Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
the_sleepa
Regular

June 2005
icon14.gif  4AGTE SETUP Sat, 13 August 2005 09:25 Go to next message
hi everyone....has any got a reason that the standard 4AGZE inlet manifold cant be used if a throttle body is fitted to it....i am researching the conversion and everyone seems to go for the TVIS plenum and intake...just enquiring if there was a reason other than the fact that it has a bigger volume and a throttle body already attached....

i havent been able to find a reason so yeah.....any info would be great....

regards
jesse
  Send a private message to this user    
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sat, 13 August 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently the Gze manifold is of shit design and it dosnt flow well..... that would be the reason for using the NA manifold I pressume, as well as it been easier to set-up ect...
dont take this as gospel though, this is just my theory behind it.... u may need input from more 4ag gurus on here Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 02:36]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sat, 13 August 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently.... Don't worry about what you READ, just take a bit of a look at one and realise it truly IS pretty ordinary...

But then I probly woodent take ur speling as gosbel eetha...

Razz

http://dictionary.reference.com/
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sun, 14 August 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok Mrshin' fixed the mistakes just to make u happy...., didnt realise this was an english essay with priority spelling.... Rolling Eyes Wink Razz
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sun, 14 August 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol gosbel Laughing

Haven't laughed quite this much in a while Laughing
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sun, 14 August 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noOb question (most likely)...is it possible to remove the on the TVIS intake to completely remove the TVIS plate, and simply bolt the manifold straight to the head? Or is some sort of spacer required?

Yes GZE manifolds appear rather unbalanced.

lol @ gosbel. Laughing looks more like goose bell.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sun, 14 August 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4ageeza wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 10:29

noOb question (most likely)...is it possible to remove the on the TVIS intake to completely remove the TVIS plate, and simply bolt the manifold straight to the head? Or is some sort of spacer required?

There are many arguments to this. Some people have simply bolted the mani straight onto the head. If you do this, you will need both gaskets, tvis and manifold gasket, stuck together to form a decent seal.

Another option is to retain the tvis plate in working order so they'll still open at 4k rpm.

OR you can use the plate but with the butterflies/shaft taken out and the holes welded up. I have gone for this method as i have largish cams (272 deg) i've heard from people with VERY modded 4agtes, that you'll get manifold leaks without the spacer.

Eddie.
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sun, 14 August 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^Yeh alot of people go for that option.

Is there issues with running the TVIS plate with forced induction? People say (as they do best on a forum), that the butterflies can break under too much pressure.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sun, 14 August 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you retain the t-vis (like i beleive the 3sgte has?) you will need it to open at a certain rpm or boost level.

i removed the t-vis butterflys with my 4agte and used the t-vis plate.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sun, 14 August 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Y dont you get one custom made? Rolling Eyes Thats what i did.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sun, 14 August 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Is there issues with running the TVIS plate with forced induction? People say (as they do best on a forum), that the butterflies can break under too much pressure.

It doesn't hurt the 1G's, I can't imagine why the 4AG butterflies would be any weaker.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGTE SETUP Sun, 14 August 2005 21:33 Go to previous message
i removed my t-vis for peace of mind i dont want to have to rebuild my motor prematurley
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sge into KE20?
Next Topic:installing k&n pod filter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:19:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048539638519287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.