Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sprinter Adam
Regular

July 2005
Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 09:53 Go to next message
Hey guys,
i was wondering what you recon the worst movie of all time is?

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty much anything with Nicole Kidman would have to be right up there.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plan 9 from outer space is pretty much the accepted worst movie of all time.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ocean's 12 would be up there for me. i really like oceans 11 tho Very Happy
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the adventures of baron von munchousen
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2001: A space Odyssey.

Crappiest movie ever. Loved the concept, hated the long shots, it was just painful and i don't care how artistic it is.

I loved HAL9000's death scene though.

Guess that movie resulted in the creation of a "editor".

-Jay
Sprinter Adam
Regular

July 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just though of three, fast and furious, 2fast 2 furious and ghost Laughing Laughing
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ghosts of Mars definately up there with the worst but it did have Clea DuVall in it so it wasn't a total write off Rolling Eyes
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 20:18

2001: A space Odyssey.

Crappiest movie ever. Loved the concept, hated the long shots, it was just painful and i don't care how artistic it is.

I loved HAL9000's death scene though.

Guess that movie resulted in the creation of a "editor".

-Jay

we have a winner
i made myself sit through the whole thing one day since i kept getting up and walking out of the room every time it was on
now i know to avoid it totally
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C'mon, lay off our nicole... I'm not really a fan but you cant tar all her movies with the same brush; bmx bandits rocked...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Solaris, with George Clooney was bad.

So too are serious chick-flicks like, Snow Fallig on Cedars, Beaches, Pavilion of Women, Out of Africa, The Piano, The Notebook, The English Patient.... my god the list can go on forever with these bad boys.

seeyuzz
river
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't seen any of those! I guess i could tell they sucked without having to sit through them. Sure you didn't enjoy them just a little bit river???
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Nope. Most of them I've never seen. I saw a few a long time ago when I was lied to that there was hot lesbian action in the movie. Now I don't bother 'cos I know there's no hot action - just boring, deep and painfully meaning chick issues that fly many parsecs over my puny male brain.

Any chick in this house that wants me to watch a sissy pic has to also watch the NRL or Cricket or WWE (which is the best deterrent).

Chick flicks never have the three basic ingredients for a good movie... hot sex action, plenty of biffo and shootouts, and a good car chase.

seeyuzz
river
customSA63
Regular

February 2005
    NA
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your saying anything with nicole kidman so does that mean you hate days of thunder...
that movie kicks ass. did you know Tom Cruise wrote it and came up with the concept of the movie he must really like cars. lol
oh and the most voted worst film is the church of scientology's Battlefield Earth Directed by John Travolta.
NOW THATS A SHIT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

cheers
matt
Smile
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always accepted that Plan 9 from outer space was the worst until I saw open water, or the first 10 minutes I made it through. I don't care how small your budget it, my 4YO can hold a camera still. WHY CANT YOU?

All those who pick on 2001. You simply don't understand. Watch it, then 2010, then read the 3rd book. But you probably still won't.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 fast 2 Furious,Godzilla,perfect storm,lost in translation..

There are so many,and i guarantee my missus will pick them every time at the video store.

On an upnote I have seen about 2/3 of Enemy at the gates and was thoroughly impressed.
Sabbie
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...I think my vote goes to Deathrace 2000. Think Carmageddon in movie form...then take Sly Stallone in the early days...

There are a lot of movies I can recall not liking...but that one just takes the cake on crapness...
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Independence day, Last Samuari, Godzilla,
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill tell you the best movie ever, TORQUE! wow, jus that terrible that it had to be good in sum way. i mean, who would have spent money on a movie they knew from the start was terrible. there has to be a hidden metaphor i missed right/??!!! RIGHT??!!

well i really liked enemy at the gates, also liked boondock saints, snatch, fight club, rocky 1,2,3,4,5 still not sure if its an action or a comedy. lol grease was a classic lol.

i like movies, i got so much time on my hands Razz
-------
jason
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 21:05

So too are serious chick-flicks like, Snow Fallig on Cedars, Beaches, Pavilion of Women, Out of Africa, The Piano, The Notebook, The English Patient.... my god the list can go on forever with these bad boys.

seeyuzz
river

The Notebook was suprisingly ok. Embarassed Was made to sit through it by my gf and I actually enjoyed this one.

But yeah, bad movies. Hrmmm too many to choose from. Fast and Furious and all its sequels, torque was mega bad too... and.. Freddy got fingered. I just didnt get that one Confused
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i slept tru the grinch who stole christmas Crying or Very Sad
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 01:13

Independence day, Last Samuari, Godzilla,

I liked Independence Day (although it's kind of stupid looking back on it) but the Last Samurai rocked! Shocked
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Independence day, is VERY much like godzilla in a sense that city gets blown up and somehow they fix the problem blah blah blah

and Last Samurai, besides Katsumoto, everything else was crap. I didn't like the idea how they put Tom Cruise in the an event that actually happened, and insinuating that he was the last samuarai, though it's not ever said he was in the movie, it's pretty much shown that he is the last saumari, and wtf is with the ending? that skinny ass emperor asking him in broken english "how did he die?" and the katies holmes lover replied "i'll tell you how he lived"

like pfft Rolling Eyes c'mon....
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 02:19

Independence day, is VERY much like godzilla in a sense that city gets blown up and somehow they fix the problem blah blah blah

and Last Samurai, besides Katsumoto, everything else was crap. I didn't like the idea how they put Tom Cruise in the an event that actually happened, and insinuating that he was the last samuarai, though it's not ever said he was in the movie, it's pretty much shown that he is the last saumari, and wtf is with the ending? that skinny ass emperor asking him in broken english "how did he die?" and the katies holmes lover replied "i'll tell you how he lived"

I tend to disagree. Remembering now what Godzilla was about, Godzilla was the menace terrorizing the city and the remake was just for special effects I rekcon. The story was pretty BS. To me it's like you've got the problem and there is a solution but it's more like they wanted you to sit back and watch the special effects in order to keep you entertained, not the plot.

ID is more like you've got aliens trying to take over the entire world and the human race is banding together to reclaim Earth and get rid of the invaders. It's an epic struggle where mankind puts away their petty differences to overcome the bigger obstacle.

Last Samurai, besides Katsumoto, everything else was crap. I didn't like the idea how they put Tom Cruise in the an event that actually happened, and insinuating that he was the last samuarai, though it's not ever said he was in the movie, it's pretty much shown that he is the last saumari, and wtf is with the ending? that skinny ass emperor asking him in broken english "how did he die?" and the katies holmes lover replied "i'll tell you how he lived"
As for Last Samurai.. Firstly, Tom Cruise is a good actor. Secondly it wasn't an event that actually happened. It is only loosely based on historical events (more than one). At the time the movie is set the Japanese had already decided to use Prussian and British guns and they weren't using those primitive muzzle-loading rifles either. A lot of people have a bone to pick with this movie in that 'oh it's not historically correct' or other crap like that. I think they should just get over it. It was never intended to be a documentary or a hollywood movie 'of a historical event'. Rather it is a hollywood movie 'based on several historic occurences. It was made with the intention of providing entertainment so that millions of people pay money to go and sit through it.
As for him being the last samurai and him telling the emperor 'I will tell you how he lived' and the emperor speaking up finally etc. It's all a bunch of cliches and that's what sells.
Personally, I just see it as a story and I find it pretty entertaining.

to each his own i guess...
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BIKER BOYZ!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0326769/

There's no words to describe how bad this movie is...
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter Adam wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 19:53

Hey guys,

Adam

Chicken park.
Supra-Girl
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything with Jackie Chan.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c'mon guys, we're talking about the worst movie ever, not just a bad movie you don't happen to like. This eliminates fast and the furious, ID4 and many others mentioned, b ecause they at least have some redeeming features, and watchable moments.

plan 9 I have never watched, but have heard it is purely atrocious (as is anything by that director incidentally).
Battlefield earth was terrible.
Open water pissed me off to no end - seriously, it's blair witch except nothing happens.
kangaroo jack was painful in ways I didn't think movies could be (well, to be truthful I've only seen the "highlights", and they were bad enough to make me consider suicide)
Spice world (I'm assuming - I'm not stupid enough to actually watch it)

Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Royal Tenenbaums and The Bodyguard.

Cheers, Greg.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chopping Mall - If you haven't seen it grab a copy, it is sooo bad it is funny!!

Who said the notebook wasn't that bad?? Are you kidding, I was forced to watch this on a plane, what a long winded soppy boring piece of shite!!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johny Pneumonic (spelling) extremely shit sci fi/action movie starring Keanu Reeves.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 23:38]

matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Worst Movie Ever Thu, 11 August 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Batman and Robin
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bad Taste (filmed in New Zealand) it was farken terrible! Apparently there is even 'Bad Taste 2', but no video store ever has it Rolling Eyes

Has anyone seen Bad Taste? Because apart from the people who I watched it with I have never come across anyone else who has seen it Crying or Very Sad

Bad Taste had no redeeming qualities at any stage.

WATCH IT NOW Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope haven't seen it you seen Johnny pnuemonic not many ppl have seen it either.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 09:07

Johny Pneumonic (spelling) extremely shit sci fi/action movie starring Keanu Reeves.

Johnny Mnemonic - it wasn't great, but not that bad. You have to read the William Gibson story to understand it (it's in his collection of short stories called Burning Chrome), but even then the movie strays pretty far from the book.

Damn I've seen some stinker movies with the missus - Pearl Harbour, Capitan Correlli's Mandolin, The Notebook.. the list goes on!

Meet the Feebles would have to be one movie that was sometimes funny but mostly awful.
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE RING 2!
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For me it the worst movie of all time would be
"The Shaft" no not the Samuel L Jackson one. This one is about a Killer elevator you got to see to appreciate how crap it is.
my god its bad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A couple of other really shit ones, graveyard shift by stephen king, Benn omg shit.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
revenge of the nerds 2 and 3, just lame
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 22:23

I always accepted that Plan 9 from outer space was the worst until I saw open water, or the first 10 minutes I made it through. I don't care how small your budget it, my 4YO can hold a camera still. WHY CANT YOU?

All those who pick on 2001. You simply don't understand. Watch it, then 2010, then read the 3rd book. But you probably still won't.

Indeed, I stand corrected. Open water was the biggest waste of time ive ever experianced.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.J.H wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 04:52

Sprinter Adam wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 19:53

Hey guys,

Adam

Chicken park.

Laughing
god i havnt seen that in years ...with good reason

and lay off revenge of the nerds!
ok number4 sucked when booger got married but the rest were cool!
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think everyone should consider this:
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fi ve_shitty_movies

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was a fourth?!!
Oh yeah its all coming back to me - karate kid3 i think where he teachs the girl how to fight.
That movie with jackie chang in the love boat where theres that street fighter scene.

Blair witch 1 and 2

coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh maddox how can you be so brilliant all the time!
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 02:19

If you can look past the glaring historical missconceptions in the film and look it more as just a well written, directed and acted art piece then it is acctually one of the most inspiring films realised by hollywood over the last few years...

not many western films leave me with a sense of injustice, freedom and sadness all in one... the last samurai did that for me, dunno about the rest of u.

And Godzilla is just an epic that was well before it's time... and it was more than just a dinosaur eating tokyo... good social commentry Razz

Independance day was a good box office film... explosions, aliens, space ships, will smith... what more could you ask for on a saturday night with popcorn!

as for worst movies of all time:

Torque
Biker Boys
Daredevil
Catwoman

Worst films ever created
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh godzilla nothing beats Gamera bwahahaha its soo funny.
Easy rider is also shit and Blue Velvet what else most midday movies.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"But I'm a cheerleader" was soooo bad that I loved it Very Happy

Its about a cheerleader whose parents think she's gay so they ship her off to a kind of gay rehab to make her straight.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Maddox .. although i hate most movies with Russell Crowe

hes a fucking tool .. i would say i hate all his movies but Gladiator simply coz of that scene where he/another cast member chops that guys head off with dual swords !

hrrmm also i hate XXX with a passion VIN DIMSAL IS A FUCKING TARD and havent brought myself to watch XXX2
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love maddox's tom clancy plot generator. that thing is awsome.
meanwhile, i'm sticking with the adventures of baron von munchousen
http://divx.org.ua/cover/1335.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2005 02:10]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Logans Run, Romeo and Juliet, Blade runner, three shockers i had too watch for english, i'll ad episode One of Star wars to that list, first and only star wars movie i have watched and it sucked.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new star wars movies suck. old star wars movies kick arse
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh another one is that Jackie Chan movie, I think it's from Melbourne(?) and where he plays a chef. Watching that movie convinced me to believe that Australian's can't act.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 10:07

Bad Taste (filmed in New Zealand) it was farken terrible! Apparently there is even 'Bad Taste 2', but no video store ever has it Rolling Eyes

Has anyone seen Bad Taste? Because apart from the people who I watched it with I have never come across anyone else who has seen it Crying or Very Sad

WATCH IT NOW Laughing

YES!!!!
I have seen it, a couple of times now. I even have a copy of the DVD at home.

Honestly one of the CRAPPIEST movies EVER... but it's just so crap and pathetic that it DOES have some endearing qualities! You just have to watch it to understand Razz

I mean in what other movie is the money shot made with a "Megnum"
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deck dogz, oceans 12, Cheese it!! oh wait, that wasn't a movie.
griminir
Regular

October 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 10:07

WATCH IT NOW Laughing

Although Bad Taste isn't Peter Jackson's best production (you just can't beat BRAINDEAD Very Happy) it can't be considered the worst film ever, surely!

There are so many crap films I don't even know where to begin..
But my personal torment is provided by the little gem FACEOFF, which gets a mention just because it seems to be on the telly every eight fricken weeks.
Also, anything featuring Meg Ryan. Or Kevin Costner.

BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
- TOURQE, crappy bike version of fast and the furious
- 8 LEGGED FREAKS, bad bad bad spider movie
- BATMAN, old school one with adamn west as batman,(guy in spandex)
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 12:12

Logans Run, Romeo and Juliet, Blade runner, three shockers i had too watch for english,

This thread is about the worst movies of all time, and you put one of the most revered sci-fi movies ever made on the list? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a bad movie. Ask any serious film critic and I doubt they'll have many negative comments about it.

I haven't seen enough movies (especially older ones) to vote on the worst movie ever, but the worst one I've seen in recent times was Ghosts of Mars. It made no sense, it was boring as hell (strange since it was a sci-fi/action movie set in space), and I've seen better acting in school plays. Somehow it was moderately successful though? Go figure.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put it this way i gaurentee you anyone that does advanced english and studies in the wild will say its the shitest movie they have ever seen.
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Torque, Biker Boyz, Speed 2, Titanic -- anything with Martin Henderson.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 12 August 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
waking life and anything initial D
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What game were u addicted to ??
Next Topic:hazzled again :P
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:05:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088338851928711 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.