Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The knock sensor was probably going nuts with all that timing advance and was backing off the timing anyways
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thus far it feels a bit more pokey down low, but feels to loose it up higher, but that could just be my senses today. The thing I hope is it should go a little further on a tank of fuel now.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guys in the mr2act club were bagging out my aw11 drawing in the mag so I drew this one up to shut them up, what do you reckon? took a bit longer than 60sec though, bout 3 min

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/8027/3minsketch4px.th.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 06:01]

MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[/quote]

acutally we made the hunter ran and had a ball Smile just tghe last event and the next one we prettty mcuh cant make as its quite a hike to get to southern sydney for a 9-10am start Razz[/quote]

Oops, my bad! Bit hard to stay on top of things from across the ditch... that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

We used to have a member that came down from Newcastle for everything, and currently have a member from Albion Park who is just as dedicated. Although I do know how hard it is! Its always quite hard to find time.

Scott, I'll try and find some pics of my cars. I've got some on cardomain somewhere, probably under the Evo 7 (Dave and Rach's Evo 7) if you can be bothered looking.

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 15:55

thus far it feels a bit more pokey down low, but feels to loose it up higher, but that could just be my senses today. The thing I hope is it should go a little further on a tank of fuel now.

Haha yeah,I always thought it was a thirsty lil bastard for a 1.6ltr Shocked
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 15:50

Ben,

Love your work...keep those pics coming !!

Wiso,

When i got my car it came from Melbourne.

When i got it registered in NSW it had to get a Blue slip which is a detailed inspection. They cross reference engine numbers chassis numbers etc They also check for modifications outside of the NSW guidlines. As such they checked the engine capacity etc, the wheel size, tyre OD, track ride height etc etc. this all took about 3 hours and cost a packet.

According to the inspector all the mods were with the guidline that dont require an engineers certificate and from the research i have done it all seems to check out OK

they didnt bother you about the pod filter scott???? where is this blue slip place...???
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah wel SC are renowned for that, but I dunno I get about 250km to 32L??? not quite right, although I am in the city and have alot of traffic lightc Evil or Very Mad Hoping it may make about 300km off the 32L
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get about 250km to the tank but i have a broken knock sensor so im hoping the new ecu should improve the afr a bit and bring it back to about 350-400km a tank as i hear that the gze's are supposed to run quite rich ive heard that afr's of 10:1 are normal on the stock ecu and adding an aftermarket ecu and leaning it out to 12:1 will gain you a few ponies.
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Around town I normally get about 13-14 l/100km, have got as good as low 7s on the highway, and into the 30s on the track!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
around town my SC and turbo has always achieved around 300 on every tank. I somehow dont think ill be getting this with the 550cc injectors and my new setup Neutral
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 16:53

around town my SC and turbo has always achieved around 300 on every tank. I somehow dont think ill be getting this with the 550cc injectors and my new setup Neutral

yeah i hear you im putting 540cc ones in mine and i think i can rule fuel economy out unless i use wasted spark and run dual coils
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, Running 20psi around town, hmmmn. i think ill be getting 200 from a tank. But ofcourse it comes down to how you drive. My car will only be for weekends though, thanks to the good old company car.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think im not going to be using 20psi all day just low boost for cruising and 20+ psi for... well you know
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 16:14

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 15:50

Ben,

Love your work...keep those pics coming !!

Wiso,

When i got my car it came from Melbourne.

When i got it registered in NSW it had to get a Blue slip which is a detailed inspection. They cross reference engine numbers chassis numbers etc They also check for modifications outside of the NSW guidlines. As such they checked the engine capacity etc, the wheel size, tyre OD, track ride height etc etc. this all took about 3 hours and cost a packet.

According to the inspector all the mods were with the guidline that dont require an engineers certificate and from the research i have done it all seems to check out OK

they didnt bother you about the pod filter scott???? where is this blue slip place...???

The pod was only a temporary thing and it was not like that when i got it or when it was blue slipped either. At the moment i am using a uni filter in the original enclosure.

As far as fuel goes best was driving it home from melboure, averaged 6 litres per 100 ks over 2 tanks Very Happy so was very happy about that, worst tank was 220 ks for 30 litres Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

So yes it very much depends how you drive !!!!!!!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough yeah i think i might make an enclosure for my air filter just to get one defectable thing in my car off the list
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 16:19

i get about 250km to the tank but i have a broken knock sensor so im hoping the new ecu should improve the afr a bit and bring it back to about 350-400km a tank as i hear that the gze's are supposed to run quite rich ive heard that afr's of 10:1 are normal on the stock ecu and adding an aftermarket ecu and leaning it out to 12:1 will gain you a few ponies.

350 to 400ks from a tank Laughing Laughing Laughing

that sounds extreeeeeeeemly optimistic the way you drive Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

maybe if you put a brick underneath the accelerator pedal Laughing Laughing Laughing

or maybe you could lean it out to about 20:1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sorry i am in a bit of a stupid mood ATM ....our baby just does not seem to want to come into this world !!! it now 9 days overdue !!! Confused

how is the car going Martin, any word when you will get it back ??
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 19:24

4agte wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 16:19

350 to 400ks from a tank Laughing Laughing Laughing

that sounds extreeeeeeeemly optimistic the way you drive Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

maybe if you put a brick underneath the accelerator pedal Laughing Laughing Laughing

or maybe you could lean it out to about 20:1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sorry i am in a bit of a stupid mood ATM ....our baby just does not seem to want to come into this world !!! it now 9 days overdue !!! Confused

how is the car going Martin, any word when you will get it back ??

hhahha yeah true my right foot has been a bit lighter since i got booked they other day...

hahah i beat you my baby is 3 weeks overdue and counting the guy is still unwilling to say for certain if it will be ready by friday but my car will be leaving there one way or another on friday finnished or unfinnished i dont think its going to be pretty im sick to death of how lazy this guy is....
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man,

That is really annoying let me know if you want some moral support prob cant help on friday as if the baby is not out by then it shall be extracted Shocked but maybe after that.

on that point i am having about 3 weeks off after the baby is born to get into the fatherly way and all. but i am also going to use the time to get a few thing done on the car and do some talking to people that only seem to work normal business hours.

So if there is anything AW11 related that any of you want me to investigate (pref sydney metro)let me know would be happy to sus it out.

some of the things are:

Coil overs

Wheel repairers

Intercoolers

Turbos

race seats and harness

etc

Also i have been meaning to get to a Toymods meeting, i have made a commitment to Joshtix (rain hail shine) that i will be at the next one, it would be good to see some other AW11s there as well.

I would be keen to have another get together in say about 3 weeks. somewhere in the sydney area. More than happy to have a BBQ at my place if anyone interested. Would be good to get some of the people that missed out last time. maybe go for a spin through the national park down to Stanwell then back to my place or what ever. give me some feedback on what you think

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everything you said there scott sounds good id like to get some info on coil-overs aswell as race seats as im meaning to replace the seats with something fixed back and black i dunno maybee a sparco but it needs to be comfortable...

Yeah i need all the support i can get atm cause ive been pulling my hair out so much this guy has been sending me bald...

Ive got a mate who thinks he can pick me up from work on friday to go pick up my car but hopefully it goes to plan but even once i get it back i will be getting the tunning checked as i dont trust this guy one bit.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 12:31

"steampipe" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You guys crack me up !!! how about some cable ties.....or better still electical tape Laughing Laughing

dont you ever knock steampipe. Mad i've seen heaps of high hp performing cars with steampipe turbo manifolds, and quite a few that are even the good old log type like i have. hell a basic log type of manifold can be used up to ~350hp with the right accessories etc.
stainless bling bling equal length wow.. Rolling Eyes

and dont get me started on cable ties!!!!

Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cable ties have gotten me out of a spot of bother in more than one instance...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 10 August 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are a god send.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 11 August 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feral,

Was having a look on cardomain last night and had a look at some of your work.

Its obvious you love your steam pipe Laughing Laughing Laughing

But seriously i really enjoyed looking at the engine set up on the stand with the hand made inlet and exhaust manifolds.

I can just imaging you sitting down on a chair with a beer in one hand, admiring your handywork Very Happy

As clown said some time ago "damn i wish you lived closer feral"
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 11 August 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it would be better if he lived near us Razz
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 11 August 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would be better if he cracked up "Ferals Metal Craft"and started making manifolds lol Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 11 August 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing i think i will need to learn how to weld better first. Razz

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 11 August 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 10:12

But seriously i really enjoyed looking at the engine set up on the stand with the hand made inlet and exhaust manifolds.

umm.. i only made the turbo manifold, the inlet is just a 4age one, wish i could make something like that though!!! Smile

Quote:

I can just imaging you sitting down on a chair with a beer in one hand, admiring your handywork Very Happy

i sit in a chair with a beer in my hand lots of the time, probably a reason why my gut gets bigger and i dont get anything done.....

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 11 August 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know if anyone has seen this video i watched it a couple of months ago and came across it again sends chills up my spine every time i hear it very wicked noise its a must to have the volume at full

http://grab.orsm.net/php/movies.php?file=update200 50721/f1demo.wmv

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 12:25]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 12 August 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wonder if Scott's baby is on its way he usually has posted something by now and i replied to one of his pm's yesterday afternoon and havent heard anything since..
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 12 August 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They said if it hadnt come by today they were going to induce her, so i'd say it would be all happening by now.... Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 12 August 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet I got my new wheels today, I love them, so much nicer than the previous 14"s, although the 14"s were class, volk racing wheels Very Happy

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/7299/im0011173qo.th.jpg

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/8782/im0011198pn.th.jpg

scott now you can see where I got my avatar from Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 12 August 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 11:40

They said if it hadnt come by today they were going to induce her, so i'd say it would be all happening by now.... Smile

yeah i just remembered him telling me that maybee we can organise a cruise to visit the baby Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 12 August 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 11:55

sweet I got my new wheels today, I love them, so much nicer than the previous 14"s, although the 14"s were class, volk racing wheels Very Happy

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/7299/im0011173qo.th.jpg

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/8782/im0011198pn.th.jpg

scott now you can see where I got my avatar from Laughing

love the work wiso looks the goods not as good as my 80's tri spokes tho Very Happy Razz
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 13 August 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/merchandising/HPG203_275x300.gif

nice Honda GT4 and a Toyota Civic Razz

this was on the front page of ebay today Smile

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SECURITY-CAMERA-Protect-you r-FAMILY-TOYOTA_W0QQitemZ4568364463QQcategoryZ1042 8QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Quote:

SECURITY CAMERA, Protect your " FAMILY & TOYOTA "

[Updated on: Sat, 13 August 2005 08:03]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 13 August 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys just wanting a quick show of hands who is going on the GOR run this year?

I am deffinatly Very Happy

It time to start looking at accomodation booking. It would probably be a bit more fun if we all booked room at the same motel, that way any loners (maybe like me Laughing ) don't choose the wrong motel where no other mr2 owners are staying. Has anyone gone and booked up yet?

here is the page about it http://www.amused.net/~mr2oz/gor2005.htm

let us know what you guys reckon.
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 13 August 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found one!! Smile
1986 Import 108,000 on clock.
Seems very stock except for the wheels as seen in image and some custom paint work.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9492/mr2mk11986whitesilver0vu.th.jpg

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 13 August 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 17:29

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/merchandising/HPG203_275x300.gif

nice Honda GT4 and a Toyota Civic Razz

this was on the front page of ebay today Smile

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SECURITY-CAMERA-Protect-you r-FAMILY-TOYOTA_W0QQitemZ4568364463QQcategoryZ1042 8QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Quote:

SECURITY CAMERA, Protect your " FAMILY & TOYOTA "

hahhaha i dont have any confidence in them now
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 13 August 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for anyone that was wondering its good news from scott its a boy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 13 August 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats scott.. when is he getting his first spanner set Razz

would love to go on the GOR run but its a hint too far for us... and its hard for erin to knock back long weekend work Sad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 13 August 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robbrissy wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 19:23

Found one!! Smile
1986 Import 108,000 on clock.
Seems very stock except for the wheels as seen in image and some custom paint work.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9492/mr2mk11986whitesilver0vu.th.jpg

nice car mate, I love the black roof... I miss mine Sad

4agte will be pissed, they slaughter the 2 tone colour Surprised Laughing

Congrats to scott, I reckon a raising of the beers is in order Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.st-arnaudhouse.co.nz/content/images/32/550x550normal/50_kiwi_sign.jpg

IM BACK!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Ive been in NZ snowboarding for the last 2 weeks. Staying in Queenstown I boarded at Coronet Peak and the Remarkables.

Had a blast and got very drunk! Although there wasnt much snow, but off the beaten track i found some sweet sweet powder. mmm powder...

PS Scott, congrats on the new arrival
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea good stuff Scott, best wishes for future lack of sleep and smelly nappies... Razz

so tell me old, where there any hot kiwi chicks over there??? Evil or Very Mad
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 13:25

yea good stuff Scott, best wishes for future lack of sleep and smelly nappies... Razz

he already posted the best looking one lol Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 20:55

how could they!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DOOOOOOOOOOOOODs,

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes.

Man.....where did the last 3 days go....or for that matter where did the last nine months go !!!!!

We are the proud parents of a baby boy "Guy"

He was over cooked by about 10 days, he obviously liked the conditions inside better than outside Laughing

He was born late Friday night 9 1/2 pounds !! Shocked Shocked Dont know where that came from ? i only weigh 56 kg and Shell was only 50 before getting pregnant.....no wonder he had to find his way out via "C" section Mad

Now i have to start work on a race harness for him so i can strap him into the SC Evil or Very Mad

i have allready taken him for some hot laps around the hospital corridors in his cot and he very much seems to like it Very Happy

Thanks,

Scott

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:11

wiso wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 20:55

how could they!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad

Slaughtering a 2 tone,
In a just world that would be a hangable offence. Wink
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well lads the other week i hit a lump of mud with my a/c condensor heat exchanger, gave it a bit of a bend down the bottom.. Laughing
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6703/heatexchangerbent19ut.th.jpg

even though it still works (well there isnt any leaks), i'm going to start on my ghetto aluminium radiator heat exchanger.
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2199/newheatexch11hh.th.jpghttp://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7668/newheatexch27bf.th.jpghttp://img337.imageshack.us/img337/184/newheatexch39hp.th.jpg
i'll epoxy glue some end bits on the tanks and put in a couple 20mm hose barbs. the front spoiler will be modded to fit as its bigger than the heat exchanger. (need to make the spoiler again anyways).
antstar
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We'll ive just bought boothemans mr2, the yellow one, so im looking forward to some mr2 cruises in victoria.
Will miss the rotor though, it made a nicer sound =\
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 13:25

Not really any hot NZ girls but heaps of hot US and UK girls. Oh and the brazillians omg
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 14 August 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 06:12

Not really any hot NZ girls but heaps of hot US and UK girls. Oh and the brazillians omg

were they loving you ossies Laughing Laughing
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd encourage anyone to get along to the Great Ocean Road weekend. Its a fantastic time along some of the best roads in the country. Some great people and of course cars. I've been on the past 2 and loved each one.

Sad to be missing this year!

Dave
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations Scott.

I hope you're teaching him about the corner apex through the corridors of the hospital!!

Dave
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MOTORKHANAS!!!

Wet skidpan, witches hats, lots of fun.

Just to let some aw11 owners know, there are two motorkhanas at gympie coming up soon. They are held on a wet-concrete skidpan. I've done quite a few of these (about 5), and its really helped me get to know my car more, and get a feel for the effect of the mid-engined layout with low traction. I think its proving to be an advantage over all the rwds there, now I'm getting the hang of it more.

I havn't seen any other mr2s go in these events at all yet.

here are the threads with info on them.

August 28th: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=73161&start=0&rid=9459&S=c48accd99a8 1630d5478a76d0041b55e

Sept 11: less competitive event oganised by Toyota club:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=76579&start=0&rid=9459&S=c48accd99a8 1630d5478a76d0041b55e

cost for either of them is only $25 which is really cheap compared to driver training days and things.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 04:35]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamaw11 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 14:30

MOTORKHANAS!!!

Just to let some aw11 owners know, there are two motorkhanas at gympie coming up soon. They are held on a wet-concrete skidpan. I've done quite a few of these (about 5), and its really helped me get to know my car more, and get a feel for the effect of the mid-engined layout with low traction. I think its proving to be an advantage over all the rwds there, now I'm getting the hang of it more.

August 28th: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=73161&start=0&rid=9459&S=c48accd99a8 1630d5478a76d0041b55e

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=76579&start=0&rid=9459&S=c48accd99a8 1630d5478a76d0041b55e

cost for either of them is only $25 which is really cheap compared to driver training days and things.

I would love to do some of these !!

Bit far away for me to attand tho.

We need to organise one at Eastern Creek...will have to chase up the club, the last one fell through due to insurance i think ????

Dave do you know ?? Grant was still sussing it out last time i spoke to him
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id be keen but my car probably wont be ready for a while so ill have to take out mums car for a workout Laughing Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what i gathered from grant on the hunter valley run and also in this months mag they are *trying* to organise aniother day.. but yeah im definantly keen when its on.. as is erin.

oh and guys.. guess what just arrived at work for me... MR2 STICKERS !!! im going for a spin now to collect them.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wooohoo you will have to wait till thursday for my money damn westpac why cant they pay me 100k a year.....
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 17:02

adamaw11 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 14:30

MOTORKHANAS!!!

I would love to do some of these !!

Bit far away for me to attand tho.

We need to organise one at Eastern Creek...will have to chase up the club, the last one fell through due to insurance i think ????

Dave do you know ?? Grant was still sussing it out last time i spoke to him

Yes... as far as I know it is still on the cards. Its quite difficult to organise with CAMS permits, numbers, costs etc. If it doesn't happen this year (hopefully it will) it will definitely happen next year.

Dave (in exile)
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah cams affiliations has its advantages but you have to organise every event through cams and have it approved by a cams board thing from memory
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 15 August 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
4agte wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 19:15

yeah cams affiliations has its advantages but you have to organise every event through cams and have it approved by a cams board thing from memory

Not quite every event.

Some events we can run without CAMS - eg days at Wakefield as there is separate indemnity insurance there. But most events do need a CAMS permit. Even our regular drives are run under a CAMS permit.

Red tape? Yes
Expense? Yes

Worth it? Absolutely - to protect the committee and members should something go wrong.

Hopefully we will get the skid pan day sorted for this year. (Although I'll be back next year... )

Dave
Pages (84): [ «  <  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:39:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01705002784729 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.