Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » 2 Door Corona story, you will love this.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Airbrushguy
Occasional Poster

June 2005

2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Mon, 08 August 2005 16:08 Go to next message
Ok the 2 door 85 modle Corona that was in the F.S. section a few weeks back I now own.

My Story about this car is a bit more than just seing a strange looking corona and getting it.

This is not the first one of these I have owned, I had bought one about 8 years ago now and done a hell of a lot to it.
Painted it Camelion, gold to red, was the second car in Australia to be painted this colour. looked awsome, showed up the sharp lines heaps, I loved it. I did the usual things with stereo and the likes. Then while I was over seas I got a call from my girlfriend at the time, your car has been side swiped by a truck while I was driving.
No need to say why she is not my girlfriend any more.

Some of the Newcastle guys would remember me, I also went to one of the Dubbo events in Easter, I think it might have been 1999, but dont quote me, if any one here has any pics from the older ones it might be there, I would love it if some one could get some.

Mods
I pulled out the 3T-GTE and Grant from Newcastel fitted a 1G-GTE for me, he tore all his hair out doing it as it didnt fit to well but he got there. Thanks mate.(this was befor the truck thing) That was a big difrence to the 3T. Then took it to ATS when I moved to melbourne it got a single T4/3 hybrid turbo built for it, then the fun began when it came to power.

So after I spent $$$$$$$$$ on paint, motor, turbo, and everything else I had a car that had a big dent and no one willing to get me new panels as they were imposible to find, then the rust started, blody 80's cars. It was in the pillars so I had no chance of fixing it and was going to be huge dollars to do it right. I scraped it sold the motor and that was the end of it.

I drove that car for 8 years and never seen another single one, I moved to Adelaide about a year ago and seen it driving round so it was nedless to say I was a a bit out of control when I seen it, bloody histerical, my mate that was in the car with me didnt get it. I kept my eyes peel for it after that I wanted it back I needed that car no one had one while I drove it and there was one I knew I could get. The next time I seen it I was in my L300 van I done a U turn over a median strip and followed it for about 10ks befor I got to him at a set of lights.

Pulled up next to him and asked,
"Mate do you want to sell ya car?"
"Yeah I do"
"Are you serius?"
"Yeah Im pulling into that servo folow me"
"ok"

So there I was looking over a car I loved more than anything and thught I would never see ever again befor I die, and I had the option to buy it.

Now I have my rare as hell pride and joy and I promise to every one who reads this or read the F.S. section saying they wanted it.
It has gone to the right person.

I have plans to go back to the conversion I had in my old on, looking at a 1G-GTE tomorrow. I still have the turbo and dump pipe from the turbo to cat.

I want to put pics in here as I progress through so might have a TT142 Corona gallery soon.

Thanks for reading.
Clinton.

PS how do I put up pics in here?

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 16:22]

Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Mon, 08 August 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ooohhh... its like your first love or something Surprised Be sure to keep us up to date hey?
Airbrushguy
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Mon, 08 August 2005 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Pics of the beast, I think I have worked it out.

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/TurboCorona/Untitled-1copy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/TurboCorona/Corona.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/TurboCorona/100_1270.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/TurboCorona/100_1267.jpg[/IMG]

I hope they work.
OK help it didnt work.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 17:15]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Mon, 08 August 2005 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airbrushguy wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 03:12

Ok Pics of the beast, I think I have worked it out.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/TurboCorona/Untitled-1copy.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/TurboCorona/Corona.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/TurboCorona/100_1270.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/TurboCorona/100_1267.jpg

I hope they work.
OK help it didnt work.

Mate. That is fuckin sexy.... I like Shocked

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 17:19]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Mon, 08 August 2005 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe there you go mate Laughing

You just need to copy the IMG link and paste it in here. No need to click the 'add image' button.
Airbrushguy
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man, now im off to look at motors for it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I cant wait.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe hopefully you get the motor and go nuts. I have only seen one of these in the flesh but it had a 1s in it bahahahaha. Nice car, if it was in NSW i would of had a look at it.

I'd love one just cos no one would know what it is.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So ugly it's cool, 80's style. Love it!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 09:36

So ugly it's cool, 80's style. Love it!

Couldn't agree more Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, it's certainly a rarity. not sure if I've ever seen one of those in the flesh!

looks like a squashed mx73, I love it Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 12:36

looks like a squashed mx73, I love it Smile

You mean it looks like an MZ10?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front looks like an MZ10 not sure on the rear though, its a bit of everything
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now that would be a cool driftpig, the rear sorta looks like it has a bit of Nissan influence (eg R31 coupe), and that roofline/rear window reminds me of a starion Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is absolutely gorgeous!!

the styling reminds me of a time when portable stereos were sky blue with pink and chrome highlights....

bloody awesome Very Happy i'm keen for a detailed build up thread!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 15:26

Now that would be a cool driftpig, the rear sorta looks like it has a bit of Nissan influence (eg R31 coupe), and that roofline/rear window reminds me of a starion Laughing

i'd say the rear is closer to a DR30 than an HR31, i'd love one as a drift pig especially one with irs and f-series diff, shove in MA61 or true trac diff yay.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 05:29]

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 15:29

i'd say the rear is closer to a DR30 than an HR31,

Thats the one Wink
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front looks like a Levin. The one that came out with the gze... err ae101?
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that actually looks pretty cool, it reminds me of a soarer
Airbrushguy
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 15:27

that is absolutely gorgeous!!

the styling reminds me of a time when portable stereos were sky blue with pink and chrome highlights....

bloody awesome Very Happy i'm keen for a detailed build up thread!

How do I go about Getting a detailed build up thread for this. I have just bought a set of 17 second hand rims from a local importer. Will be gong on as soon as I can get the tyre changed that is an odd size.

I would love to do a thread on it as it is diffrent and I have lots of plans.
Eng swap,
Airbrush it,
Suspention mods,
Track days,
Show n shine,
Then Summernats in a few years. Summernats 21 I recon it will be ready for.

Can I just Start a Thread on this my self.
Airbrushguy
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh I recon it looks like..........

The front is like a, TT142 2 door Corona GT-TR

The rear is like a, TT142 2 door Corona GT-TR

The roof line is like a, TT142 2 door Corona GT-TR

Oh the doors are the same as a Celica/Supra

The windscreen is the same as well.
The diffrence with this one and my 82 model is my 82 model had the Digital dash.
This is not. Sad

Oh well

Its the same inside as my MA61 apart from trim colour.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, just start the thread yourself in "members rides"
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you say that is an 82 model? Sure as hell looks a lot different to my 82 model! Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the tt142 are exactly the same as the aus spec RT142/ST141 except they run a diff body. This is good cos if its a live rear axle there is thousands of parts lying round suspension wise and a few aftermarket bits, a bit harder with IRS but still plenty of parts can be taken of the avante.
edit: and for the bigger sleeper some TT142 were available in sedan same shape as the aus cars, but with the 3tgte, shame they have a huge twin cam turbo sticker down the side, but take that off up boost,few minor mods and you got one hell of a sleeper.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 07:28]

olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 17:25

and for the bigger sleeper some TT142 were available in sedan same shape as the aus cars, but with the 3tgte, shame they have a huge twin cam turbo sticker down the side, but take that off up boost,few minor mods and you got one hell of a sleeper.

Are you talking about the caldina ???
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Running gear is shared with the 3T-GTE powered TA63 Carina (2 and 4 door) and Celica's (have seen coupe and hatchback). Complete diff is the same as MA61 and interchanges. Have never seen a 4 door Corona with a factory 3T-GTE, doesn't mean it doesn't exist though.

Callum
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Tue, 09 August 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olihaub, no i'm talking about the corona, Purple Beasty, Al Palmer in sydney has one that he has had for years
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Wed, 10 August 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great Story!!

I love these Coronas, but the shape two generations older is what I'm looking for!!

Cheers,
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Wed, 10 August 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work mate. Good luck with the build up. Wink
KE55 Coupe
Regular

Banned Again

June 2005
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Wed, 10 August 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
build up will be good to follow....

great purchase....

p.s... let us know when you get the 3tgte out...

i will be highly interested in obtaining it Very Happy

cheers Ke55

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 10:31]

mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Wed, 10 August 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats so hot! Cant wait to get my old rona going.... ahhh one day. Best of luck with the beast, keep us updated! Very Happy
skyworka
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 2 Door Corona story, you will love this. Wed, 17 August 2005 01:28 Go to previous message
have u still got the 3t-gte engine... if u do and are still interested in selling it... im interested
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BLK1GGTE...GZ20
Next Topic:My Ride.. Non Toyota Warning also Non Japanese Warning
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:52:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071089267730713 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.