Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 00:01 Go to next message
was anyone at narellan town centre on maonday aftrenoon between 330pm and 4pm. some rather pleasant person decided to reverse into the side of my car and drive off without leaving a note. I wouldnt mind as its just my daily driver hatchback but i was planning on selling it to get some cash to do some more work to the ke20. Betcha it was a soccer mum in a 4wd. Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
happens to everyone man...

I've had people opening their doors on me a few times, so far.

and my soarer is my daily driver...

Sad

luckily most of the marks are on the strip on the door so can just be cleaned off, but some are on the actual door Mad

methinks i'll get a daily basher for the train station commute after i decide to get my car resprayed...

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 01:14]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have never been hit in a car park! but then again i usualy park in the spot that looks the safest!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 11:45

i have never been hit in a car park! but then again i usualy park in the spot that looks the safest!

man i mean cars parked next to me, and idiots that dont care open their door and CLANG, into your car.

you can't exactly be "safe" from that, if the person you parked next to is a tool
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
countless times has the rubber seal on my door saved me from damaging my car.. ie opening door into poles and things like that

greatest invention ever that piece of rubber is
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so YOU are the sort of person that does that, are you?

BAH

why cant you just be more mindful of the size of your doors? Rolling Eyes
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been sitting in my car in a car park (where the cars park by facing each other) and have someone drive into me - I think they call it 'touch' parking.

I guess it happens when people are not spacially aware.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well people need to get spacially aware of the gap between their ears because of their lack of gray matter, and figure out that if you can't fucking park you shouldn't be driving Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so far i haven't copped any damage not that i'd care but my brothers car has copped trolleys, etc doors and cars scraping it, it has so many scrathces down the side of where ppl have hit it at the mall and left there colouring behind.
His boss at work came out to find an echo sitting on top of his MA61 cos the dickhead forgot to put on the handbrake and was on the next level of the terraced lot.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 04:58]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do what I do, double park, for the one out of every ten times you do it you get a $16 fine it will be worth it compared to the hundreds of dollars of damage people can do just from opening thier door..

god knows im gonna double park the celsior EVERYWHERE
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But then if you double park, you get some dickhead kicking your door instead of opening their door into it because they are disgruntled.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i double parked once accidently and got a big angry letter left on windscreen and nice scratches down side of car Rolling Eyes
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was about 5 mins from doing that to some stupid douchebag who double parked in such a way that I couldn't get my car out. 2 more minues and my trolley was "accidentally" going to crash into rear lights/bumper.
Would have put a tow bar hole in her door, but her car was a shitter anyway.

I always park next to the freshly washed/immaculately kept/stupidly expensive cars if possible, minimise chance of retardation causing damage to your car.

Asshats

(my 3 favourite words today are asshat, douchebag, and retarded)
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my simple solution is one that works for me quite often....

park your car in a spot that is next to a pylon. park the passenger side of your car right up next to it for example so it leaves heaps of room on the drivers side of your car, usually enough space is gained that unless the persons tyres are in your spot they can swing there door completely open missing your car altogether.

The beauty of it is that the pylon acts as a spacer, so on the passenger side there is atleast a human sized space between you and the car on the other side of the pylon, and cause most people are fuckwits and have no spacial awareness they prefer not to pakr in pylon spots or park as far away from it as possible that you can swing a cat on both sides of your car and not hit anything....

my 0.02 Very Happy
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am with SILVERGHOST

everytime i park my car i ll park next to , and about a foot away from it at max !! so as no donkey next to me can easily hit me !!!!

and as for sloped carparks what a joke !!! everychance of the 5 year old gettin outta the back of mum's 4'by and smacking into the doors.
dont get me started on the amound on pea sized door dents on my st162 !!!!

nick.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a disabled parking permit. Have you guys seen how wide those car spaces are. People would have to park on the line, have 2m long doors and open them fully just to come close to touching my car. Very Happy

When I park my Mini in one of those spaces it just looks ridiculously small. Gives me a warm sense of piece mind as I walk away knowing that it can't be hit. Smile
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do both what drven and silver gost do i look for a pylon and park there if not then i will find the dearest cars that are near eachother they have to be clean and well looked after and then park. from this i have never had any problems. but then again i dont park the mr2 that much.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: i hate carparks Wed, 10 August 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm the same as SIMDOG.
I have a "cripple sticker" and I get to park in those big arse spaces. I get dirty looks from folks when I pull into the space in the Celica or the Mustang. I'm sure they're thinking I'm parking there illegally, but I aint. Very Happy

Cheers, Greg.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: i hate carparks Thu, 11 August 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am one of the guys who looks for the most expensive and well looked after cars n can and park nexty to em. and i always take not not to park to a car that has kiddy shit in it.
i will also look for a pole or the 'end' spot.

as i go to uni i gotta park all the time, so i jus make it that my car is as far away from the drivers door of another car and not to close to the other cars pasanger so that if it is jus one person getting into the car next to me there is room for error and not hit my car.

a magic trick that sumone pulled on me was, drive in wif a good bumper, drive out wif a rooted bumper.

Mad bastard!
-------
jason
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: i hate carparks Thu, 11 August 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farkurnell wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 09:50

I'm the same as SIMDOG.
I have a "cripple sticker" and I get to park in those big arse spaces. I get dirty looks from folks when I pull into the space in the Celica or the Mustang. I'm sure they're thinking I'm parking there illegally, but I aint. Very Happy

Cheers, Greg.

Weren't you sent the memo?

Disabled people aren't allowed to have nice cars. Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i hate carparks Thu, 11 August 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a very clean MX73 cressida with black under tone and black bonnet that parks in the diabled section of my local mall.
paulw85
Regular

February 2005
Re: i hate carparks Sun, 14 August 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kdogg wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 10:01

was anyone at narellan town centre on maonday aftrenoon between 330pm and 4pm. some rather pleasant person decided to reverse into the side of my car and drive off without leaving a note. I wouldnt mind as its just my daily driver hatchback but i was planning on selling it to get some cash to do some more work to the ke20. Betcha it was a soccer mum in a 4wd. Mad

ive seen a few acidents at the centre
heres one i actually got a photo of, truck turning too sharply - look at the fuel tank just before the tire

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image410u k.jpg

ive alsoe seen 2 people reverse into each other there

gets busy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i hate carparks Sun, 14 August 2005 06:37 Go to previous message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 10:15

Farkurnell wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 09:50

I'm the same as SIMDOG.

Cheers, Greg.

Weren't you sent the memo?

Disabled people aren't allowed to have nice cars. Razz
Infact, disabled people have to drive brand new corollas.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone in brissy have a oil pressure guage
Next Topic:The 7M is alive
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:52:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060570240020752 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.