Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JP_GZE
Occasional Poster

September 2004
180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 07:00 Go to next message
I'm looking for some more boost for my 4agze & I've been thinking about ordering the NEVO 175 kit for a while.

I came across a 180mm kit from the U.S. today sold by "Non Stop Tuning". This kit is $289 USD which works out cheaper than the NEVO kit even with shipping costs added.

Does anybody have any experience with this kit, or general thoughts about it compared to the NEVO 175?

Here's the link in case you're interested;
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToyMR2GZ.htm

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 07:01]

Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude just do the ea falcon air con pulley for your s/c pulley and make 15 psi all day and you wont have to cut the timing pointer off or overspeed the water pump (not that its a huge deal anyways)
JP_GZE
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i've been reading the posts about the falcon pulley lately but I'm just a bit concerned about how reliable this would be, compared to the NEVO or Non Stop Tuning kits.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats going to be unreliable????
mr2gze
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well in terms of charger reliability both options are going to spin it(sc) at similar speeds 13-15psi, but the larger crank pulley option will allow you to keep the clutched pulley on the sc. So the sc wont be spinning under load the 'whole' time your driving. There are pro's and cons of both options, but thats getting off the topic...

I know a guy who had a 180+mm pulley with a smaller water pump pulley, It lunched charger's fairly quick, went through 3 in a couple of years. Not exactly driving it sedatley but. So obviously depends what you are using the car for.
JP_GZE
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinking that if the guys that designed the two kits I've mentioned have gone to all the trouble of designing and fabricating them as well as offering warranties that they may be more reliable than fitting the falcon pulley myself. This would be a seemingly cheaper option though.

Thanks for the input.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2gze wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 18:54

Well in terms of charger reliability both options are going to spin it(sc) at similar speeds 13-15psi, but the larger crank pulley option will allow you to keep the clutched pulley on the sc. So the sc wont be spinning under load the 'whole' time your driving. There are pro's and cons of both options, but thats getting off the topic...

I know a guy who had a 180+mm pulley with a smaller water pump pulley, It lunched charger's fairly quick, went through 3 in a couple of years. Not exactly driving it sedatley but. So obviously depends what you are using the car for.

you still use the s/c clutch with the ea falcon air con conversion and there is obviously something wrong with your mates setup as i know of pleanty of s/c's arround that are making 14-15 psi on an sc12 that havent broken.....
leaven
Regular

June 2004
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte whats yours putting out with the EA pulley ?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found a smaller s/c pulley was more aggressive/quicker in boost responce than a larger crank pulley. i liked it. Smile
mr2gze
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Wed, 10 August 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 17:14

mr2gze wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 18:54

you still use the s/c clutch with the ea falcon air con conversion and there is obviously something wrong with your mates setup as i know of pleanty of s/c's arround that are making 14-15 psi on an sc12 that havent broken.....

Smile Sorry there, i was refering to fixed pulley setups in the first part. No nothing is wrong with mates car. Like i said it runs a 180+mm (not 100% sure on actual size) pulley and was running 17-18psi. Rarely gets driven normally, thats why i asked what is the car being used for.
xpimp
Regular

January 2003

Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Thu, 11 August 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From my understanding the EA pulley does not use the SC clutch. Hence why its hellish loud at idle....

I thought the colar went directly on the front spline of the SC.

Correct me if I am wrong, cause if I am wrong ill be down at the wrecks on Sat LOL

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 11:10]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Thu, 11 August 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he had welded the new pulley to the existing s/c clutch from what he said

Quote:

haha yeh i welded the existing SC clutch to the new pulley face because

but he is not using the clutch himself

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 11:19]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Thu, 11 August 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i shoulda pulled this off and had a look on how it was done when i had it.
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2377/sc90mmpulley0sk.th.jpg
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: 180mm 4agze crank pulley kit Thu, 11 August 2005 14:25 Go to previous message
if you use a round spacer to make up the difference in snout diamter from the EA aircon unit and the sc12 you can use the whole pulley and its own clutch, and it will work as normal and boost to 14/15...

feral: yeah i think it might have something to do with the spining of the water pump (drag). as you would know im running my water pump pulley on a spacer and its spun from the front of the crank in line with the alternator now . the engine feels heaps more responsive and revs heaps better.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4e and 5e question
Next Topic:WTF, hot when cold, cold when hot?!?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:17:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058438777923584 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.