cool, picture tells a thousand words. so how do i know which tooth coresponds with #1? or do i just line up the remaning tooth with the sensor when the engine is at tdc? thanks heaps for the info.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Sun, 14 August 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alternative to grinding bits off you can just use a 100kw dizzy which only has the one trigger, and one amplifier unit.
Also for the wiring maybe it could look like this:
http://gallery2.plebeians.net/d/841-2/IMG_0006_005.jpg
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Sun, 14 August 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Takai: What are those coils off?
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Mon, 15 August 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well i have a bigport one and might be able to score a 100kw dizzy, if i cant i suppose its the grinder for me.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 4age - haltech e6k requirements Mon, 15 August 2005 11:56 Go to previous message
BradW wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:37

Takai: What are those coils off?

S15 SR20DET

Not sure if the S15s were any different to any others, they were jsut what was there.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:metal coating/polishing
Next Topic:t series diff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:23:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062680244445801 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.