Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What to Do??? (evil thourghts)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 00:25 Go to next message
My brother has decided to bugger off O/S for a month to live it up in Ibiza and the like and whilst he is away has left his Supra in my care (for want of a better word)

Now... whilst my brother loves this car to bits I have always been the driving force about what happens in terms of modifications.

ie. Origonally he wanted a Statesman, I found him a Supra and made him buy it.
When the 7M BHG, he wanted to give it to someone to make it go again. I found a JZA70 front cut for a conversion and made him buy it.

This car is like the car I always wanted that sits in garage for the occaional drive gets modified the way I like and I don't pay for it.

Whilst it is in my care(?) I'm very tempted to 'play' with it a little, and I'm looking for ideas of what to do.

Boosting it seems very high on the cards....
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift or track day my friend muhuahhahahahahaha Evil or Very Mad
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evil bastard!

Seems like you've never driven it? you'll get over it. old mans been gone for awhile now and i've been tempted to throw money on his car that I use for now. But realised petrol suxs Laughing
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've driven it a few times after he first got it and after the conversion, I've never spent "quality" time with it so here is my chance.

One catch... It can't end up faster than my car(s)

...this is not allowed
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I'd rather throw around a GE86 than a JZA70
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do the IC, boost and a full exhaust

enjoy your 200rwkw and just make sure your brother doesnt smash it when he gets back Laughing
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remote controlled boost controller, just incase he ever wants to race ya, just set it back to stock Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 10:41

I've driven it a few times after he first got it and after the conversion, I've never spent "quality" time with it so here is my chance.

One catch... It can't end up faster than my car(s)

...this is not allowed

take it to as manyt track days and drag nights as you can and make up a nice portfolio.. then leave it on his bed when he gets back Razz
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do some speed camera runs and he can get off them as he's overseas! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
whyte
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Fri, 12 August 2005 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sad, stick to your own car..
if you wanted that car and mod it the way you want then why dont you end up getting one then?
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Sat, 13 August 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I do enjoy throwing the GE86 around but it is off the road getting some work done to reaffirm it as fastest car in the family. The reason I have the Supra.

Boosting... This will happen.

A trip to WSID is on the cards...

I might even get around to fixing the stuff I'm supposed to fix on it... Rolling Eyes
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Sat, 13 August 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tyres. Evil or Very Mad

Put the current ones in the garage and destroy another set Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Sat, 13 August 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG I can't believe what you're thinking!

This is like his girlfriend!
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Sat, 13 August 2005 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 01:15

OMG I can't believe what you're thinking!

This is like his girlfriend!

It did say evil thoughts.

I haven't even gotten started Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
abnormalia
Newcomer

August 2005

Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Sat, 13 August 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wish I had the money to all that.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Sun, 14 August 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Decided this morning that I had to see what all the supra ra ra is about. Sooooo.... I went drivies. and put the Supra through its paces...

First phase of testing, a nice cruise out to windsor, Straight line driving, Few lights, now know its quicker than an SS commo, but not quicker than R34 Skyline.( this must be fixed )

2nd phase... conering... Putty rd no traffic Hmmmmm corners well, by no means nimble but it sticks at signposted speeds. (made note of that 35 corner for return trip) Decided that nothing needed to be done to suspension that a good set of tyres couldn't fix.

3rd phase... Attention getting... pulled up at servo where I was to U-turn and head back to Noted 35 corner. Drove into servo where a group of people were gathered both male and female. with aero top off pulled up jumped out grabed bottle of coke and jumped back in. Had 1 girl point as I idled out, but that was about it, did not attain the attention i was after, somthing there needs to be done. Either that or bikies just don't like Supras. Confused

4th phase... that 35 corner... And the question of Can Supras Drift???? Short answer ...NO. (and there will be none of this "A Good Tradesman never blames his tools" crap because my other car is a Sprinter!!!!!!11111

So after an exhastive day of testing it was found the following needs work....

Acceleration...... Needs More...
Handling.......... Needs Tyres... (at least does now)
Attention......... Needs More... (looks at flouresent lights in corner)
Drifting.......... Lost Cause
Ful sik Skids..... Cool

Have decided to take Oldcorollas portfoilo idea further and create a photo trail of the supras antics, Much like people do when they steal garden Knombs and send the owners back photos from over seas. Would like some photochopers to assist with more stirring ideas..
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Sun, 14 August 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you really want to piss him off just do as many k's as you can with no maintenence.

I once left the keys to a car I owned in the possesion of a friend I had known about a year (he was my flatmate at uni), It was 100k's overdue for a service and I left him the keys when I had to go home over the holidays since the car would be left outside and it frequently hails in Toowoomba, He also asked me if he could use it for 1 night to take his GF out to dinner(I said ok).

When I got back I found he'd done 3000km in 4 weeks!!!!!!, cost me like $1500 just to pass rego again as he'd worn out the brake drums and lots of other things through thrashing it. I then had to sell te car to recoup the cost.

needless to say I am no longer friends with him, though he still can't understand why I "hold a grudge"!!!.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to Do??? (evil thourghts) Mon, 15 August 2005 01:57 Go to previous message
Lambolica wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 17:59

4th phase... that 35 corner... And the question of Can Supras Drift???? Short answer ...NO. (and there will be none of this "A Good Tradesman never blames his tools" crap because my other car is a Sprinter!!!!!!11111

Hehe sounds like you really got some plans there, at the last ida drift day some guys turned up in a Maroon JZA70 and drifted it mainly power over but still cool, and man did it smoke em up.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Turkey BOV
Next Topic:2A with no guts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:56:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045950412750244 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.