Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just an extra note, has anyone on the cnetral coast had any experience with the throttle shop, formally paynters performance.

Tossing up between them and TM autosports for my turbo converison, both quotes where fairly priced, just need to know if anyone can speak from experience.

Cheers
Sam
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's cool... the club's more about people that share a common interest than anything, get together for cruises or social outings (which there is plenty of both!)

Obviously being a car club the cars play a part, but at the same time it's more about the people and yeah... sharing a common interest. Wink

mm... repeating myself. cool.

Matt,

I'll grab a bottle of that today.

Service stations sell it, or will I need to go into kmart or some auto place to purchase it?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
93soarerTT wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 13:37

Just an extra note, has anyone on the cnetral coast had any experience with the throttle shop, formally paynters performance.

Tossing up between them and TM autosports for my turbo converison, both quotes where fairly priced, just need to know if anyone can speak from experience.

Cheers
Sam

One of our members is a mechanic there at the throttle shop, he's got a blue pulsar plus converted with an SR20DE... 97kw atw if i recall correctly.

There's a guy in the club with a not-so-stock R31 GTS-R, numberplates SNOQPY (snoopy), he gets his car tuned and worked on by the throttle shop.

I'll PM you the forum address if you'd like to sign up and send him a message and ask him about his experiences there.

There's also a dyno day on i think the 27th of august at the throttle shop, if you'd like to turn up and say hi. Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
motor traders, repco, sprints, super cheap

kmart will not stock it
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.motorshop1.co.uk/k_seal.htm

Similar to this?

Quote:

K-Seal Cooling system repair

Permanently seal cracks and leaks in the engine block and radiator

Mixes with all types of antifreeze
This simple to use and permanent cooling system repair GUARANTEED to last for the life of your engine!

Mixes with all types of Antifreeze & Coolant

DON'T WASTE MONEY ON QUICK FIX 'GET YOU HOME' PRODUCTS.
K-SEAL REALLY IS PERMANENT FOR THE LIFE OF YOUR ENGINE.

Save Time & Money
Avoid time consuming and expensive mechanical repairs which could cost you hundreds of pounds.

Repairs any leak in the engine block or cooling system.

Just shake, pour in and go!

K-Seal is specially formulated to permanently seal cracks in the engine block and head. This unique product is guaranteed to mix with all types of glycol based coolant and antifreeze. K-Seal can also be used to seal holes and cracks in the head gasket, radiator, heater core, freeze plugs, water pump casing and other metal components of the cooling system in both petrol and diesel engines.

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no

its not a radiator sealant

its for your headgasket issues

its a small bottle (about 300ml) and it is copper coloured as it has copper in it, cant mistake it

dont buy or put anything else in

and make sure you follow the instructions
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 13:52

no

its a small bottle (about 300ml) and it is copper coloured as it has copper in it, cant mistake it

OK I'll look for that specific product.

more searching revealed this

http://www.kalimex.co.uk/apics/2.gif

Quote:

Seal-Up fixes leaks in:

Radiators
Engine Blocks
Cylinder Heads
Water Pumps

*shrug*

I'll just look for "Seal-Up" in a small copper bottle

i wont get anything else until i find that

hopefully it will make my car run better Wink

93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Merudo, i'd appreciate that.

Yeah Nathan from the throtle shop gave me a shit load of those dyno day flyers, my car is booked in to get the steel wheels fitted on the 22nd, so i'll come along to the dyno day and give it a good ol thrash.

As for CCMC am i right in thinking you boys get a discount at autopro, i think i recall one blonde curly haired guy saying something bout it.

Cheers
SAm
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah we do, we get a discount there, and at Gosford performance exhausts and intercooling (GPEAI)

and we have other sponsors to, i cannot remember who though

lol

The guy you spoke too was probably bundy...

Short guy, works there at autopro?

He drives that blue seca, numberplates MRSECA.

Rice on wheels, but it looks cool I guess.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 13:28

MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 13:52

no

OK I'll look for that specific product.

more searching revealed this

http://www.kalimex.co.uk/apics/2.gif

Quote:

Seal-Up fixes leaks in:

Radiators
Engine Blocks
Cylinder Heads
Water Pumps

*shrug*

I'll just look for "Seal-Up" in a small copper bottle

i wont get anything else until i find that

hopefully it will make my car run better Wink

thats the shit

works a treat Very Happy
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so will any of you be cruising down to terrigal tonight? if so what cars should i look out for?, i'll be in either a 85 black supra with 19's, a red 2000 200sx, or a white 180, i'll keep and eye out
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll probably be out in the Cressida.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I spoke to a mechanic and showed him the symptoms I was experiencing that led me to believe I may have a BHG, and he said that I should really not jump to the conclusion that that is where the problem lies!!

RAAAGH! *pulls hair out*

It was only that one time when I noticed the milky substance. I have not seen it since either.

he said the buildup in the catch bottle I should just flush the coolant system and see how quicky if at all it builds up again.

As far as the misfire goes he said I should get an autoelectrician to look over it and discover where the fault lies that is causing the arcing out on brand new leads... his first thought was (trying to remember what he said here so i could be incorrect) that if the distributor is faulty and the spark is not being sent out properly it could be building up (resistance) and because of that resistance the charge builds up in the lead from the distributor to the ignitor and has to find SOMEWHERE to go...

said i should check earths as well

(i thought of Cool1 straight away)

teh earth master!

If I want to run another earth off my engine just for peace of mind's sake, where should I run it from and what gauge wire etc should I use?

TIA,
James
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For once that sounds like a mechanic who may know what he's talking about.
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there mate, for extra earth's i just use 4 and 8g, i normally put a extra one from battery to body, and motor to body, and if really keen, battery to motor.

hope this helps, and if u need any help im travelling thru on saturday and sunday.

Eddie
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2005 01:43]

soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cheers
Sam

go with Brent at TM autosports for sure, he's a genius in his field, used to work for croyden autosports. He's worked on most of my mates cars and is coming to mine on saturday to wire up my microtech. Seems to know all the tricks to get the best out of your car.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 10:53

had bad experiences with mechanics before?

but yeah, he's made me a bit more optimistic. I want to hold off on using that HG leak repair stuff because I dont imagine its good for your engine in the long term.

Also, he offered all these opinions and looked at it no obligation, free of charge Very Happy

Didnt even suggest for me to take it in to his shop. He's part of our car club though so I guess he was just helping me out to be nice Smile

I feared the worst when I saw that milky cap, however...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 10:15

CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 10:53

had bad experiences with mechanics before?

A lot of mechanics just play the guessing game when it comes to jap motors.
Especially when the motor was never brought out in Australia.

Also a lot of them don't have a clue about anything electrical.

But he's right, its cross firing because of resistance.
Find out which 2 are crossfiring, then tape those 2, to another two.
Like if A and B and sparking (A-B), then tape them to C and D (A-C and B-D)
If A-C sparks, then A is the faulty one.
If B-D sparks, then B is the faulty one.

Then test that lead, that plug, and look CLOSELY at that point inside the dizzy cap.
It could just be a bit of corrosion somewhere.

Failing that some cheaper leads don't like to be touching.

When the car is running, lightly hold one of the leads (in the middle). If it gives you a shock (the tingle will take about 10mins to go away), then make sure the leads are not touching each other.
JCMF has 8.8mm leads on his, and you can hold all 6 at once, and not get shocked (you will get shocked at the dizzy end, coz there is no shield there. I know, I got shocked on a few occasions testing them)
My 1UZ leads are only 5mm, so there is very little shielding in them (TopGun). One time I installed the covers, and I squashed a couple of leads together. The thing crossfired its nuts off at 5k rpm and up.
Took the covers off, repositioned the leads, and it was fine.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so that would explain its reluctance to rev high then?

also, the only lead that is (visibly) arcing out is the one from the ignitor to the distributor.

and it's only in the middle of the lead, where it's touching something... at the moment, that is the intercooler piping. (i ran the lead over the TOP of the intercooler piping because before that it was arcing out onto the rocker cover and ALTERNATOR, I thought this was a better arrangement Wink

That lead is now a 0.8mm topgun, and I'm still seeing the same problem...

So yeah it must be a hell of a lot of resistance there then!

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get some plastic duct and put it over the coil/dizzy lead.

If that one arcs out then the spark drops on all cylinders.

And just for the hell of it, make sure the ignitor is getting a good earth.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plastic duct = loom wire cover?

A whole roll of electrical tape did not stop it from arcing out... so hopefully this will work. although if there is that much resistance then the charge will need to go somewhere, so thats only a temporary solution I guess....

I will use the wire suggested before and make sure everything has a good earth, especially the ignitor. Is there an optimum point I should attach the earth to? or just somewhere unpainted on the chassis?

someone mentioned the battery before, that would be the negative terminal, correct?

i am excited now because i feel we're close to solving the problem Smile

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just test the resistance between the earth point of the ignitor, and the battery.
If its close to zero (ie, less than 1ohm) its fine.

If its more than 2ohms, start cleaning earth points.

Also clean the dizzy cap where the coil lead plugs in it, and where the dizzy cap comes in contact with the rotor.
If there is buildup there, you'll get bad current flow.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We did take the cap off before and clean it, however it made no discernible difference.

This was about a month and ahalf ago, I will take it off as well as getting some of that loom cover and give it a good thorough clean out as well.

and check earth points as well just to make sure.

Where are the earth points on a 1G-GTE?

I know you'll probably just tell me to look for em Razz Which I have no problem with... But yeah

(Figured I'd ask)

BTW, cheers for your help so far. It's nice knowing there's a veritable wealth of information available at the touch of a few keys Wink
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you check the outside of the dizzy cap? where the coil lead plugs in?

I've seen a couple of cars have that chock full of corrosion.

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 14:59

Did you check the outside of the dizzy cap? where the coil lead plugs in?

I've seen a couple of cars have that chock full of corrosion.

To be honest, no actually!

Just took the cap off and cleaned the rotor and stuff

I did not even think to clean the cap itself...

now where's that bang head against brick wall emoticon

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 13:03

now where's that bang head against brick wall emoticon

http://www.haqaonline.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/banghead.gif

http://www.cyborg2.com/images/emoticons/banghead.gif

http://www.worlds-worst-website.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/banghead.gif

http://www.generalcadd.com/ubb/graemlins/banghead.gif

http://forums.allgames.com/images/smilies/blackwolf/bangHead.gif

http://headstrong-hq.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/banghead.gif

http://differentdawn.com/board/images/smilies/banghead.gif

http://www.behindthetoys.com/forums/banghead.gif

http://forum.mamboserver.com/images/extrasmilies/banghead.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~mfletcher1600/banghead.gif
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did find this when I searched for bang.gif

NOT SAFE FOR WORK, BUT HIGHLY AMUSING!
http://hpbimg.robbie-borst.nl/996631866bang.gif

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2005 05:48]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any of those will suffice

except the last one. I have to be real careful viewing the thread now while i'm at work! Surprised
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What gets me is it was 'arcing' at both ends (albeit not as much as the centre of the lead) and in the centre of the lead that is resting on the rubber piping? Sorry to butt in but I've never seen this before and am learning with James Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2005 05:46]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 15:43

What gets me is it was 'arcing' at both ends (albeit not as much as the centre of the lead) and in the centre of the lead that is resting on the rubber piping? Sorry to butt in but I've never seen this before and am learning at the same time as James Smile

Dont feel sorry to but in Smile

So you saw it arcing on the ends too?

I only noticed it do it once on the ignitor end, and didnt see it again...

was it doing it on the distributor end too?
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I saw it arcing at both ends - but the majority of the funky flashing was in the centre where it had nothing to ground on!?
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there all, just wondering if u can help me out, i have this and its not hooked up, just wondering what its for???
thers no vaccum line any where near it thats disconnected

anybody know what its for????

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/3885/dsc014305md.jpg

Eddie
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its for emissions.
Leave it as is.
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there mate, yeah just checking as its using alittle extra fuel, just trying to elimanate things

thanks

Eddie
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darola wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 18:47

Hey there all, just wondering if u can help me out, i have this and its not hooked up, just wondering what its for???
thers no vaccum line any where near it thats disconnected

anybody know what its for????

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/3885/dsc014305md.jpg

Eddie

that circled object does not exist in my car.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check again, its supposed to be on all Toyota motors.

Its on the base of the throttle body, below where the throttle cable is.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 13 August 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll go have another look just now...

i just checked resistances between the ignitor and earth, and the ignitor and battery, it isnt really reading barely anything at all, but my mutlimeter is pretty shit so i'll try and use someone else's.

also, the problem i had before with the first lead was it was DESTROYED and when i went to unplug the lead the end piece and cap just melted away from the actual lead... at the distributor end.

but NOW... this new lead is still in good cond, except for one thing

at the ignitor end, i went to remove it, and couldnt

i had to use a key to get it off! the rubber cap had MELTED onto the ignitor connector...

wtf?

my housemate's friend with a corona actually had a problem with the ignitor putting out too much spark (apparently) and the problem only occured when the engine warmed up, and eventually it killed his ignitor...

should i run some new earths anyway just to be sure that its not an earthing problem?

if so,where should I run them from?

this is doing my head in... I'd go take it to an autoelec, but i just got my CTP and rego reminders for the 13th of sept... how i'm going to pull that money out of my ass i dont know!~
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 13 August 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just checked and NO, it does not exist in my engine bay.

that little yellow thing that has the pipe coming out of it and going into the circled object is there, but it just has an end sticking out into the air (im assuming thats where the hose would go onto to connect to the circled object

is that bad?
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 13 August 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a multi meter if you still need to borrow one.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 13 August 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 15:06

that little yellow thing that has the pipe coming out of it and going into the circled object is there, but it just has an end sticking out into the air (im assuming thats where the hose would go onto to connect to the circled object

Where does the other end go?
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 14 August 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys need some help
i got a gz20 (1g) and i am wanting to put a 7m from a mz20 soarer in.. do they share the same mounts!! do they drop str8 in??
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would be better if u put a 1j in it Laughing Laughing Laughing
as they are torquey as well as rev high the 7m doesnt rev
but if u still wanted the 7m better to buy it straight out rather than do a conversion
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did want a 1j but i just need 2 kno does a 7m drop str8 in or does it need work done??
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cheers
Sam

I've vowed never to go back to TM again, they let an apprentice mechanic do the work on my car and it'll NEVER go back there again after the amount of stuff i found not put back on properly, not done up etc etc...

I've heard good things about the throttle shop. I'll be taking my car there next time i need something done

Dan
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 09:30

ok guys need some help
i got a gz20 (1g) and i am wanting to put a 7m from a mz20 soarer in.. do they share the same mounts!! do they drop str8 in??

.....what Confused

well i guess on the upside if a 7M goes right in then its gonna be cheaper than a 1J because you wont have to buy a whole 1J JZA70 halfcut

but i know what i want to get and i'll get it, so i'm gonna stick to 1J Cool
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 10:13

but if u still wanted the 7m better to buy it straight out rather than do a conversion

Have you ridden in a 7MGTE soarer?

Don't knock it till you've felt it.

Danners' MZ20 one goes pretty damn hard!
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 12:14

indian wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 10:13

Have you ridden in a 7MGTE soarer?

Don't knock it till you've felt it.

Danners' MZ20 one goes pretty damn hard!

hahahaha wait till u ride in a 1jzgte soarer u will then know what revs and tourque feels like togeter lolll if that makes sense hahahaha
not saying the 7m is shite ok but yeah 1j kicks arse big time ive never been in one put into a older soarer but the z30 ones go hard stock so i can imagine one in a z20 soarer
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also met up with blak 1g-gte yestreday and man does his car sound nice didnt think soarers could sound like that until i heard it in real life i had a live look at the chromed engine bay and all they look niceeeeeee in the flesh Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also is the 7mge gearbox the same as a 7mgte
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 10:32

also is the 7mge gearbox the same as a 7mgte

Yes, but not as strong.
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so can some1 answer my qn about will a 7mgte fit in2 a gz20 soarer which has the 1ggte.. ie do they share the same mounts??
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would imagine NOT, since the 7MGTE would have M series mounts, however you should be able to get MZ20 mounts and they will fit fine into a GZ20 (correct?)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you buying just a motor?

or a front cut?

An MA70 front cut will bolt in

If you buy just the engine, then you'll need to get the mount with it.
I believe the later MA70's share the JZA70 crossmember, so if you get one of them you'll have to source early 7M mounts, not that that will be much of a struggle.
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u used a soarer or supra front cut it would be relativly easy

but for the same effort u could put a 1jz in
only reason id put a 7m in, is if u happened across a tuff built one.

ROss
siddVenkatesan
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys - anyone selling off a set of stock soarer turbo's? I'm after the CT12A's

I dont want to do the upgrade path just yet, so would love to buy a stock set off someone who has already.

thanks

sidd
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the question is

WHY BOTHER...

you will have to do the HG on the motor before it goes in anyway and there is a good $500-$1000 worth of shit...

do the 1JZ
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those 1GGTE turbos?

JustCallMeFrank has a pair of Gen3 ones for sale.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 12:22

hahahaha wait till u ride in a 1jzgte soarer u will then know what revs and tourque feels like togeter lolll if that makes sense hahahaha
not saying the 7m is shite ok but yeah 1j kicks arse big time ive never been in one put into a older soarer but the z30 ones go hard stock so i can imagine one in a z20 soarer

Fcuk you talk shit.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 04:03]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:59

Those 1GGTE turbos?

JustCallMeFrank has a pair of Gen3 ones for sale.

CT12A's are ceramic-wheel 1JZ turbos
Pages (51): [ «  <  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:36:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018509149551392 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.