Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
external wastegate size selection Sun, 14 August 2005 09:55 Go to next message
Hi,

I am about to buy an external gate, to be used on a Garret T60, and I want to know what size gate to buy. I want to run between 14-25 psi stably with the help of an Apexi ACV-R. Also can anyone suggest a make or place to buy from. I have seen some HKS/TRAIL/JUN copies on Ebay, are these complete pooh?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: external wastegate size selection Sun, 14 August 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cant help with sizing, but there are genuine 38mm Tial gates on Ebay US for $200 US. Can't get anything close in Australia.

This is what i'll be going for shortly.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: external wastegate size selection Sun, 14 August 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
38 tial will do the job
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: external wastegate size selection Mon, 15 August 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason you need a bigger wastegate is for controlling low boost ie. if you have a tiny wastegate then you will reach a point where it can't flow any more air and the air will go through the turbo and create more boost. So if you are planning on running a minimum of 14psi, I would also recommend a 38mm wastegate.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: external wastegate size selection Mon, 15 August 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recommend the paul stanek 45mm wastegate.

they are of great build quality and flow well, i have rock solid boost control whether im running 14 psi on the street or 22 at the track, my turbo is more than capable of 35psi.

as chris said the olwer the boost you want the bigger the wastegate you'll need as you need to draw gas away from the turbo.

i can vouch for after sales service on the paul stanek, i had a valve stick from using c16 and not driving the car for ages, he paid postage to him , he fixed it and then sent it back at his cost.

i purchased mine through RX engineering.

Shane
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: external wastegate size selection Mon, 15 August 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys.

1JZ.747, do you have any contact info or website for the paul stanek gear you speak of?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: external wastegate size selection Mon, 15 August 2005 06:25 Go to previous message
rx engineering

02 49 661235

as jamboree is closing in fast they are flat chat and may not answer the phone, leave a message and they will call back.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Original tyre size for ae92 Levin GTZ?
Next Topic:ST185 GT4 Celica Tyre Sizings
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 01:53:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006486177444458 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.