Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
papercut
Regular

April 2003
weird electrical problem Tue, 09 August 2005 22:41 Go to next message
hey there

ok heres how it goes:

KE30 with a 4AGTE, flashpoint alarm system and battery in boot.

I haven't been driving the car lately but i took it out last night for a fang, and when i started it up, it made a weeeeird stuttering noise from the alarm speaker under the dash. So i reached behind and wiggled the erath connection and after a few goes, the car started up, but i noticed a crackling sound out of the alarm speaker evertime i gave it throttle/stepped on the brakes. It was constant and very evident - but it drove ok.

Today i took it out, and same sounds etc, BUT now my car is stuck at my mates house, unable to start up.

When i arrived at his house, i jumped out and pressed the alarm button, only to get this weird chirp sound and the alarm went basllistic, so i took out the negative terminal

When i try to turn the key now, it just makes a 'machine gun' noise, and u can hear a 'sizzling' and crackling noise from the battery Rolling Eyes so i just left it there

Flat battery? or definately short circuit somewhere? I checked all fuses and connections, everything seems fine

HELP!
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: weird electrical problem Tue, 09 August 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bad "erath"!
papercut
Regular

April 2003
Re: weird electrical problem Tue, 09 August 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

well i can't imagine a bad 'erath' would cause such a dead sound - the stuttering flat sound which happened at the end.

I mean, i wiggled the connection around to get better contact but it did absolutely nothing to the crackling sound from the alarm speaker.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: weird electrical problem Tue, 09 August 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you have gotten any water near the alarm module?
Is your battery voltage OK?
papercut
Regular

April 2003
Re: weird electrical problem Tue, 09 August 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
possibly water near alarm module as it sits on the firewall - but its been in there for a while and never had this problem - also the heat from the turbo manifold would have surely dried any possible water on the way to my mates place

battery is near new, but i'm yet to check it later today
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: weird electrical problem Tue, 09 August 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am having issues with my Flashpoint alarm. (along with a few other wiring issues).

They go somthing like this...

When I shut the car down and the turbo timer kicks in after a few seconds I get a noise like a phone ringing through the front right speaker, this is interfearance similar to what you get in a poorly wired car audio install where you can hear the indicators clicking through the speakers and hear the engine revs rise and fall through the speakers. but the source is from the alarm I will describe it as a house phone ringing.

Secondly in the morning when it is cold I start the car and drive, for the first few miniutes the battery isn't charging (looking at voltmeter) and is reading about 10.5-11.5 volts (read not good). things like power windows, mirrors, blower fan don't operate. As the car warms up the meter jumps to 13.5 (or so volts and phone ringing goes away and all is good. I am however yet to see the voltmeter read over 14 volts.

Now... The flaspoint alarm I have came with the car so I don't have instruction manuals and the like but I was given a pager thing that is supposed to alert you from "up to a km away" if this is the case I would assume that when the battery drops below a certain voltage the alarm pages you to tell you there is somthing wrong. My guess is the phone ringing sound is the alarm emitting the signal to the pager (yet to test this theory)
In my case I think the battery is p00 failing that the alternator is p00.

Cool1 before you jump in yes there were some earth issue which I checked and reconnected (yet to look at the starter moter earth But there is a problem there) along with some shorts that keep shutting down the stereo H/U. but I'm pretty sure the battery has carked it and I will be replacing it on the weekend to see if the battery charges. if not I'll be looking at the charging system.

Papercut I'd be checking the battery first for charge.
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: weird electrical problem Wed, 10 August 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The machine gun noise sounds like a dead battery, try jump starting it. If something's shorting out you're likely to smell plastic burning, if not see the smoke from it!

Lambolica,
The battery won't charge without resistance. Pull out fuses of everything except crucial things, and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, start putting fuses back in, and narrow it down. Then check it's wiring.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: weird electrical problem Wed, 10 August 2005 10:36 Go to previous message
papercut wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 08:41

So i reached behind and wiggled the erath connection and after a few goes, the car started up,

Which "earth connection" are you talking about here. Is it an earth on the chassis or a battery terminal.

If it needs to be wiggled to make the car start then it is obviously a problem. Undo this connection and clean all the surfaces that make contact with each other. Then reassemble it and make sure it is tight.

Also check your battery terminals. Make sure they are clean and tight.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fan computer
Next Topic:ma 70 problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 23:08:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048239231109619 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.