Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
benen
Regular

August 2003
1g - ra28 questions Wed, 10 August 2005 12:34 Go to next message
Just got a couple of questions if anyone can help.

Every thread i look at about the engine mounts seems to have different information. Does anyone have a part number that i should ask for? I also noticed that a few ppl havent had to use the spacer on one side due to the mount they purchased having thick enough rubber. Anyone know what part version of the mount this was?

Also, im having my radiator moved forward 10mm so i can fit in the a/c. The problem i have is that my i/c is going where my condenser is. Where have other ppl put their condensors?

Cheers
Benen
  Send a private message to this user    
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Wed, 10 August 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
regarding the mounts - give me a week or so and i should be able to give a definate answer.

i was also concerned with how high my engine was going to sit after reading those instillation guides. but im not sure whether they wer using the 1G mounts or 18R mounts.

i think 18R rubbers are lower
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Wed, 10 August 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't help a great deal here in terms of what mounts to use as my research has been full of different answer the same a Benen.

But from what I can find out the best solution is the one that the engine sits low and back in the engine bay. So keep that in mind when researching.

The A/C to may just have to pack them close together and see what room is left for the I/C (or run without a grill/modify grill)
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Thu, 11 August 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Benen, when I installed a 1G-GTE into a RA28, I used 1G-GZE engine mounts, with the standard 18RC isolation mounts. I used a 4mm spacer under the RH isolation mount.

I have seen aftermarket isolation mounts, which appear to be a little thicker than Toyota's, which I could have used, if I had one on hand.

The reason for the spacer/larger mount, is to gain clearance between the stock exhaust dump/Ox sender and the steering box.

Yes I re-strapped the radiator to move the core forward by about 10mm. This was purely to get a pair of 10" thermo fans between the engine and radiator.I was not using A/C. The Standard 1G intercoler was fitted low, in front of the radiator. The only body mod, was a hand roll to the top of the front apron.

When I did the 1JZ-GTE VVTi into the RA23, I put the thermos out front, and shifted the core back 15mm. Again no A/C, but this time with a bigger custom intercooler

Hope this helps.

cheers Chuck.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Thu, 11 August 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the 1G-GZE install in to my RA23, I read all about the different brackets, rubber mounts and spacers, but ended up using the 1G-GZE engine brakets from a GS130 Crown (funnily enough!) and brand new 18R engine rubber mounts from Toyota. They were 5mm thicker than the original mounts I had, and I did not need to use any spacer plates, on either side.

Here is a top secret tip, if you can afford to buy them, look at Nissan 720 petrol rubber mounts, they are virtually identical to the 18R mount and thicker again....
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Thu, 11 August 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey RA23 celica, how did you go with bonnet clearance??

or does the 1GGZE have a lower sitting inlet plenum/manifold??

in one of the tech articles (1G into RA40) it saye inlet manifold/IC piping may touch one of the bonnet ribs

benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Thu, 11 August 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the help guys Smile
I love to cruise all year round so i really want the a/c if possible. Anyone have a 1g in already with a front mount? is there enough room for the condenser aswell?

Also what about thermo fans?

Brett, if you could get back 2 me about the part number that would be fantastic Smile

Ra23celica, do you have the part number for the 18r rubber mounts that u used? There seem to be a fair few listed when i went to autopro, i dont know which one to get lol.

Thanks again

Benen
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Thu, 11 August 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make sure you get the 18R mount for the RA23/28/40 because the hilux 18R rubbers have a different part no. - ie. must be slightly different
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Fri, 12 August 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brett_celicacoupe wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 20:07

hey RA23 celica, how did you go with bonnet clearance??

or does the 1GGZE have a lower sitting inlet plenum/manifold??

Brett,
Bonnet clearance was fine with the GZE motor into the RA23, and it does have a different inlet design from the GTE anyway.
Cheers,
Mitch.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Fri, 12 August 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benen wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 20:32

Ra23celica, do you have the part number for the 18r rubber mounts that u used? There seem to be a fair few listed when i went to autopro, i dont know which one to get lol.
Benen

Benen,
I never trusted the ones Autopro listed but from memory mine new ones were either 45 or 50mm thick, if that helps.
I ordered the ones Toyota listed for the RA23/28, but they were superceded by newer part numbers.
Mine were a special order ex-Japan.
If you go Autopro at least you can take 'em back if they are no good.
Cheers,
Mitch.
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: 1g - ra28 questions Sat, 13 August 2005 09:34 Go to previous message
good point. I guess i can order them in from autopro or sprints or something and if the rubber is 45-50mm then get them. no spacer required right?

Instead of messing around so much if theyre too thin ill just get a spacer lol.

Cheers for the help guys, just need 2 sort out my a/c problem now Smile

Benen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:troubles wiring up 100kw conversion
Next Topic:3k extractors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:49:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050208568572998 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.