Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Celicas in the snow Mon, 04 July 2005 23:38 Go to next message
Attention Hot doggers and Ski bunnies, after much persuasion I've convinced Mitch and Phil to schedule a ski trip into the CCG calendar. Now that
time is fast approaching, so start saving those pennies. You won't need a working car, just a lift to the bus station for this one.

The deals so far...

On the 13th of August - Saturday - we'll take a Lever coach Ski package to Thredbo for $130 pp (or $148 for snowboarding). Payment will have to be up-front by the 1st August to secure our booking.

This includes Bus travel (a saving of about $50 worth of petrol), park entry (normally $20), ski ticket (normally $80), and ski/snowboard hire (boots poles and skis, normally $70-$80). Overall a saving of $90.

Lever Bus' will also supply a beginner group lesson for people who want one for an extra $51pp, this can be pre-booked so hopefully we can all get together in one class and have a good chuckle.

The only thing missing is some warm (dry) clothes. The outdoor centre in Philip will do pants and a jacket for $30 but with a group discount we can get them for $24; or if you want to be a bit more fashion conscious $34 from Inski.

So the grand total will be $181 (or $130 if you want the clothes) per person or $211 with a lesson and all the trimmings. I know it's a lot more than people are used to paying, but with plenty of pre-warning I'm sure you can save up some cash for an awesome day in the snow!

The Bus can pick us up from various location across Canberra (both North and South) but we will need to notify them to come and get us. More in-depth details will be given when you book.

If you want more information or have any question please contact me on 0421 779 885 or sebastian@whitephoenix.com.au

See you all on the slopes!
Seb

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 04:01]

Send a private message to this user    
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Tue, 05 July 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Seb, sounds exciting! I'll be doing my darndest to make it to this one!

I may just be blind, but I don't see a date. When will this wonderous event be taking place?

Thanks,

Trent
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Tue, 05 July 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The date is Saturday 13 August.

Seb, you can count me in.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 21:57]

trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Tue, 05 July 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Phil.

Although I had a bit of trouble seeing the date in your reply also, could you maybe make it a little bit larger, and maybe a little brighter?

Trent Cool
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Tue, 05 July 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoops.... my mistake Rolling Eyes Date has been attached to the original message

S
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Tue, 05 July 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm I can't see for shite they can't do board hire for that price too can they? i wouldn't mind giving that a go,
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Wed, 06 July 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Lynden, they do do snowboarder packages, but like all things that become popular they cost a little more. The cost of the snowboarding package is $140 plus the cost of clothing hire and any lessons.

#Tip# if you want to try snow boarding bring some padding for your ass and have some wrist guards Wink

Cheers
Seb
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Thu, 07 July 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm how can I justify this as a business trip........
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Celicas in the snow Fri, 08 July 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easy there are business up there you only have to see a couple of owners and all justified Very Happy
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Fri, 08 July 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok peeps, please don't hurt me but I've just talked to the bus company and due to circumstances beyond my control we're gonna have to move the date to the August the 13th.

Also would people be happier going to Perisher or Thredbo. There are some differences in price for snowboarding and lessons, but the ski package is still the same?
(do you want me to list all the pros and cons?)

cheers
Seb
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 11 July 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Count me in. I cant ski but who cares...ill have a go at anything!
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 11 July 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just watch your footing mitch, we don't want you to slip over and need to be rushed to the hospital again Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing

I think I'll be missing this event, I am no good at the snow
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 11 July 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might fit into my wrist guards, if you're feeling daunted Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 11 July 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seb if hes gonna take them he may also need to go buy some elbow pads, since thats the problem areas Laughing Laughing
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Tue, 12 July 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very funny lads!

Just because I went arse over when fishing on rocks with you guys does NOT mean that Ill do the same on snow....anyway I will look forward to a few weeks off recovering anyway....so....Ha!!!!
Cheers
Mitch
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Fri, 22 July 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To help everyone who hasn't bee to the snow I thought I'd outline some tips and tricks for surviving the snow...

1. Bring a warm change of clothes for the bus ride home.
2. Food is ridiculously expensive (I'm talking $4.50 for a cup of chips). So bring some sandwiches or other lunch to bring the cost down. Also Fruit bars, muesli bars, chocolate bars and other snacks are great to keep in your pocket to help keep the energy up during the day.
3. Bring a thermos of boiling water and a few packets of 'cup-o-soup', for the bus ride home. Really helps to warm and refresh.
4. Upon arriving at the snow, get to the ski hire depot as soon as you can as with several busses arriving this can get busy and delay the time it takes to get your gear and get on the snow.
5. Bring an extra pair of socks for the ski boots as this can make the difference between a 'good fit' and a 'good comfy fit'.
6. Make sure you bring a pair of sun glasses to protect your eyes from the glare. Polarised are best but not essential.
7. Bring gloves, beanies and scarves if you have them.
8. Bring sunscreen and chapstick for your face.

and the most important of all

9. Do not eat the yellow snow!

Cheers
seb

ps. Any one interested in going who hasn't confirmed please let me know so we can make sure there is enough seats on the bus for us all.

pps.please make sure if you want to come along that all monies are paid to Phil E before the 1st of August

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 02:31]

ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Fri, 22 July 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should organise a trip in summer as well. I used to live up there for 4 years and there are some mad driving roads up there.
being a local meant i could skip most of the snow tax Razz
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 25 July 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Everyone, just a confirmation for all you peeps wanting to go snowboarding; the cost for Thredbo is $148 (Perisher is $165). so it's only $18 more expensive. Also can I get an idea on how many people are going to want a lesson ($51 2hour begginer lesson)? We will need to pre book these too and the sooner we can do that the more likely we are to get a place.

cheers
Seb

PS. only 19 more sleeps till we go to the snow!!!!
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 25 July 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Everyone, just a confirmation for all you peeps wanting to go snowboarding; the cost for Thredbo is $148 (Perisher is $165). so it's only $18 more expensive. Also can I get an idea on how many people are going to want a lesson ($51 2hour begginer lesson)? We will need to pre book these too and the sooner we can do that the more likely we are to get a place.

cheers
Seb

PS. only 19 more sleeps till we go to the snow!!!!
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 25 July 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Seb
I am coming either way (any excuse is a good excuse) but is it cheaper if I bring my own skis?

Cheers
YGT

P.S. I won’t need a lesson
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Wed, 27 July 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Return bus fare is $62 and a day ticket is $87, total=$149. With the package only costing $130 your better off taking the package. This doesn't mean that you have to take the ski hire. You just take the package, bring your own gear and get your ticket from the bus driver like the rest of us... Does that makes sense? I'm having a dislexic day
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Fri, 29 July 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Updating - Reminding - Advising - Cajoling - Suggesting -

OK snow bunnies...(or just bunnies), its now time to commit to the event so all those who are interested in going please confirm NOW by email and arrange to get the money to any of us listed below.

OPTIONS ARE -
- Ski or board (pay the correct price according to what you want to do -
$130 skiers or $148 boarders).
- Lesson or no lesson ($51 or $0)
- Clothes have been negotiated with INSKI (32 Botany St Phillip 2606 - 6281 0087) for a group discount ($31.50). You will need to be fitted and picked up the day before (we can even organise a group meeting Friday afternoon to get everyone together at the one time if necessary).

PAYMENT IS DUE THIS MONDAY, so please get the $$$ to us this WE or on Monday at the latest!

Seb - 0421779885
Phil - 0412699144
Mitch - 0408994410

(PS. I cant ski at all so will be trying Boarding for a laugh (may even have a lesson too!), so dont feel like you cant come if you cant ski as I think half of us will just be having a day at the snow - Mitch)
Cheers
Chairman Seb and your Snow Committee!

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 04:47]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Fri, 29 July 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22_3TG wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 14:45

(PS. I cant ski at all so will be trying Boarding for a laugh (may even have a lesson too!), so dont feel like you cant come if you cant ski as I think half of us will just be having a day at the snow - Mitch)

HAHAHA well in that case you better get elbow pads mitch Laughing you have trouble balencing on a slight slope on solid ground, how are you gonna balence on a slippery slope Laughing Laughing Razz

haha you know I am only jealous Razz Laughing
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Fri, 29 July 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah yeah. Just cos I went arse over on the rocka at Moruya and split my arm open when fishing with you buggers does not mean O cant learn to snow board like a champ with NO practice!

So why arent you coming....bit scared are we eh??????
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Fri, 29 July 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22_3TG wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 22:20

So why arent you coming....bit scared are we eh??????

Yes Rolling Eyes ... I fear the awsome powah of 'the Mitch' Laughing Laughing like who doesn't Freak hehehe

I'm from QLD mate, I have never heard of the snow, what is this white stuff ??? Rolling Eyes Confused Laughing
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Sun, 31 July 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, people, today is the deadline for paying up if you want to come along. So if you haven't emailed Mitch, Phil or myself to say you want to come along you'd beter do it RIGHT NOW as we are locking in our booking and you may miss out if you're too slow.

If you have booked your seat I will be sending out you the final details soon.

cheers
Seb
(0421 779 885)

[Updated on: Sun, 31 July 2005 22:55]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Wed, 10 August 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I am set, I no longer need to go to the snow, I had my share of it today Laughing Laughing Laughing

sorry I had to say somthing the ACT section has been quite for far too long Very Happy
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Wed, 10 August 2005 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the snow was awesome when I had to walk around and lock up the nursing home....
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Sun, 14 August 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

Just a quick note regarding the snow trip.

I had an absolute blast. Never skied before and never laughed at myself so much.

A HUGE thank you to Sebastian for organising the whole thing and answering all the dumb and pathetic questions that I kept throwing at him.

A very special thanks to Phil Law for spending the whole day with me and helping me to get some form of balance on two thin peices of foreign material that were strapped to my feet. Phil's patience, guidance and encouragment was fantastic and I greatly appreciate Phil for the continued laughter (at me) that just made the day a whole lot more enjoyable.

I, for one, will definately be going again.

Hope to cath you all at the cruise day to the Coast to catch up with the TOYMODS members.

Stay tuned for further details.

Phil

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 22:28]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Sun, 14 August 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is Mitch ok?

did he make it back alive? or maybe with a stitch or 2? or maybe a cast? Laughing Laughing

joking Razz
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 15 August 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Read on Joel...you were correct mate...

I second Phils comments. Hear hear!!(maybe 5th) Congrats to Seb for organising such a fantastic day (how did you get the great weather!). I now feel guilty as hell for bagging the whole skiing concept over the last 30 years! Bugger Skiing tho.....I LOVE BOARDING!!!!!!

Due to the spray of people all over the place how about we work out how to meet up at lunch next time (yes you read correctly) so we can have a laugh at our stories and then hitout for the arvo.

Thanks also to Casey and Tim who gave me the 'pre lesson' as they taught me heaps more than I got in the proper lesson (instructor was very disinterested with my group). It was so much fun with your instructions, Sebs wrist guards (thanks again) and advice so I was boarding down the 'green' slope like a lunatic!

So August next year for another formal CCG Ski/Board trip...you betcha!

Phil and I will call a Beer Oclock soon so we can all compare war stories...and yes I am REALLY SORE (bruises, skin off, bleeding and a black toe nail) and I still want to go boarding again.

RANT OVER...

Cheers

Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 15 August 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha gold mitch Very Happy Laughing

well last time I went boarding the worst I got was sore feet for a few days, do you know they don't make snow board boots, or ski boots in my foot size? Surprised so they got a bit squished in Mad Laughing
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Celicas in the snow Mon, 15 August 2005 05:15 Go to previous message
Email from Snow Dude Tim to fellow Snow Dudes....
Translated by Snow Dude Casey for old farts like Phil and I....

Here's a quick attempt::
Phat props go ta 'Shreddin' Seb, for giggin the fully schwank day, 'n' 'Fancy Pants' Casey for finally helpin Ol' Pops Mitch stomp on his stick!

>> Hearty congratulations go to Sebastian, who is rather handy with a snowboard, for organising such an enjoyable day. Also,
congratulations are due to Casey, whose pants were quite fancy, for assisting Mitch, who is older than 30, in learning to snowboard.

Too bad some of us didn't get to eyeball him blastin' dookies in the fesh pow pow, or fly-swattin' the white cord over in Blue-to-tha-Cow! There always next sesh!

>> It is a jolly shame that some people did not get to see him doing so well at snowboarding in the fresh powder, or unknown colourful colloquialism used to describe snowboaring activity on Blue-Clow mountain. There is, however, always next year to view this spectacle.

Nice work 'Airdog' Damo, the two-planker shreddin' seriously sick hangtime, narrowly avoiding a dope fraggle comin' towards the end of our huckfest, and 'Snow Bunny' Em, despite denying us the pleasure of the Phil-suggested bunny suit.

>> Well done to Damien, who is quite adept in the field of aerial acrobatics, the skiier who was noted to be partaking in some particularly impressive jumps. He also managed to avoid another person, whose lack of coordination and acumen was their most prevailent trait, at the end of the day. Also well done to Emma, who is a woman of class and beauty, partial to the snowwy climates, even though she did not entertain the idea, put forward by Phillip, of wearing a novelty costume representing a personified rabbit.

And finally the beat hire-guys, who somehow managed to 'quip up my board ducky... not that I even picked it for half the blue-bird day! must be coz i'm still a Herb! hey... i can still bizatch about it!

>> And finally, I feel i must sarcastically give praise to the
>> gentle-folk at the Hire counter who setup my equipment in a manner that was sorely lacking talent... I, however, did not realise their faux-pas until halfway throughout the day. This must be due to the fact that I am still a relative newcomer... Oh well... I can still compain loudly about it.

Great day had by all... look forward to next year!

>> A great day was had by all... I am looking forward to next year.

peace out driftaz!

>> Farewell members of the snow-sports culture.

Casey

>>> Timbro 15/08/2005 2:04 pm >>>
"Can you now put that down in English, please."

IN SHORT...WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY!!!!
Cheers
Mitch & Phil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CCG BEER OCLOCK - 7pm Tuesday 23 August 2005 - Ainslie Footy Club.
Next Topic:CCG Track Day - Wakefield 'NO SPEED LIMIT DAY' - WEDNESDAY 20 July 2005
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:02:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006572961807251 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.