Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cal50l
Newcomer

August 2005
wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Sat, 13 August 2005 11:30 Go to next message
having trouble finding the diagram to match the soarer twin turbo motor im putting into my hilux.
The only diagram i can find the pin-out is differnt to the computer that came out of the soarer. It has two lines of wires whereas as the computer from the soarer has for rows of wires in the plugs? can any help me with the proper diagram or maybe a hint on what wires i have to give power and igniton to get it running.
Any help would be much appreciated
  Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Sat, 13 August 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PDF HERE

I'm not sure where I acquired this pdf Confused

Kudos belongs to some fine person for putting it together in the first place Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Sun, 14 August 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Wilbo. That would be me!

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 21:58]

wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Mon, 15 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 07:57

Thanks Wilbo. That would be me!

You are a GUN! Very Happy

Cheers
Wilbo
cal50l
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Mon, 15 August 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes thanks for the diagram!

i wired in the power like it said in the diagram but i still cant get the bloody thing to start. all the earths are wired in, the injetors ignitor coils etc all have power but will not seem to start? also the fuel pump relay outputs are not giving a trigger? Wouldn't happen to know if theres any other wires that i need to connect.
any info would be very helpfull
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Mon, 15 August 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, not much I can do for you over the net. Can you test the ecu in a running car so at least you know it's ok?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Tue, 16 August 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cal50l wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 00:49

yes thanks for the diagram!

i wired in the power like it said in the diagram but i still cant get the bloody thing to start. all the earths are wired in, the injetors ignitor coils etc all have power but will not seem to start? also the fuel pump relay outputs are not giving a trigger? Wouldn't happen to know if theres any other wires that i need to connect.
any info would be very helpfull

The fuel pump output from the ECU is meant to goto the Fuel Pump ECU (yes JZZ30's run a Fuel Pump ECU... Razz).

I'm not sure what output the ECU gives to the fuel pump ECU, so to start the engine it may be best to just wire the fuel pump to run off ign/crank Smile

It's just a normal engine, trouble shooting is still going to involve fuel/spark...seeing as the spark is something that you really don't touch on the 1JZ, I suspect you're have a problem with fuel!

Try and pull the diagnostic codes from the engine (search if you don't know how...). I believe that if you don't have the Fuel Pump ECU hooked up you should get code 78...

Cheers
Wilbo
cal50l
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Tue, 16 August 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the computer is ok the half cut fired up before it got stripped. fuel pump ecu? shit eh none of these problems wiring up nissan motors!! do u think its possible that not having the auto g/box plugs hooked up could cause it not to start?
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Tue, 16 August 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check basics

fuel comin out of return line

spark

air

injectors

if it has these it should start

alot of people say they check these roughly but best way to test is with noid light and spark plug tester

try runnin it on aerostart if its fuel problem

its my best diagnosing tool for when engines wont start

tells u if its fuel related or something else

stop askin us and go try and see if u got these otherwise we dont know where to tell u where to look

a car wont start due to a million reasons
i get idiots over the phone and try to explain things but they always lie to u about whats wrong and i say it could be many things

anyway check these things and it should start if it has all of them
cal50l
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Thu, 18 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not getting fuel but is getting spark
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Thu, 18 August 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are you located good sir?

More than likely you have not got the electronics properly sorted for the fuel delivery system. If you have no 12Vdc power output to the fuel pump - start going backwards from there.
# is the fuel pump wire connected to the relevant relay/computer
# is that relay or computer operating?
# is the outputs from the ECU controlling that relay/computer connected and giving the right signals?
# Do you have all the correct components installed and wired for the fuel system? (ie - fuel computer etc)

If you are still stuck, based on your location i can posisbly recommend some help.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Thu, 18 August 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure that you have power to the injectors? One pin of the injectors should have +battery voltage when IGN/Crank is on, the other end is grounded via the ECU.

Check with a multimeter?

Also as others have said, fuel pump...you should be able to disconnect he return line and get fuel coming out Smile So that is easy to check.

Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Thu, 18 August 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is the car

u can pay me to come do the job properly Smile

i did a 1j today in a cressida and started first go

cal50l
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Thu, 18 August 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finally got it going tonite. Missed one wire in the loom but it runs sweet now. thanks for the replies. just one final problem wiring in the alternator to get it charging. does anybody no what pin does what on the back of the alternator plug( three in a loom <white, black/yellow and blue/green> i think. i assume one is the dash light, one ignition and maybe another constant power?

SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Thu, 18 August 2005 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow: considering i was playing with the loom in mine the other day, if you figured all that ass out in a day, you are a freak Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Thu, 18 August 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the nippon denso sticker it will acctually have a little picture showing which pin is which!

[L] = charge light.
[S] = voltage sense (battery)
[Ig] = ignition

How easy is that?
cal50l
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: wiring up 1jz-gte into hilux Fri, 19 August 2005 07:50 Go to previous message
cheers wired up alternator and its charing like a demon!

took the car for a spin today it goes like shit! wtf is goin on? its boosting 7psi but it doesnt go very fast. standard soarer kills it. It has a big front mount pumps 3inch exhaust with customs dumps????any ideas is the computer in limp mode or something?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Clutch Swapping
Next Topic:ae86-bigport 4age- need mapsensor- will ae82 work??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:25:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054829120635986 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.