Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
aaron_celica
Newcomer

August 2005
Questions for 18-RC Wed, 10 August 2005 00:25 Go to next message
Hi everyone,

I am very happy to see an active forum with plenty of information regarding Toyota's.
Unfortunately i have not been able to find much in the way of modifications for 18-RC engines.

I have a 1981 Toyota Celica Liftback, and i recently took it to the drift track for the day. It was fun but the car is very much underpowered and had plenty of body roll to match.

Can you all please give me some advice in the way of modifications to the 18-RC engine that have been proven to work, reliable and increases hp.

Another thing i was wondering is has anyone played around with suspension mods and found some good ways to eliminate lots of body roll and increase handling?

Thanks guys

Aaron.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 00:26]

Send a private message to this user    
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Questions for 18-RC Wed, 10 August 2005 01:01 Go to previous message
contrary to a lot of people here saying that the 18R-C is worthless, i had a fair bit done to my ra28's 18R-C:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=15892&rid=2577&S=1da0f317c9ba422fede70bc 489beb1c9&pl_view=&start=0#msg_129464

granted, if you have the funds, don't worry about the 18R-C and go staright for an 18R-G (EU if possible). but it don't mean you cant get a bit of go out of the old 18R-C Wink

i had extractors, 2 1/4" exhaust, ported head, 44mm inlet valves (were 42mm), and twin delortto dlha carbies. went like stink for an agricultual "boat anchor".

a cheap upgrade from the std 18R-C is to replace the OEM carbie with a weber dgv carbie (need an adapter plate which is about $40) <plug>i have this plate and carby you can buy if you want lol, and the ra28 is for sale</plug>

cheers

ps. aftermarket front & rear swaybars will get rid of almost all your bodyroll Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jz ma61 weird ticking noise
Next Topic:Ae94 Corolla What Can i Do?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:49:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0031189918518066 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.