Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
ta22 steering question Tue, 09 August 2005 12:48 Go to next message
I recently had an accident in my ta22 and i am wondering what is wrong with my steering?

On the front right, my wheel sits further back than the usual spot, the left side is perfect just the right side is stuffed and when i lock it fully to the right the wheel rubs badly on the inside of the guard, not the top but behind the tyre, nearest to the door.. i have pics just dont know how to put them on here to show..

Basiclly what i want to know is has anyone encounted this problem before after an accident of some sort? do you think it will cost me an arm and a leg to fix? thoughts? ideas?

any help would be great, before i take it into a shop so i know i wont get ripped..

cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ta22 steering question Tue, 09 August 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the suspension parts to make sure they're not bent, otherwise it's time to start measuring up the body itself and see if you've bent that.
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: ta22 steering question Tue, 09 August 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i just replaced the front struts completly with newer ones and it still has the same effect. i didnt really get a good look underneath so im not sure.. i think pics will be better.

thanks
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ta22 steering question Tue, 09 August 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the castor rod, lower arm, crossmember, etc. in proper shape? Otherwise it'll probably be the car that's bent...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ta22 steering question Tue, 09 August 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you on the northside? Drop in to my place and i'll have a quick look. I may even have the parts you need to fix it.
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: ta22 steering question Thu, 11 August 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im on the southside, i doubt it is my car that is bent, must be one of the steering components..
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: ta22 steering question Fri, 12 August 2005 01:07 Go to previous message
I thought so, it was right infront of me, had a look underneath properly yesterday and found that my right lower arm is bent which is causing the wheel to be positioned much further back..

now if anyone has a straight one theyd like to sell to me that would be great!

cheers.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1990 Carina ST 182 electrical problems
Next Topic:Okay to run 16x7 with stock AE86 Suspension ???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 12:41:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056040287017822 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.