Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks nice and all but one thing i dont like in it is the front guards see how much of room they have even with those big wheels makes it look not right for some reason , but thats just me though i hate big wheel arches its a pita to fill even with big arse rims , cause they make the rims look small Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better offset wheels can rectify that situation, I have 17x8 with a +30 on the front of my soarer and they fill the guards perfectly without spacers
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat car is that white 1? looks like ther rear end of a saorer but front end of supra or somethin
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a soarer aerocabin with a xA70 (mark 3 supra) front nose and bonnet and headlights etc...

so basically, like a sil-eighty, or onevia, except a supra-soarer
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sup-soar Razz
shanedawgg
Regular

October 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i ever smash the front of mine (knock on wood) il turn it into a sup-soar hehehe Evil or Very Mad

The only hard part is modifying the 1/4 panels apparently, the rest is bolt on.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 02:40]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if I get the panels with the JZA70 halfcut (doubtful, as you have to pay more for them, dont you?) then I'll consider it

shanedawgg
Regular

October 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You mean you will consider giving them to me Razz

Dont have to pay extra for panels at most places, but it comes down to luck as to wether the panels are in useable condition.

But even if you dont get the panels u get other important things like lights an light surrounds an stuff like that....so its still good
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some people have suggested the slightly sleeker rounder shape of the supra nose on a soarer looks out of place, but I quite like the look of it. I think it looks pretty damn cool.

Same with the soapra, and if you have been unlucky enough not to see a soapra, here's what they look like -

http://joser.1jzgte.com/sigs/geomarsig.JPG
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soapra is hot thats for sure!

Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,

I recently added a high flowed CT26 to my 7M and ever since doing so i've been hearing the fluttering sound when backing off... the car never used to do this with the standard CT26. I expected my BOV was bung so i purchased a new one yesterday and its made no difference at all. The car feels laggier than before, as if the boost is escaping somewhere (either than or the larger turbo is creating this sensation)

Any ideas as to why my car would be doing this?

Dan
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WELL OBVIOUSLY IT WILL BE LAGGIER AS ITS BEEN HIFLOWED th turbine and compressor wheels might have been enlarged which explains why u have lag and for the flutter noise that will happen either way as urs Is a karman vortex afm so air will go back past the afm easily which will inturn give u the noise which is occurring from compressor surge
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF? I have enough mechanical knowledge to know that that isn't true

The lag comments make sense, and i totally understand that

BUT

the fluttering noise is called compressor surge, it is caused by a lack of venting when the accelerator is depressed. Air tries to travel back into the intake but is blocked, and heads in the opposite direction, then hits the instake wheel causing the noise as the turbo's spin is interrupted

What do you mean "it will happen either way" ??

Upgrading from a CT26 to a high flowed version shouldn't suddenly cause compressor surge when running exactly the same boost as far as i know... hence my legitimate question
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not saying that u lack any mechanical knowledge at all and that u don’t know shite but DO U KNOW THE PURPOSE OF AN AIRBOX
If u didn’t it was designed for quietening the air intake system the minute its taken off or modified induction noise will begin to make its presence felt / same story with comp surge , the air actually travels back out the pod filter which is why the noise is heard I have witnessed this in person even with a stock recirculating bov the flutter noise is pretty on a soarer (ijzgte) and on the same car we fitted a venting bov and loosened it to max and still got the flutter albeit very faint now but the car wouldn’t idle as the bov was opening on idle --- which is my reason to comment on last time as to either way u will still get it as the bov cant vent most of the backpressure and some still travels back and out the pod

Same deal for a lot of other turbo cars , the only turbos that don’t make the flutter noise is small turbos with flap type afm

Again FYI I changed from a stock t2 turbo on my Nissan exa to a hiflowed t2 and got the flutter noise , even though I was running a flap type afm and running same boost

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 04:24]

Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone else substantiate this? it still doesn't make sense to me

I haven't changed any pod filters, the old turbo never made this noise... the new one does. ALL i have changed is the turbo.

Dan
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought an airbox's purpose was to isolate where the air the engine is sucking up comes from, and to house the air filter.

this way air is sucked in from somewhere (ie, front of the car, or through a small intake scoop) rather than sucking in hot engine bay air through the pod.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 14:33

i thought an airbox's purpose was to isolate where the air the engine is sucking up comes from, and to house the air filter.

this way air is sucked in from somewhere (ie, front of the car, or through a small intake scoop) rather than sucking in hot engine bay air through the pod.

So did i!

for the record 7M's have a Karmann Vortex style AFM, not a flap - either way it should have nothing to do with my car fluttering or not.

If my wastegate actuator on the new turbo is stuffed, could this cause it?

Dan
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are u running a pod filter at all , if u are then to get rid of the noise put ur stock air filter back on and it should quieten the noise a fair bit its only the bigger turbo that’s making the noise , one or both the wheels have been changed to larger ones plus the core has been machined out that’s a good enuf reason to hear the noise as there plenty more room for air to travel and since the blades are bigger the louder the noise when the air rushes back into it cause of the greater surface area on the blades
Hope it makes sense anyway peple are dying to get that noise including me , wonder why u try to get rid of it lollllllll
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something tells me he's not trying to get rid of it or keep it, just discover the cause of it, and discover the cause of the car feeling laggier.

Perhaps once high flowed, the turbo running the same amount of boost is out of its efficiency range, and needs to be increased?

Confirm that before you do it, but I'm pretty sure if it's been high flowed then its efficiency range will have changed
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 14:00

WELL OBVIOUSLY IT WILL BE LAGGIER AS ITS BEEN HIFLOWED th turbine and compressor wheels might have been enlarged which explains why u have lag and for the flutter noise that will happen either way as urs Is a karman vortex afm so air will go back past the afm easily which will inturn give u the noise which is occurring from compressor surge

if u read the above post properly you would know that i alredy knew the 7m had the karman vortex afm
the flap type afm wont give much flutter at all due to the flap restrictin the air flow out the pod filter but as soon as abigger turbo is added to a flap afm the flutter noise will get louder thats my input from experience

merudo u are right there but it also serves as a noise reduction/ellimination device which explains why most of them are shaped funny and not all of ema are just a small box with a filter in it , the odd shapes are baffles which enable the air to flow more smoother thus creating less noise
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually the air flowing smoother idea is probably because it would (speculation mode from here on) would eliminate swirling air in front of the filter meaning the engine could more efficiently suck in the air it requires, without creating turbulence in the airbox

obviously the amount of air the engine needs and the design of the car would influence the shape of the airbox

(end speculation mode)
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 14:56

indian wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 14:00

if u read the above post properly you would know that i alredy knew the 7m had the karman vortex afm
the flap type afm wont give much flutter at all due to the flap restrictin the air flow out the pod filter but as soon as abigger turbo is added to a flap afm the flutter noise will get louder thats my input from experience

merudo u are right there but it also serves as a noise reduction/ellimination device which explains why most of them are shaped funny and not all of ema are just a small box with a filter in it , the odd shapes are baffles which enable the air to flow more smoother thus creating less noise

okay, i officially give up... you're driving me up the wall
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also yeah if ur waste gate actuator is stuffed as in stuck open the turbo will be laggy as the exhaust gasses will be bypassing the turbo exhaust blades hence not much boost
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 15:00

Also yeah if ur waste gate actuator is stuffed as in stuck open the turbo will be laggy as the exhaust gasses will be bypassing the turbo exhaust blades hence not much boost

Hooray! would this also cause compressor surge?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing @ indian's obsession with compressor surge Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could very well be the reason cause the turbo blades are still spinning (even while the car is idling remember ) which would probably be enuf to cause the flutter noise
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 15:04

didnt you know, tha flutta is the bread and butter
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on guys either that or i drive a nissan now yall decide Laughing Laughing Laughing
for some reason i like that noise even though i know its no good for the turbo dunno why Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
baaahahahahaha
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 15:04

didnt you know, the flutter is tha bread and butter Wink

if the wastegate was stuck open a bit, then not only would it be laggier, but wouldnt you also have to compensate with your boost controller to get the same amount of boost? (ie, set it to MORE boost to achieve the same numbers)
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 14:44

come on guys either that or i drive a nissan now yall decide Laughing Laughing Laughing
for some reason i like that noise even though i know its no good for the turbo dunno why Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
baaahahahahaha

mate if flutter is your main concern then maybe you should be driving a nissan...

I put it to you that youre fitting the T28 roller to get the flutter, the extra power and response will just be a bonus Razz
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 14:50

*snip*...if it's been high flowed then its efficiency range will have changed

That sounds like a reasonable and logical suggestion James! Unlike some of the other rubbish I have just wasted my time on.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danners wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 13:51

Hey Guys,

I recently added a high flowed CT26 to my 7M and ever since doing so i've been hearing the fluttering sound when backing off... the car never used to do this with the standard CT26. I expected my BOV was bung so i purchased a new one yesterday and its made no difference at all. The car feels laggier than before, as if the boost is escaping somewhere (either than or the larger turbo is creating this sensation)

Any ideas as to why my car would be doing this?

Dan

the compressor surge would have been there before but most likley not as noticable. having a bigger front wheel will amplify how loud it is.

ie when i had factory twins on the cressida, if i backed of slow i could get it to make compressor surge noise, very faintly. now with the large compressor the surge noise is violently loud.

as for the lag, the rear wheel and housing mods completed with the highflow would be causing some lag, i wouldnt have thought it would be that great, but i have seen high flows go bad. GCG did high flowed a mates rb20 turbo 4 times and all it did was compressor surge, in the end he got sick of them trying to fix it and got a gt30. they said that had not had this happen with any of the others they had performed.

hope that info helps dan

shane.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 15:26

indian wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 14:44

baaahahahahaha

mate if flutter is your main concern then maybe you should be driving a nissan...

I put it to you that youre fitting the T28 roller to get the flutter, the extra power and response will just be a bonus Razz

YEAH JUST REPLACING THE TWINS although mine isnt a roller bearing its just a t28 im hoping it will be ok on the car as its off a ra28 or whatever its called so might have trouble in the engine bay
and yeah might be better of than the twins in terms of power and response im hoping as the guy im getting it off says they spool faster tha the twins , will let all know when im done
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there

On the cnetral coast

I have a 1993 JZZ30 soarer,

Pearl wide, BN rear pods and side skirts, BX style front bar
100x400x600 FMIC
Apexi A-VCR boost controller
440cc injectors
upgrading to twin ct12a steel wheels,
Marlew Manufacturing 3inch dump into twin 2.5" exhaust

then all the other wank options such as big stereo PS2 and broadcast receptive 6inch screen, etc etc.

Getting rims soon i hope got some shitty old 17's at the moment.

CHeers Sam
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
93soarerTT wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 16:28

Hey there

On the cnetral coast

100x400x600 FMIC
440cc injectors

then all the other wank options such as big stereo PS2 and broadcast receptive 6inch screen, etc etc.

CHeers Sam

Hey Sam,

You'll have to come out cruising with us of a Thursday night!

Check out http://www.centralcoastmodifiedcars.com/forums/ for info
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey there

On the cnetral coast

100x400x600 FMIC
440cc injectors

CHeers Sam

have you been around umina before? I've seen a White JZZ30 around there a few times.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 00:26

pfft you comp2 plebs Razz

zero2 is where the shits at Wink

and glenn, my car aint a 1/4 mile car, but my new turbo is big enough to make sure there is plenty of 7M ass whuppage over that little strip, even if I do get wheelspin the whole way down the track...

mine are the zero 2 coilovers Wink

and i think you may be underestimating the 7m's torque capability when it comes to the 400m burnout Laughing (assuming teh p00 motor can stay together)

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey there

On the cnetral coast

100x400x600 FMIC
440cc injectors

CHeers Sam

Were you out and about last Thurdsday? James and I saw a white JZZ30 come round the round-a-bout @ Terrigal just off the bridge and lite up the rears Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 19:25

MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 00:26

pfft you comp2 plebs Razz

zero2 is where the shits at Wink

and glenn, my car aint a 1/4 mile car, but my new turbo is big enough to make sure there is plenty of 7M ass whuppage over that little strip, even if I do get wheelspin the whole way down the track...

mine are the zero 2 coilovers Wink

and i think you may be underestimating the 7m's torque capability when it comes to the 400m burnout Laughing (assuming teh p00 motor can stay together)

its on beatch!

then we head to oran too see who can link over the bridge Wink
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 22:58

its on beatch!

then we head to oran too see who can link over the bridge Wink

That would take too much skill, ill dial the zero 2's in at 5 and put some nice rubber on and keep it straight Smile ....or at least attempt it.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 13:04]

soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now now, children, don't make me have to come along and woop both yo ass's Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah you fools remeber I started drifting with an auto 1G Wink

i got the ghetto skills Laughing Laughing Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a 1G does that mean i'm as cool as you were mr 1jz? Wink

Laughing

it cant pull wikkid skidz but its got custom suspension with increased wallowing and bodyroll Laughing Laughing Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hektik bruv Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 23:42

hektik bruv Laughing

FULLY!
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay my cars at the mechanics for the second time this week Mad i think its dying or something when i drive it when its cold it just wont move it wont change gears itll just take forever to get to 60km/h then itll run badly anyone got any ideas?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no ideas from here, my car runs like new when itscold, however gets worse and worse when the car warms up

so i have the opposite problem

but I know the cause now... it aint kewl...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1UZ, 1JZ, 1GGTE

theres some ideas for you
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 10:15

whats the cause?
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fucking hell 3 posts that was quick

i cant see an engine conversion in the works all though id like too my dad and mechanic wont shut up about getting a new diff which i guess would help but id have a top speed of like 80km/h
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 10:45

1UZ, 1JZ, 1GGTE

theres some ideas for you

I'll take the second option thx Wink

oh wait, i already am going to Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 10:16

whats the cause?

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 10:46

whats the cause?

went to throw some more oil in there that i bought on my way home from work...

take the oil cap off

for the first time ever, its milky as all shit on the inside of the cap.

i nearly fucking kicked the shit out of the car right there and then.

i'm not losing coolant though.

I only blow a LITTLE blue smoke on startup (suspected stem seals)

no white smoke to be seen

the car doesn't want to rev much above 5k rpm

and when it does, according to my boost gauge its still producing full boost (0.62 bar, 9psi)

-HOWEVER-

the car feels like boost never comes on. (WHEN HOT)

it's quite odd. the car sort of for a split second constantly surges a little but it just wont rev, it just doesnt want to rev.

FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT MOTOR

It will probably be cheaper for me to buy a replacement 1G (gen2 just the motor nothing else) than to get a replacement HG and gasket kit, get the head attended to if there's any pitting or if its warped at all

ahhh who knows.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CAR FEELS PERFECT WHEN COLD

this only occurs when hot.

and you've all heard me mention how three sets of leads all have the distributor --> ignitor coil lead arcing out, and i dont know why

brand

new

leads

and that one always arcs out

what the fuck would be causing that....

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 01:05]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time to step up teh 1JZ plans
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 11:03

yeah

but thats a lot of money i was hoping the 1G would hold together until i had a bit of cash saved up

this is all right at the time where rego comes up (mid september) so that means CTP insurance as well

if a gasket kit is fairly inexpensive for the 1G i will do it myself or attempt to at least
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 11:07

MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 11:03

yeah

but thats a lot of money i was hoping the 1G would hold together until i had a bit of cash saved up

this is all right at the time where rego comes up (mid september) so that means CTP insurance as well

if a gasket kit is fairly inexpensive for the 1G i will do it myself or attempt to at least

U WILL FIND THAT after this long driving the car with a blown hg that the head is probably corroded , check in ur coolant reservoir at the bottom to see if there’s any powdery red brick colored residue if so then high possibility that the head is corroded and will need to be replaced
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put a bottle of "seal-up" in your radiator

works a treat

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt,

is that just radiator stop-leak?

or what is it called?

its not that chemweld stuff is it?

I'll buy it tonight if I know precisely what I have to get

Steve,

There's nothing in my overflow bottle other than some brown muddy stuff that rvrolla said smelt a bit like oil. I smelt it myself and felt it between my fingers and indeed it does feel a little greasy.

edit: christ, i havent been driving it around that much with it like this, it's only a recent development that the cap is milky, and that it doesnt wanna rev as freely as before.

Last night was when it was extremely noticeable.

I still have NFI why its only happening when the car's hot.

Also my leads are still arcing out (ABOUT THE MILLIONTH TIME IVE MENTIONED THIS) so that probably isnt helping as far as power goes either... not to mention the misfire

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 03:21]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no its called sealup and its like chemiweld but works much much muuuuuch better, instead of blocking up EVERYTHING, inlcuding water jackets like chemiweld does, it gets in where the gasket is cracked or head is coroded and fills those holes,

its baout $20 a bottle and works an absolutle treat...my mate uses it on his MX83

one treatment lasts about 3 months

should give you plenty of tiem to save for a new motor i.e. 1JZ Smile
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Yeah boys that would have been me in the JZZ30 at tezza, not going down tonight though cause im due on rego, i may be down there in my mates black 85 supra targa roof though, what sorta rides you boys be in.

Dont take this the worng way but ive been asked to join central coast modified cars about 3 times now, i'd join and i reckon what you guys are doing is pretty cool, but i see so many cars getting around with your stickers on them that dont seem to have a whole crap load modified about them.

keep an i out for me next week JZZ-30T
Pages (51): [ «  <  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:43:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012052059173584 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.