Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Radiator for 1ggte?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DRAG-DIS
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Radiator for 1ggte? Mon, 15 August 2005 06:24 Go to next message
Hi people,
im doing a conversion, a 1ggte into a 1995 hilux. Everything is sorted, in a couple of months I will have it on the road.

Just wondering do people think the standard hilux radiator would be able to cool the 1ggte appropriately?

I have done conversions with fj20's and sr20's and stuff into small cars and always changed and used a sss pulsar radiator (thin and works well) and might try one of these?

any other ideas? or non expensive ideas for a raiator to suit?

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 06:26]

Send a private message to this user    
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Mon, 15 August 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd take the standard radiator to a radiator place, and get it triple cored, then your sure that it'll be just spiffing...
DRAG-DIS
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Mon, 15 August 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any ideas on cots of that, i have to get the end tanks changed over anyway, so if id do this it might add up?
DRAG-DIS
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Mon, 15 August 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any ideas on cots of that, i have to get the end tanks changed over anyway, so if id do this it might add up?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Mon, 15 August 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used a standard RA60 radiator for a while, but it couldn't cope in summer.

Since the double-core went in, it's been fine.

No idea on prices. Sorry.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Mon, 15 August 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine cost 270 with my own end tanks.
Richrider
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Mon, 15 August 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The standard radiator is ok, it was designed for a 2.4 ltr motor in a commercial vehicle.
Toyospares when doing this converson just use the standard radiator and just resolder the radiator core forward for clearence for the motor.
PS what engine mounts are you using? Have any photos to post?
DRAG-DIS
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Mon, 15 August 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im using custom engine mounts with custom sump, and a bellhousing from the us linking up to a standard hilux 5 speed.

My original motor in the hilux was a 1.8, is that the same as one from 2.4 motor? and it should do?
Richrider
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Tue, 16 August 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you post a few pix of the radiator??? I can tell you if it is the same as mine>
Rich
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Tue, 16 August 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRAG-DIS wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 08:28

im using custom engine mounts with custom sump, and a bellhousing from the us linking up to a standard hilux 5 speed.

You bought a bellhousing from the US to mate a 1G to a W5x, when you can buy them fairly easilly here?!
SIKPUPY
Occasional Poster

June 2004

Re: Radiator for 1ggte? Tue, 16 August 2005 12:24 Go to previous message
I have a 1ggze in a 85 model 4runner

I am using a 3 core Vl 6 cyl radiator to keep it cool, I havent yet driven it around properly but it certainly does the job, I dont have any fans connected yet and it will idle for an hour without getting hot.

I hear the diesel radiators are a fairly good 3 core radiator and it should do you quite nicely as they use them in the commodore V6 conversions.

Mine is a 11 month project, I hope yours doesnt take that long
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bleeding brakes
Next Topic:st162 overheating going to snow!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 04:20:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055520534515381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.