Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » 2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos (Non Standard)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
taitran
Regular

April 2005
2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos (Non Standard) Sun, 14 August 2005 04:07 Go to next message
2JZGTE twin CT20a turbos setup, includes manifold , oil lines etc.
Internal wastegate , minimal shaft play, excellent condition.
Produced 290 rwkws at 16 psi.

Pick-up Melbourne.

$1500 ono ,welcome for inspection.

Tai Tran

[Updated on: Sat, 20 August 2005 12:10]

Send a private message to this user    
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Wed, 17 August 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump!!

Offers???
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Wed, 17 August 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to break the news, but the 2J turbo don't command anything like thyat kind of cash. Check the SupraForum to see what they go for.
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Wed, 17 August 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but these are a custom setup with 2002 Aristo turbos, larger in size and power capable than what the standard CT12's are.

And yes these are on Supraforums.com, with great interest at this price. Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 20 August 2005 08:06]

JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Thu, 18 August 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the difference with 2002 Aristo turbo's compared to the Supra CT20A's?
I saw some questions on SupraForum, but we are still trying to work out what is different with these turbo's.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 05:50]

Burningboy
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Thu, 18 August 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Specs?

taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Thu, 18 August 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure of the specs but CT20's dont come off JZA80 supras .

The CT20s have larger turbine and compressor housing, steel wheels etc, and can handle more boost than the standard ones.

Cheers .
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Thu, 18 August 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taitran wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:18

Not sure of the specs but CT20's dont come off JZA80 supras .

That may be true of US and Euro spec JZA80 Supras, but all Japanese Domestic Market JZA80 Supras were released with CT20 serquential turbos. Same turbos on 2JZGTE JDM Aristos as well.

Post a few clear pics and all will be revealed/obvious.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 11:39]

taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Sat, 20 August 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[/quote]
That may be true of US and Euro spec JZA80 Supras, but all Japanese Domestic Market JZA80 Supras were released with CT20 serquential turbos. Same turbos on 2JZGTE JDM Aristos as well.
[/quote]

This is untrue as the aristo has turbos that have steel wheels not ceramic like the supras. These turbos were today put side by side with the standard turbos, are are much larger in size than the CT12's.

The JDM supras do not come with CT20's as i have seen many supras turbos that all say 'CT12' while this Aristo turbo says 'CT20'

[Updated on: Sat, 20 August 2005 08:36]

taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Sat, 20 August 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/6942/p08200830591gn.jpg

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2149/p08200830440kr.jpg

These are the best pics i can get atm.
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos Sat, 20 August 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taitran wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 18:35

This is untrue as the aristo has turbos that have steel wheels not ceramic like the supras. These turbos were today put side by side with the standard turbos, are are much larger in size than the CT12's.

The JDM supras do not come with CT20's as i have seen many supras turbos that all say 'CT12' while this Aristo turbo says 'CT20'[/b]

So Toyota either made a special set of turbos for your engine or they have been modified since leaving the factory?
The only JDM Supras with CT12's were MKIIIs with different/smaller engines...

Only factory steel turbine wheels on a 2JZ-GTE were on Export/US/Euro market spec JZA80 Supras - both JDM Supra and Aristo spec 2JZGTEs have identical turbos with ceramic turbine wheels.
Are you selling a pair of CT20B as per the post title or CT20A as per the casting on the compressor housing in the pics?

Anyway, good luck with identifying/justifying what you have and selling it.
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos Sat, 20 August 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To tell you the truth im not really sure, because all i know is that these are not standard as i have 2 2JZGTEs at the workshop and these turbos are different. I was told that these are CT20b's with CT20a compressor. They are visibly bigger in size.

[Updated on: Sat, 20 August 2005 12:19]

R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos Sun, 21 August 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok being a jza80 owner i can definately tell you these arent standard turbo's as the supra comes standard with twin ceramic wheeled ct12's
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos Sun, 21 August 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R-jay wrote on Sun, 21 August 2005 10:36

ok being a jza80 owner i can definately tell you these arent standard turbo's as the supra comes standard with twin ceramic wheeled ct12's

Exactly thank you, Ive been tring to explain this to 'Manny' for a long time. As there are many JZA80's that i have compared it with.

My brother just verified that these are not Aristo turbos they are ST205 Celica GT4 stell wheeled turbos on a modified JZA80 manifold.
R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos Sun, 21 August 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would explain it. I was actually doing a little research to find what standard toyota used ct20's. Turns out the late gen 3s' used them.... my guess would have been the st205 (now confirmed) and the last gen mr2 turbo's.

thinking about it, a pair of these would flow nicely for some serious power.
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos Sun, 21 August 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote/] thinking about it, a pair of these would flow nicely for some serious power.[/quote]

Exactly right these turbos ahve great potential and recorded almost 300kw at wheels at 16-17 psi on a standard engine with slight mods like exhaust,filter,etc. Can post dyno sheets to prove.

[Updated on: Sun, 21 August 2005 08:20]

Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos Sun, 21 August 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Ive been tring to explain this to 'Manny' for a long time. "

Tai
Quit playing games - you've now ammended the post title and your posts to match your new story.

"2JZGTE twin CT20b turbos" now "2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos (Non Standard)"

"2002 Aristo turbos"

You initially claimed to be selling stock Aristo CT20B turbos which are larger than Supra and steel wheeled - I highlighted to you this was not the case as Aristo turbos are identical in size and construction to JDM Supra turbos which are ceramic.

"My brother just verified that these are not Aristo turbos they are ST205 Celica GT4 stell wheeled turbos on a modified JZA80 manifold."

So what "your brother" has confirmed is exactly what I suggested, that these are NOT standard Aristo turbos but in fact are modified/custom turbos!!

" i have seen many supras turbos that all say 'CT12' "

Since you've made this statement, would you or R-Jay for that matter, care to throw up a picture of a JDM 2JZGTE Supra with a pair of CT12B turbos? I call misinformed bullshit - you've been on too many yank Supra forums!

Like I said, good luck with the sale!

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos (Non Standard) Sun, 21 August 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST205 turbos dont have any writing on them. They are essentially a CT26 high flowed. Not a ct20.
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: 2JZGTE twin CT20 turbos (Non Standard) Sun, 21 August 2005 23:53 Go to previous message
I can't get over the fact that they say they are CT20A's on the housing, which is whats on my 2JZ-GTE and on my spare set from a 2J Aristo, and I got those for $300 including the hard piping.
So if anybody is claiming these are anything but a CT20A (I've heard CT20B and CT26 to name a few) the only way you'll be able to tell what mods have been done to them, if any, is by taking it to a turbo shop and get them to pull them apart and tell you what compressor and turbine wheels thay have, and guarantee this for the buyer.
Otherwise they look like a set of $300 CT20A's to me.
The EGCV vale is in a different location than normal on the exhaust after the dump, but the pics don't show enough of the dumps or exhaust to shed any mor light on the setup.
If you want an offer I think you'll need more pics at a minimum.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corolla SX Gearbox $100 (SYD)
Next Topic:4-2-1 2tg/2t extractors/2.25" full exhaust system
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 02:28:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086109638214111 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.