Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RavnuZ
Regular

February 2005
Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!! Tue, 09 August 2005 12:15 Go to next message
Hi all,

i jus bought an 86 Celica ... love it n all BUT the heater and AC dont work Sad ... u can flick the switches all u want but nothing!!! ive looked at the fuses but they are all good ... the only heating i have in my car is if i open the vent to let in hot air from the engine which aint tht efficient Sad

Plz help or recommend a good repair person ... im in Oakleigh, Melbourne.

Cheers!!!

Send a private message to this user    
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!! Tue, 09 August 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you getting power to the fan control, eg, OFF,LOW,HIGH etc.

when u turn that on do you get air?
RavnuZ
Regular

February 2005
Re: Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!! Tue, 09 August 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 22:36

are you getting power to the fan control, eg, OFF,LOW,HIGH etc.

when u turn that on do you get air?

no mate Sad nothing at all ... only the backlights work thts it ... the fan duznt work nor do the AC buttons ... its like DEAD Sad !!!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!! Tue, 09 August 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you checked the relays under the hood?

and im pretty sure you have checked the fuses at the kick panel near the accelarator pedal, (but doesnt hurt to ask)

you arent getting any power which constitiutes to a fugged relay or fuse.

Karl
RavnuZ
Regular

February 2005
Re: Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!! Tue, 09 August 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 22:48

have you checked the relays under the hood?

and im pretty sure you have checked the fuses at the kick panel near the accelarator pedal, (but doesnt hurt to ask)

you arent getting any power which constitiutes to a fugged relay or fuse.

Karl

hey mate,
yep i checked the fuses at the kick panel ... no worries for askin ... im a noob newayz Embarassed ... and by "relays" do u mean the other fuse box on the lower right corner of the hood? If so, i checked those as well but they are all good Confused ... i hope i didnt check the relays Very Happy it gives me hope tht i may still fix it myself
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!! Wed, 10 August 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unplug the fan, turn the switch on and see if you're getting voltage at the plug with a multi-meter. If there is voltage, then the fan motor is dead or the fan is full of dirt. If there's no voltage then you've blown a fuse / relay or have a broken circuit somewhere. Good luck!

- Andy
RavnuZ
Regular

February 2005
Re: Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!! Wed, 10 August 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Andy!!!

ill try wat u sed n ill keep my fingers crossed ... HOpe it works out ... CHeers bro!!!
Thanks for ur help!!!
Oz
trdcmy
Regular

July 2005
Re: Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!! Wed, 10 August 2005 23:22 Go to previous message
i had the same problem what mine was was the relay box itself was stuffed, it could have burnt up a section of the board in the box,
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4a T50's? (ae86/ae71)
Next Topic:3tgte to 3sgte injector
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:15:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037860870361328 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.