Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 08 August 2005 03:07 Go to next message
Who's going? i'm going to enter this time, get out there in my open diff handicapped car and see what i can do.

will put up some pics of the latest round of mods i have done.

lets get a few more sprinters out there, last time was a fair turnout, hopefully it will rain again.

Henn, is your car running yet? i might have to weld up a spare S series specially.
  Send a private message to this user    
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 08 August 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be entering for fun.
With -4% skill and power Embarassed
Any track time is good track time. Smile
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 08 August 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone wanna fix my car before the 17th?

$300 to anyone who takes the offer Very Happy

things to do:
swaybar
thermo fan
clutch fork
vacuum lines
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 08 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its raining im there in stock 4ac power

Jez
XPLOSV
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 08 August 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I should be there spectating. Gives me a chance to blow the dust off my camera Laughing
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 08 August 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be out. Always happy to weld diffs, drop me a PM about details.

Hen
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Wed, 10 August 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet might come for a look see Smile
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 11 August 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Take ur car on the track mark u bum
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 11 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much does it cost to enter??

also, is it possible to drift with stock suspension with lowered springs on an ae86?? has LSD though.

a fren of mine might be interested
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 11 August 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$80 to drive, $10 to watch.

Yes you can drift anything. 4AC without super stiff susp may be tricky, but its a good way to learn. If he is having trouble I'd be happy to give him a demonstration.

Hen
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 11 August 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 13:18

$80 to drive, $10 to watch.

Yes you can drift anything. 4AC without super stiff susp may be tricky, but its a good way to learn. If he is having trouble I'd be happy to give him a demonstration.

Hen

u can demo to me then i demo to him Razz Razz

what else is needed on the car?? does it have to be cams spec like fire extinguisher, helmet etc??
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 12 August 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldn't bother turning up with an open diff because u will be wasting your time.
i went in my stock stripped out ra65 and its impossible to get the arse out and hold it out.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 12 August 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd bother turning up with a open diff.....
Wouldn't bother if it was a ra65 though Razz

Any AE86 can slide.... dont believe me, let me drive. Very Happy
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Sat, 13 August 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 12:44

i wouldn't bother turning up with an open diff because u will be wasting your time.
i went in my stock stripped out ra65 and its impossible to get the arse out and hold it out.

i have to disagree... ive been out in my open spinner and it was still a good learning curve for me and my car.....

u might not be drifting the best u could but u will still learn
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Sun, 14 August 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the way lukey boy....

Having a open wheeler didn't affect my ability to do a stand still..... hahhaa, rememeber that shit luke! Laughing

Nor does it affect the operation of the handbrake Wink

So y0u coming? Smile
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Sun, 14 August 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LowRollaBoy wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 11:15

Take ur car on the track mark u bum

Jonty! atm its only a gutless POS 4AC lol! maybe in afew months when the rest of the package is complete.

I did however install all my suspension this weekend so it is super low and stiff now Very Happy

I'll be there for a look see anyways Smile Only started having drift days at calder when i was o/s now im back i def want to frequent them more (never been) and esp take part when my car is up and running with new engine.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 15 August 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AAhhhhh... take ur car on the track u bum Surprised

4ac power is great. Especially if it rains (which it looks like it will). Trust me, its more then enough power (maybe even TO MUCH POWER Laughing ) when the track is wet at calder.

You wont be the only bum there Very Happy
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 15 August 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When do gates open and driving start? and it closes when?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 15 August 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Don should be there to show us what a great handling car the XF can be. I'll say no more.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 15 August 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont get me wrong when i say its not worth bringing an open diff car there.

If you want to have a good learning experience go for it, thats what i was expecting and i was happy with it.
But if your actualy trying to drift and learn something about consistant controlable power oversteer its rather pointless (unless it rains Very Happy)
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 15 August 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True..... But just come out for fun anyway! Very Happy
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 15 August 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 23:57

Big Don should be there to show us what a great handling car the XF can be. I'll say no more.

AWESOME lol that will be worth entry fee alone to see that! Very Happy
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Mon, 15 August 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOPDIS wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 22:54

When do gates open and driving start? and it closes when?

I believe gates open around 5pm but cars dont get on track till about 6pm and the track close around 10pm (and dont get to leave till around 10:30pm, when i finnally getting my car back on the tralier. Confused )
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet thanks Ronald look forward to it Smile seeyas there
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is ppls experience with scrutineering? Do they look very hard at your car? I've seen a few ghetto rides make it on the track (and probably shouldn't have).

I'll be the stupidly low light green ae86 - say hi!

Cheers

Clayton
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just take a bunch of cable ties with ya, make sure you have your battery secure and block the overflow pipe of you radiator the bit that goes out into the air, a cable tie will do, but yeah remember LOTS of cable ties lol
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what exactly do we need for scruteneering?? can we have the whole list?
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
block the overflow line? thats a bit severe, might need another coke bottle clayton, but you cant have my oil catchbottle.

should have a few hundred zipties left.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scrotumeering usually consists of checking:
- Nothing loose in the car
- Brake lights work
- Seatbelt is secure
- Battery secure
- Nothing in the engine bay looks like it's about to leak crap everywhere (sometimes insist on a sock over powersteering resevoir)
- Occasionally valve caps on tyres

Basically it really isn't too bad, unless your car is uber-dodgy you're fine.

Hen
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFTAE86 wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 10:56

Thats the way lukey boy....

Having a open wheeler didn't affect my ability to do a stand still..... hahhaa, rememeber that shit luke! Laughing

Nor does it affect the operation of the handbrake Wink

So y0u coming? Smile

haha yea that was the best, i wont be out on the track this month, but will be on the 17th of oct Very Happy just gotta source this new diff or a center i can lock and chuck in
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i be coming up to spectate, prob not in my car but,

KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 13:13

block the overflow line? thats a bit severe, might need another coke bottle clayton, but you cant have my oil catchbottle.

should have a few hundred zipties left.

Well yes if you have a coke bottle or bottle for the overflow line to overflow into! lol i didnt last time so i had to just block it, they just dont want any fluid on the track.

Yeah empty the car of everything too or put it in your boot.

Im speaking from experience on the calder 1/4mile not drift, but i imagine it is much of the same common sense rules. as someone listed above Very Happy
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you will spill a lot more fluid onto the track if you blow the top off your overflow bottle/radiator, but you gota do what you gotta do i guess.

what time did you get when you quartered your sprinter? i want to see if i can better your time with your old engine in my sprinter, every time i add a sensor (running smallport ECU) it seems to pick up a nice amount of power.

as for uber dodgy, they keep letting that turbo T-18 in, so i think everyone should be fine, even henn! Laughing
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh that 3T T18 is still getting around! wow! mine bit the dust 2 years ago now RIP Sad

Oh yeah forgot you had my old engine Smile well that has been through 3 hands your the 4th!

I ran a 15.71 but my 60ft times where appauling! i had really hard old tyres on the back and had to ride the clutch off the line in order not to light them up! im sure you can improve Evil or Very Mad no mods apart from Tseries 3.9 and pod filter, and the full exhaust which wasnt great lol
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Il be there too with my fullysickasprinteraleh.

Will be parked at the Tyre shop/scrotumeering centre and will be doing the tyres all night. Come say "hi may name is..... and i am a dickhead" Although some of you that I know wont need to tell me your a dick head, it should be plain to see Wink

See y'al out there.

Jeremy
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi girls, I will be there later on in the night.

the way people are talking there should be a few Ae86's drifting tomorrow night! could be a good night!

jezza give me a call on my work mobile, as i dont have your number in my phone book.

Chad
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So where are we going for beers afterwards??

Hen
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hi hennnnn,

the pub around the corner from mine! you know! Very Happy
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toffee Grudge, I shotgun floor space.

Turn up to work on Thurs drifted out, hung over, tired and with a car full of (most likely wet) drift shit.

I'm in.
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, yeah i be arriving in class (haha), well a turbo cordia, i come say hi to u at the tyre place jeremy, i think if toyoda nots gonig only people i will recognise is henn (dyno day), i prob be at nigels camp (black 180 with 18's, v-mount set up and no front bar) who just won the power cruise interstate,
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is looking good. Smile
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, well my only concern is my clutch hose running (but protected with aluminium tape) rather close (ehem) to my exhaust pipe... hey, if anyone has a 12mm alan key wheel nut key thing - i lost mine and my $50 drift tyres are on wheels i only have alan key nuts for... so bring that along... and if you see a light green sprinter with 13s on the back... bring me your alan key thing and I will buy you some beer!!

Hope to see lots of you there.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Tue, 16 August 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clayton, you sure it is 12mm? might be able to borrow one from work or make one out of a 12mm bolt. i'll give ya a call anyway.

i think that T18 is powered by a turbo 18RG with a misufiring system, at the last meet it spun ut and stalled, then when it re-started shot 4 perfect smoke rings out the exhaust, looked cool.

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Wed, 17 August 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 09:55

i think that T18 is powered by a turbo 18RG with a misufiring system

Correct. The misfiring system is called "blow through carbies"

Hen
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Wed, 17 August 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam, would like to show up and have a look but work sucks Confused
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Wed, 17 August 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drift was entertaining (for me), I don't think i've spun out so many times in one night!

Pics later
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what colour was yours? i was there, never been to see "legal" drift before, pretty cool waaaay more entertaining than watching fords and holdens battle it out ont 1/4 mile.

Saw the "Tiger Hachi!" lol not bad drift at all! fark is it loud! The bronz sprinter with S13 wheels on the back was doing nicely i thought on the bigger track sounded sweet too Very Happy Now i really wanna get my 4AGE in and hit the track bad!
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AHHHHHH.... The wall!

Bbhahahaa.... that was fuked, dunno if any of you guys saw me on the big track, first 2 corners were alright but everytime i tried to enter the last big corner, i got really bad understeer~!
So after trying several methods to overcome this, i tried to feint drift into it..... eventually understeering into the wall. Just broke my head light and bent my bumper surpport nicely.

Decided i should pracice a little more on the beginners track with the other 86's. Was good fun, I did much better there.
Devolutio's Trueno Sedan is nice but i didn't get to meet the other 2 guys in the stock looking 86's. But the 1 with the s13 wheels was going good. And the other guy (asian guy) looked like he was having fun.

Good to see other 86's out there!

Was a great night! Very Happy

Hope to see more next month.
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah is that why you were on the beginners track, yeah you held it nicely along that big corner, we got there at 7.30pm or so didnt see you on the big track.

Im definitely up for some practice on the small track next month so are my other 2 friends that have 86s too Very Happy great to see so many out there! but after all it is what they are reknown for!

Oh BIG DON! wicked stuff VERY entertaining! loved the tyre popping too lol keep it up you were doing a mad job
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, oct 12th ! ! thets get as many hachis out there as we can Very Happy

shiri how is your car coming ? will u be out there?

i know most u others should be Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 02:58]

KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH next one is Oct? is it every 2 months? i will be getting my enigne installed in 1month so thats sounds perfect Very Happy
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think there is one in sept 2... not sure tho
ill be out oct.. but i MIGHT be out sept, we shall see
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i'll go for another look in early sept otherwise october i'll hit the track fo sure.

I've been on track afew times in my old 4AGE AE86 and 4AGE T18 (circuit work) @ sandown, winton, & also 1/4's at calder, but cant wait to do a purely drift drive Very Happy

**Just found the actual dates from fullock

Twilight Drift Practice dates.

When (monthly)
Wednesday 13/7/2005
Wednesday 17/8/2005
Wednesday 28/9/2005
Wednesday 12/10/2005
Wednesday 23/11/2005

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 06:58]

devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFTAE86 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 11:34

Devolutio's Trueno Sedan is nice but i didn't get to meet the other 2 guys in the stock looking 86's.

I wasn't the sedan, I was one of the other two guys...

this was my car
http://web.aanet.com.au/devolutio/scraaaape.jpg

during first corner, i snapped my indicator stalk off and it flew out the window onto track... anyone got spares?

that guy in the stock sprinter was mad...
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hhahaa...my bad.... i cant remember the name of the guy i meet with the white trueno sedan. Embarassed

"i snapped my indicator stalk off and it flew out the window onto track"

BBAHAHAHAHAHAHA! thats funny as! I could just imagen it happening and ur reaction to seeing it fly out the window! hahahaa.

Are you the asian guy? or the other guy?
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
other guy... black helmet, longish girly hair Razz
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah ok.... You were doing good when i could actually see the track while lining up. Smile
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyoda wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 12:53

shiri how is your car coming ? will u be out there?

not looking too good luke... i keep saying i'll be there, but things DON'T work out how they should... it's such a bitch that my car is so close to being finished but i just can't fucking finish it

piece of shit car... i should just throw it away

does anyone have adams number? (improvedae86) if so can they pm me? i really need to contact him

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 12:57]

Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i had a great night out there, I so can't wait for another 6 weeks to hit it again. next time though I wanna be there at 5pm to start, and hopefully Mr Shin can find me a little more of that elusive power 8<)

a lot of spinning out done last night, but also saw some nice drifts happening as well.

hope to see you all again soon 8<)

BD
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i'm aiming to enter next month, be it with a locked S series or a KAAZd T series. hopefully my king superhighs dont hold me back too much (or my low skill level)

will definately need a boss spacer, so i dont send my stalk out the window.

the gold sprinter was stock, did quite well!

and the tueno notchback had an interesting suspension setup, stock front, 8kgmm springs with tokicos on the back.

Big Don, nice work with the XF, i saw one guy go past and ask "is that the 4.2 litre" haha!
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rally of melbourne. this weekend!!!
Next Topic:Chasers Dyno Day - 28th August 05
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:15:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086300373077393 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.