Toymods » General Car Talk » Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as apposed to driving a rwd or awd car on the limit Rolling Eyes If you drive any car on the limit soon enough something is gonna give and your gonna shit yourself.
  Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWD's can be fun, i remember the last time I drove one I was laughing a lot Smile

RWD is my personal favourite, however FWD is good for a laugh.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG rona drifter shut the fuck up !

having owned both and driven both i'd say my driving style suits a rwd car so that's the car i choose.

A alot of my friends will go rwd over fwd anyday aswell.
i know 1 person who will never buy rwd car but he is REALLY quick in his fwd.

LAst saturday night i was working pretty hard to keep up with a sss pulsar and a golf.
I was very impressed by them even if they weren't standard
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 12:15

FWD's can be fun, i remember the last time I drove one I was laughing a lot Smile

RWD is my personal favourite, however FWD is good for a laugh.

i was too, when i borrowed my mums excel (the pride of korea) to go and get my replacement soarer window.

i was giggling from the moment i got in the seat cause its so funky and different

granted it didnt have power steering either so that made it interesting for the first corner when i had forgotten
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its like the difference between good sex and bad sex. i guess its watever ur into.

u shut the fuck up Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man these threads crack me up. Laughing
Fun or no fun. What do different people class as fun?

If its drifting, then there's no way a FWD is any good.
If it's drag racing, a FWD is a lot harder to get working.
If it's circuit racing, they require different driving styles, but can both work for you.
If its a twisty mountain road, considering its ALWAYS ScreaminRolla & myself at the other end waiting for everything else to catch up, go figure it out. Some have seen my car in action, but usually only until I disappear into the distance.
That is what I like, so I've set up my car that way. Let's see anyone else get a car with <50FWkW & do a 1:22 at Wakefield or get power-on oversteer in a FWD.
Mind you, I've also punted stock Aussie 6 cyl RWD cars & still haven't had what should've been better cornering cars keep up.

Oh in case anyone is asking, I'm going back to AWD, for the ultimate compromise in all conditions.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 23:28

Oh in case anyone is asking, I'm going back to AWD, for the ultimate compromise in all conditions.

that is untill you have to do any major mechanical work

and then EW engine layout is indeed the spawn of the devil himself Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 00:06

Who said anything about EW engine? But you're completely correct, even in FWD only guise.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 23:43

MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 00:06

Who said anything about EW engine? But you're completely correct, even in FWD only guise.

*remebers hills cruise discussion*

im following you now Wink
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Front wheel Drives: fun or no fun Mon, 15 August 2005 22:54 Go to previous message
Mind you, I've kind of wished I'd bought a RWD to do up, seeing as I've never owned one.
But every company car I've had has been RWD, though either underpowered (78 18R Dyna Laughing ) or lardy Oz "family" car
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:new AW11 supercharger owner...with pics
Next Topic:Professional photographs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:40:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057759284973145 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.