Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
icon5.gif  Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade Wed, 10 August 2005 11:32 Go to next message
Hey how is it going i have an old EMS computer controlling my 3tgte, it is an older style ems and cannot be tuned without a hand controler, (which i cannot find, and my car really needs a tune).

I rang ems and they told me they can upgrade the software on it so it can be tuned from a laptop/computer, (this upgrade would also turn the fuel only computer to ignition control which isnt needed anyhow) this though would cost me $330 to do.

I am just wondering what you guys think about this and if you think it is the right way to go or should i look for a second hand ECU somewere.

Jason
  Send a private message to this user    
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade Wed, 10 August 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm that is alot if you dont need it. however if you were in nsw i would say come vist me i would let you borrow my handset i dont use it all that much, i prefer a laptop tune anyways.
Also any decent tunner you will find that they have there own hand peice i know my tuner has ems microtek etc. just ring around and ask if they have the peice.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade Thu, 11 August 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh you see i have the ems is so old it cannot be tuned via a laptop, im even unsure if your hand controler would work with it.

Jason
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade Thu, 11 August 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$340 to make it laptop tunable
$260 to buy a handset controler
$free if i can find a nice person to lend me one Confused

any suggestion or owners of a hand controller>?

Jason
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade Fri, 12 August 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u sure its non laptap tuneable ... my ems can be upgraded to the latest version for free but mines only a year old... ring wm motorsport at brendale they road tune alot of 3sgte's with ems etc i know they use a laptop but they may be able to help you out

it has to be able to be tuned with atleast the hand controller or it cant be a programmable ecu

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2005 01:59]

ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade Fri, 12 August 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is from 1996
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade Fri, 12 August 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may be time for a new one ... the new ems software is pretty damn good
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Old Ems untunable, But can have Software upgrade Fri, 12 August 2005 12:16 Go to previous message
i rang them and they said there would be no benifti in upgrading thr softaware, only benifit it will be pc tunable and i can have a few more auxilary outs.

Jason
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:can power FC run high impedance injectors?
Next Topic:4agze parts/build questions.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 05:01:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003978967666626 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.