Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Brenton_TA23
Regular

October 2003

Warning light for tail light Tue, 09 August 2005 11:55 Go to next message
Got a st165 GT4, the brake light warning light comes on as soon as you touch the brakes. The lights all work so i cant figure out what is going. Any help and experience would be appreciated
  Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Warning light for tail light Tue, 09 August 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are 110% sure that one of the brake lights isn't blown?

The parking lights should be fine (otherwise the light should be on all the time), the fact that it comes on when you brake really tends to suggest a blown brake light....

Cheers
Wilbo
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Warning light for tail light Tue, 09 August 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i have same thing with my ST162.... i just assumed that one of brake lights was out, never had any trouble with it so i've just always left it....and it past rego with it aswell so its not like some mayjor thing you have to race out and get fixed.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 13:02]

Brenton_TA23
Regular

October 2003

Re: Warning light for tail light Wed, 10 August 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely no blown brake light. I might check the rating of the globes though. Other than this i'm fresh out of ideas. Cheers for your help fellas
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Warning light for tail light Wed, 10 August 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it remained on whenever a light went out?
I know my MX73 does.
The light remains on until you turn the car off.

All it relies on is current draw.
If it draws the wrong current, something is blown.

Check all connections at bulbs for corrosion too.

Check the highlevel brakelight if you have one.

And make sure its not the low brake fluid warning light!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Warning light for tail light Wed, 10 August 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take the warning light bulb out Razz
Enchanter
Regular

July 2005
Re: Warning light for tail light Wed, 10 August 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know this model at all but I believe the warning light is to tell you that you are in serious danger as your brakes are in danger of failing.
They don't go straight away but they probably will.

GET THEM CHECKED !!!

Cheers
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Warning light for tail light Thu, 11 August 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

If it's the BRAKE warning light that is in one of your instruments (ie the same light that comes on when you have the handbrake on) then as Enchanter said, it means there is something wrong with your brake system and you better get it checked 'cos it will fail. My old man, years ago, had his brake warning light come on in his Charger. He checked the system and it all seemed okay so he removed the bulb. Sure enough, some weeks went by and he had no brakes. He ended up doing a handbrake stop and spun the car 180 degrees and fileld his pants. He got the brakes fixed and put the bulb back. Smile

If it's a separate warning light (ie overhead OK monitor type system) then it's telling you that a brake light bulb is blown and no major safety issue.

seeyuzz
river
Brenton_TA23
Regular

October 2003

Re: Warning light for tail light Tue, 23 August 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried checking the globes at the back and cleaning the connections and it worked for two days. Now the light might come on one trip but the next time you drive it might not. I'll keep persevering with the globes and connections. Thanks guys, any more experiences would be appreciated.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Warning light for tail light Tue, 23 August 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your brake fluid level is high enough, make sure it's right up to the line. RAV-GT4 had a similar problem only a week or so ago.
Brenton_TA23
Regular

October 2003

Re: Warning light for tail light Wed, 24 August 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah its not that. Cheers anyway.
Any other input from experience would be appreciated.
Thanks
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Warning light for tail light Wed, 24 August 2005 06:58 Go to previous message
No worries mate, just thought I'd throw that out there because not a lot of people realise that's what it's for and think it's only for the handbrake.

Good luck with it dude.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:w58 box into ke20
Next Topic:pop-rivets are they really effective?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:29:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071799755096436 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.