Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Some more Celica Questions Mon, 15 August 2005 18:50 Go to next message
Heya Guys/Gerls im having some more "special moments" with my celica

After installing a new (2nd hand) Dash and speedo cable , yet again my speedo is sitting on 0kph all day and i cant undo it from the gearbox since ive had it re-coned (the gb) the screw out bit just doesnt budge

now i dont know if the mechanic has gone dodgy on me and fucked it up so i take it back to him and he can rip me another new asshole or if its just fucked its self up

but id like some ideas on how to get it off without destroying the cable ???!?

um and another little trouble that has come up .. a few nights back i was sitting at the lights with the music NOT up that loud but enuf to enjoy after work on the way home i think it was a bit of Led Zepp actually .. anyway nothing too pumping to draw massive ampage , but anyway im sitting there

and the car sorta turns off and on in a split second . enuf to make the stereo re-set and eject the cd but the clock didnt reset on my dash and the car didnt stall or anything .. but it just sorta went off/on in a microsecond .. anyone have any idea what this could be ?

and also in the mornings (which might give you an idea on the previous problem) when i start the bitch up it sounds like something is winding really fast almost to the point of a siren noise then it sounds like a bit of crunching as if a chain is grabbing then leetting go and grabbing and slipping(ill post the noise as soon as i get up tomorrow HERE)

anyone with any thoughts on these problems (L) ?
  Send a private message to this user    
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Some more Celica Questions Mon, 15 August 2005 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more than likely when the box was swaped the little piece out of the speedo cable connection that connects to the box has been lost. as for gettin the speedo cable off the box, try vice grips
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Some more Celica Questions Mon, 15 August 2005 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as for the second n 3rd, loose battery cable... maybe the amp wire to your cd, or the constant power? maybe.

last prob sounds like maybe a rooted ideler bearing
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Some more Celica Questions Tue, 16 August 2005 07:56 Go to previous message
bump
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Locking a open/viscous diff. . . and WTB
Next Topic:RT-142 IRS LSD Options
Goto Forum: