Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
3tgte to 3sgte injector Tue, 09 August 2005 09:50 Go to next message
ok i realise this upgrade wouldve been covered, ive heard it mentioned a few times, i searched under a few things and couldnt find anything, please direct me to a thread if it covers it comprehensively.

what i need to know is: i want to upgrade my injectors at some stage on my 3tgte to help with a bigger turbo and aftermarket ecu. i need to know

are 3tgte injectors an adequate/optimum upgrade?

are they the easiest option?

and what would i need to do in order to fit these injectors, is this a garage job? or one for the pro's and therefore one for my wallet Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tgte to 3sgte injector Wed, 10 August 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mazda 13B RX7 550cc injectors are the go Smile they fit straight in.

3sgte injectors (in gen 3 anyway) are side fed so no good for a 3tgte.
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 3tgte to 3sgte injector Wed, 10 August 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7MGTE 450cc injectors are good too.
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 3tgte to 3sgte injector Wed, 10 August 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh awesome awesome thanks for the replies, thats very helpful, ill forget the 3tgte injectors then.
so the rx7 ones...they fit STRAIGHT in? any modifying necessary at all? they go straight in? haha that sounds like my kinda upgrade if so....what generation rx7 can i use?

also, 7mgte injectors, same as above...any modifying necessary at all? or are they a straight fit too?

what type of results have you guys had with these injectors, thanks for the info boys. its appreciated.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tgte to 3sgte injector Wed, 10 August 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Series 4 or 5 RX7 are the ones to go for.. They usually sell for $200 - $300 for a set of 4.

They do bolt straight in.. But depending on the series you get you may need to change the plugs for them.

Are you running aftermarket ecu? As they are quite a bit larger and I dont know how the factory ecu would go controlling them.

I've ran 22psi boost and that was around 85% duty cycle, so they defiantely supply enough fuel.
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 3tgte to 3sgte injector Wed, 10 August 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesus 22 boost is wicked, is that with stock internals? yeah i will have a microtech ltx8 in if i can ever afford to get it wired.
do you know if the 7mgte bolt straight in? are these not as superior to the frx7 injectors on a 3tgte? are the 7m ones bolt in? just that i may have a set easily accessible....
if i went the rx7 ones, is there any way in determining which sets would require a plug change and which wouldnt

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 05:27]

bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 3tgte to 3sgte injector Wed, 10 August 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not had any personal experience but the principle should be the same as with any injector upgrade. Worth doing if the other parts of the boost and internal strength equation are right. I believe the 7MGTE squirters are a fit. They are the right impedance too, which is a plus. At 450cc they are less than the red denso rx ones but still lots more than the stockies (295cc?).

22psi! Bet she's fun to drive in traffic like that Evil or Very Mad .

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 09:45]

ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3tgte to 3sgte injector Wed, 10 August 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can u use the 13B turbo injectors and plug into factory loom? and still work
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 3tgte to 3sgte injector Wed, 10 August 2005 23:11 Go to previous message
yes you can plug almost any injector in to the factory loom howver as stated the plugs may need to be changed or modified (not a big deal) and then plug in however not every injevtor will directly fit into the fuel rail that needs to be considers. And another example lets take the 3tgte example with the rx7 550cc inj if you replace them with the factory ecu yes they will work still but if the std 3tgte injectors were pushed to say 70% duty cycle then the rx7 ones will be pushed to the same amount so in other word shitload of fuel is going to be pushed through and if you do still have std boost etc dont expect the car to run well if at all.

which brings me to my next question TurboRA28 didnt you have to use a fuel reg. and a larger fuel rail surly the rail wont supply the amount of fuel you need?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!!
Next Topic:AE93 pod filter conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:56:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052998065948486 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.