Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

icon7.gif  perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Wed, 03 August 2005 13:22 Go to next message
For sale Perth WA

factory Bilstein suspension from a 1991 JZA70 Toyota Supra twin turbo R.

4x factory Bilstein struts (front and rear)
4x factory Bilstein springs (front and rear)
4x aftermarket Lovells super low springs (front and rear)

Original Struts were on the car up until around 125k kms
Original springs were on the car up until 90k kms
Aftermarket springs have done approx 35k kms

The Lovells springs combined with the factory Bilstein struts produce a very low, very stiff ride. Approx 320mm from wheel centre to guard at the front, and 330mm at the rear.
The ride height looks very aggressive but was inappropriate at times, especially in car parks or on steep driveways. If you have a aftermarket exhaust system you will experience scraping quite often.
The ride quality is very good, maybe a little stiff for me, railway crossings remind you of how stiff the suspension is, although the front struts are noticeably stiffer than the rear struts. However cornering stability and high speed stability are excellent. There is minimal hesitation on steering input.

I have since upgraded to Tein HA coilovers and have no use for this suspension.

Taking offers for the moment, I have no idea what 2nd hand suspension like this is worth.

Cheers.
-Todd.

Attachment: bilstein suspension (0).jpg
(Size: 93.33KB, Downloaded 82 time(s))
Attachment: bilstein suspension (1).jpg
(Size: 68.64KB, Downloaded 48 time(s))
Attachment: bilstein suspension (2).jpg
(Size: 79.21KB, Downloaded 45 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 13:23]

Send a private message to this user    
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 04 August 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill start offers at $200
Bratwurst_Boy
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 04 August 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u have a pic of them on the car so i can see how low it is
cheers
daniel
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 04 August 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~supraman/visual/jpgs/supra/toddsupra2.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 05:03]

AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 04 August 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dang, are they 17's? That is low! Looks nice though, but I can fully understand the aftermarket exhaust scrapage, mine scrapes on occasion and my suspension is standard!

Maybe it's the basketball sized tip, hah Rolling Eyes

Good luck with the sale!

Cheers Smile
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 04 August 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE82TwinCam wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:09

Dang, are they 17's? That is low! Looks nice though, but I can fully understand the aftermarket exhaust scrapage, mine scrapes on occasion and my suspension is standard!

Good luck with the sale!

Cheers Smile

they are 17s and theyre for sale right here if youre interested!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=76745&start=0&rid=6326&S=36b7e25ed29 d512a093411756fe550be

(sorry to hijack your thread todd! Very Happy)
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 04 August 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 15:13

AE82TwinCam wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:09

Good luck with the sale!

Cheers Smile

they are 17s and theyre for sale right here if youre interested!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=76745&start=0&rid=6326&S=36b7e25ed29 d512a093411756fe550be

(sorry to hijack your thread todd! Very Happy)

Hehe, thanks, but I'm quite happy with my perrrdy white lightweight Enkei's Smile

Now back to the thread at hand!

Cheers Smile
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 04 August 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those wheels are welcome in my thread anytime! Smile
awesome wheels!
teknoboi
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Fri, 05 August 2005 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will these fit on a uz30 soarer?
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Sat, 06 August 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wont fit NO Crying or Very Sad

teknoboi wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 03:54

will these fit on a uz30 soarer?

kayboom
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Sat, 06 August 2005 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$220 PP..

let me know.
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Sat, 06 August 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$250 I`ll organise postage
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Sun, 07 August 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interested, please pm me before accepting an offer as I may beat it. Thx.
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Mon, 08 August 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My offer for the suspension is $300 plus postage
Thanks

PS do you have any idea what the postage will be to Adelaide?
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Mon, 08 August 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i/you would have to look into it, but im guessing $50 - $100.
a full set of 17's with tyres cost $75 from import bitz, but they may be recieving discount because of the amount of shite they post.
kayboom
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Mon, 08 August 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
costs a fair bit to post due to weight, around $80
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Tue, 09 August 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's fine (the postage price)
Have you considered the offer? Is it around what you are expecting to get?
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Tue, 09 August 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there,

Any idea if these will fit a GZ20 Soarer?

If so, I know of a friend who will be interested.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Tue, 09 August 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
offers are getting there yes.

i have no idea what this suspension will fit other than a A70 supra. you would have to do a little research.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Wed, 10 August 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes theyre interchangeable with a Z20 suspension setup.

i have z20 coilovers in my a70 and theyre fine..
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 11 August 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It should probably be mentioned that at 125k kms and 13 years old these struts are probably due for a rebuild (this isn't just my opinion but that of a suspension expert). I've spoken to a bilstein expert who tells me that this is around $150-$160 per strut and that they can be re-valved at the same time to change the ride (stiffer or softer). If I am succesful in my offer I will be having the struts rebuilt and I suggest anyone else purchasing should do the same.

I also enquired how much a brand new set of the same bilstein struts are (they are avaliavle from the same bilstein expert). They are $900-$1000 for 4. They can also be valved however you like when purchasing.

My offer of $300 for the struts plus rebuild cost of
$150x4+$300(offer)=$900 (same price as new brand new bilstein struts without including posting the used struts from perth). This means that in this offer I am only really getting the two sets of springs thrown in to compensate for buying used. Spring performance degrades over time and use also. The original springs would be due for replacement and their only real use would be for in case of defect, so it would pass inspection.

I don't mean to say these aren't worth buying as obviously they are or I wouldn't have made an offer myself but I personally will be hesitant to make an offer higher than my current offer in light of what they cost new.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 11 August 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, your looking to put these to good use then. i didnt sell these knowing what you've researched. i planned on selling these to someone that is looking to upgrade their currently plain old A70 suspension to better lowered sports (old) A70 suspension Razz
i would be extremely surprised if i was told this suspension was shagged. maybe for race purposes but definately not for street use, they are still more than adequate. that being said i dont care who uses it for what purpose, im selling the suspension as good condition working 13 year old bilstein suspension from my car.
its a little discremintary saying its not worth more than $300 because not everyone is looking to have them refurbished.
that being said $300 is a good offer.
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Sun, 14 August 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt say they weren't worth more than $300, just that I personally wouldnt offer more than that in light of what I know and what I plan to do with them.

If nobody else is going to raise this offer, you about ready to part with these mofo? I've got the cash ready to go. Just need an acct to drop it into. PM your bank details if keen.

Thanks.
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 18 August 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mofoIII I'm still waiting for some kind of reply here mate.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Thu, 18 August 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry mate ive been a bit busy lately, and i wanted to check with the department to see if my coilovers were illegal. i didnt get a clear answer but meh, gotta take some risks right?

anyway if no one can get a better offer in within 24 hours consider them sold.

thanks.

RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Fri, 19 August 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know about perth but in adelaide if you want your height adjustable coilovers to be legal they have to be modified so they can't be adjusted to be super low. However this kind of defeats the purpose of having them so nobody does this modification. Either that or you modify them in a way so they can be easily unmodified.

Look's like you havent had anymore offers....
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Tue, 23 August 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i apologise to those interested in this sale but im going to have to cancell due to my current teins actually being a illegal non permittable modification to my car. i would have to have them engineered and inspected in order to legally use them on the car and that costs big $$$. basically i need these springs on hand incase i get defected again and need to replace the suspension.

once again i apologise, i should have checked this out before i actually put them up for sale.

thanks.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Wed, 24 August 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you got defected AGAIN?!? man that sucks that theyre not legal.. Sad is it purely the height adjustment that is the issue for legality?
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Wed, 24 August 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the fact that they are not oe makes them uncertified and hence prohibited to use on the registered vehicle on the road.
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 twin turbo R factory Bilstein suspension + a/m springs Wed, 24 August 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
want to sell your teins?? Smile
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: perth - JZA70 Tein HA height & dampener adjustable suspension. Wed, 24 August 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...jk Very Happy

Attachment: teins.jpg
(Size: 32.63KB, Downloaded 27 time(s))

hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: perth - JZA70 Tein HA height & dampener adjustable suspension. Thu, 25 August 2005 00:58 Go to previous message
omfg theyre like brand new as well T, i expect you would have paid about $1700 for them ya? just get them engineered dude.. its going to cost you another 4 or 500 or so innit for the cert?
but well worth it!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NA
Next Topic:4x Silverstone Rally tarmac tyres (on rims), S575 190/580-15 (195/50)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:04:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074911117553711 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.