Toymods » Tech & Conversions » microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 12:15 Go to next message
which management is better for a 2jzgte
Ive been told a haltech and been told a microtech?
Microtechs ive been told are easier to wire up but my mate uses one and want something different
any other managements i should consider Confused
Anyone with prices
  Send a private message to this user    
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TopSecret72 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 21:45

which management is better for a 2jzgte
Ive been told a haltech and been told a microtech?
Microtechs ive been told are easier to wire up but my mate uses one and want something different
any other managements i should consider Confused
Anyone with prices

if your friend is running a Microtech and it does what you want for your engine, don't disregard it just because your mates got one. Who cares if your brand of ECU is the same?
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want to be different. If I did the same thing It would seem to me to be doing the same thing and I want it to be my choice not tagging along
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That has the be the dumbest reasoning ever.
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no its not stupid you must be unable to be different.
Its just boring to follow the leader as you obviously do. Cant you think for yourself.
Why do something my mate has done.
Its my car not a copy of someone else's.
I want more power and more differences so its my car not a clone
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does his car have round wheels? Better be different, I hear isosceles triangles are just out on the market, better get them before anyone else does.
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh no I think my mate uses oil and has a big radiator im must pull out from my car and be different. Oh maybe i should take the motor out to and call myself fred flinstone and have wheels made of stone, that mite be better than havin round wheels like my mate

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 14:50]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go MoTec or Autronic... get a real ECU Razz

or better yet, get a megasquirt Razz
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
megasquirt huh. I know your pullin me leg but whats that mean, neva heard it
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TopSecret72 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 00:56

megasquirt huh. I know your pullin me leg but whats that mean, neva heard it

get farked...

i run my car with it Razz

get off your arse and search Cool
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TopSecret72 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 00:06

I want to be different. If I did the same thing It would seem to me to be doing the same thing and I want it to be my choice not tagging along

Run it on the stock ECU Surprised

Now, who's gunna think of that eh?? Shocked
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys are CRUEL but yeah,get off your lazy butt and start searching PLEASE by the way,have I heard topsecret somewhere before? "the innovator not the imitator" [quote from total wank commercial 100% imitating radio station] Mad
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now now pete, you have to be nice because everyone else has been mean

we cant be tagging along here Evil or Very Mad

topsecret72: heres a step in the right direction

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=search&am p;rid=1334&S=1cb811ac05e66e75b4af3b3ddc1d34b0
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the megasquirt Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TopSecret72 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 00:25

Its just boring to follow the leader as you obviously do. Cant you think for yourself.

An ECU is an electronic device which controls your fuel and ignition systems - it is NOT a fashion accessory. So what if Joe Bloggs has the same brand ECU? It doesn't matter which ECU you get, someone somewhere will have exactly the same ECU and - oh no - you'll be the same as them!

If you truly want to be different, get rid of the fuel injection system entirely - everyone else is using that, so why follow the leader? Be different, use a carbeurettor! I reckon a Holley 750 would to the job nicely.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

because it works you moron Confused Shocked Confused

yes there are better ecus, but 'my mate has one and i dont want to be seen wearing the same dress to the prom' is the THE lamest excuse i have ever heard...
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 07:03

An ECU is an electronic device which controls your fuel and ignition systems - it is NOT a fashion accessory. So what if Joe Bloggs has the same brand ECU? It doesn't matter which ECU you get, someone somewhere will have exactly the same ECU and - oh no - you'll be the same as them!

If you truly want to be different, get rid of the fuel injection system entirely - everyone else is using that, so why follow the leader? Be different, use a carbeurettor! I reckon a Holley 750 would to the job nicely.

Blow through or suck through? Razz
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would you settle for an inferior management system just becasue everyone else has the best?

Gonna strip the paint off your car and get that surface rust look cause you 'want something different'?

Norbie: suck through or blow through setup for the 750 holley? Laughing
Jezza
Regular

June 2002
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 15 August 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was thinking triple 48mm side draughts....blow through....lots of plumbing Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TopSecret72 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 22:25

Bahahaha, so attempting to run a Delco his 1UZFE, then going to a Microtech is...following the leader? Care to point out any other MX73 Cressida's that predate his 1UZFE conversion, especially manual Laughing

Seriously dude, work out what you want, work out your budget and then pick an ECU. If that happens to be a Microtech, then YOU made the right choice for YOU. No No No
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.bigpond.net.au/rsturzen/iwanna.jpg
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahahha. Laughing

that is all.
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Post-modern art at its best.
I've laughed myself to tears Laughing
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing at rob and mechanic kittah
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 16 August 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread started off pathetic, but now.....
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 26 September 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the first time I have laughed myself to tears in years!! I can't beleive I missed seeing that when it was at the top of the threads!! Laughing

Anyway, I am just trying to figure out if there is an Australian distributor for megasquirt?
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Mon, 26 September 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
want to be different? dont listen to all these knockers,

1. fit a magneto with fixed advance

2. use blowthrough carbies

just buy a microtec, but the next best one from your mate, then you will be one-upping him and that is nothing like copying, it's even more pathetic.

or you could follow the proper way to get an aftermarket ECU

go to a mechanic/workshop you know and like, and ask them what they would use and can tune, then get that one.
ralfross
Regular

On Probation

April 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 27 September 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the Haltech is a better ECU. You can also get some plug and play support for the 2J

Have a look around. There is heaps out there.
I agree with you, no need to follow the leader. Sometimes the leader made a wrong turn in the first place. Cause the microtech is certainly not the only ECU out there.

86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 27 September 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 00:28

Does his car have round wheels? Better be different, I hear isosceles triangles are just out on the market, better get them before anyone else does.

lmao Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wanna be really different? Go to Dick Smiths, buy a soldering kit, some wire, capacitors, resistors etc and make your own ecu!!!
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 27 September 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, that's what I'm probably gonna do. No other reason to be most of the way through an electronics major in a Bachelor of Engineering. But chances are, the megasquirt would turn out cheaper than a short run PCB fabrication. That's why I dug this post up. (See previous post by the tricky(meister)) Wink
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 27 September 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tricky wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 01:04

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the first time I have laughed myself to tears in years!! I can't beleive I missed seeing that when it was at the top of the threads!! Laughing

Anyway, I am just trying to figure out if there is an Australian distributor for megasquirt?

no, but why not buy from www.diyautotune.com he seems pretty good.
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 27 September 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tricky wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 17:49

yep, that's what I'm probably gonna do. No other reason to be most of the way through an electronics major in a Bachelor of Engineering. But chances are, the megasquirt would turn out cheaper than a short run PCB fabrication. That's why I dug this post up. (See previous post by the tricky(meister)) Wink

Not only that, but the mega-hours of R&D you would need to get started. Go with the megasquirt and tap in on massive R&D resources, and testing community.

If you want to do something special, i say start with the megasquirt and modify it.

I also went through this train of thought part-way through BE.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 27 September 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed.. it already has the major hardware very well testd, so you can muck about with the inputs and outputs... code, etc...
get involved with the CAN-BUS stuf, and that could be a damn good project, both for you and for the MS community Wink

there is sooo much shit you could do with it...

and if you add stuf that is interesting, there are a whole bunch of people who can help with the tuning and implementation etc etc...

not sure if it consitutes a PhD, but it'd certainly be interesting
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: microtech vs haltechvs anyother eng manage sys Tue, 27 September 2005 11:07 Go to previous message
yeah, there does seem to be a significant amount of R&D behind the MS. Having said that, control systems really wouldn't be incredibly difficult for a fuel only system. It really only requires an EPROM with a simple embedded program, isolated from the inputs by opto-couplers and a MAP sensor chip. The hardest part would be calibrating the MAP readings to a quantity of fuel, and even that could be inferred from other peoples observations.

As far as a PhD in engine management systems is concerned...

By the time I start my PhD (if I choose a path of academia), there may no longer be petrol cars... And my major will probably be in alternative energy systems.

Did u guys get your MS's from the US, or did you find an Australian dealer?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Problems with my 1G-GTE - need help - code 16
Next Topic:Hub removal on AW11
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:01:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074629783630371 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.