Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Beams 3SGTE???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Beams 3SGTE??? Mon, 15 August 2005 09:38 Go to next message
hey i'm just wondering wat exactly is the BEAMS 3SGE and how is it different to the normal 3SGE?? is it rwd? 6 speed gearbox?
i know its like a factory modified version and did they come turbo?
and yes i have tried searching ppl but i haven't found as much as i want.
and what are prices for a Beams 3SGE halfcut?
thanks for any help you'll offer, ace
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Mon, 15 August 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beams = VVT-i or VVTL-i
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Mon, 15 August 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Beams = VVT-i or VVTL-i

3SGE BEAMS are VVT-i, not L-i.

The early versions have fully variable inlet cam timing (red top), the later ones both cams. (blacktop)

Not sure if they came with a turbo, but if they did it'd be in the 4WD Caldina in FWD trim.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Mon, 15 August 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just installe a blacktop 3sge into my cousins mr2 and it was only single VVT-i
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Mon, 15 August 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Sherwood wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 20:27

Quote:

Beams = VVT-i or VVTL-i

3SGE BEAMS are VVT-i, not L-i.

Yeah, I was just telling him what BEAMS means in relation to Toyota
bonbon
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beams = Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pag econtent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2ftoyota.jp %2fcaldina%2fdynamism%2fengin%2findex.html

as you can see the new 3SGTE does not have VVTI, the compression would be too high for a turbo car if it did.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bonbon wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 08:48

as you can see the new 3SGTE does not have VVTI, the compression would be too high for a turbo car if it did.

What does vvti have to do with compression? Both the later model 1JZGTE and 2JZGTE have vvti.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 00:53]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 10:22

bonbon wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 08:48

What does vvti have to do with compression? Both the later model 1JZGTE and 2JZGTE have vvti.

agreed

Taniguchi's RS200 Drift Altezza Runs a Beams 3SGE with turbo bolted on it anyway, obviously it would be a built motor, but im pretty sure it still runs the VVTI so how that would control compression i have no idea Confused
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nobody have any clues as to why a blacktop out of a caldina has only single VVTI on the intake cam?? and not both cams? Everyone is telling me blacktop has vvti on both cams.

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tohught caldina's had redtops?

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the plot thickens. I asked about why this blacktop didn't have dual VVTI, and was told the earlier blacktops had single vvti, and that it was out of a caldina.

I noticed the blacktop cam cover did have a slot in it that looked like where a VVTI connector is supposed to be sticking out of, but the head hasn't got one. I am starting to think i've just finished installing a red top, with a blacktop cover. That's sneaky (i won't mention any names) Razz

CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dingaling hold your horses both the red top SW20and ST 202 last 6 months and the new black top that came out in rav 4 and the caldina are the same engine bar the cats that are in the extractors and the plastic covers that are red and black
the altezza dual vvti motor uses both as it needs it to pass emissions and the only reason it makes more power ,manual that is ,it uses titatium valves and more aggresive inlet profile to make 210 ps the auto with the same valves as the fwd beams makes 200ps and the fwd beams red and black make 190 ps
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so beams just means that the engine will have VVTi on both cams or only one.
and the compression is way too high for turbocharging.
but were all 3sge/3sgte(im more interested in) still fwd?
'cos i want a rwd 3sgte in a ta22 celica but dont want the trouble of converting it.
also if the 3sg(t)e was beams, then did it get a six speed gearbox? and wat was this gearbox called?
thanks guys, you've been good so far.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get a gen2 3sgte, put a 2s sump on it, W5* bellhousing and box and shoehorn it in.

I was actually thinking about a 4WD, turbo beams today coz i was bored at work. WOuld be nice to but some forgies in(about 8.5:1 CR) a box/plenum on the quads, HPC + stainless exhaust and a highflow CT26.Shove that in a Gt4 and i reckon that would be great!
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 16 August 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx for clearing that up for me CelicaRA45, could not find out this info on the net. And nobody seemed to have a straight ansewer about blacktops having single vvti on the inlet cam.

Lovely motors either way.
KE20 BLACKTOP
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 23 August 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone knows good turbo pistons with beams (blacktop dual vvt-i) or story who sell turbo parts with that engines (TODA Racing is very expensive 8.5:1 86mm or 87mm bore ~ 1300$)

2JZ-GTE piston are maybe good choice (86,5mm bore,teflon coated side,oil holes with "roof", cheap) but are this fit as well with beams (valve pocket depth,compression ratio,compression height,pin size...)

and what are stock beams pistons measurements (compression ratio,compression and pin height,pin size)

There is pics my KE20 but i donīt have BEAMS yet

http://www.minunauto.com/?page=showcar&id=10

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 12:37]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 23 August 2005 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE20 BLACKTOP wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 22:32

Anyone knows good turbo pistons with beams (blacktop dual vvt-i) or story who sell turbo parts with that engines (TODA Racing is very expensive 8.5:1 86mm or 87mm bore ~ 1300$)

http://www.minunauto.com/?page=showcar&id=10

very expenssive at $1300,god whats cheap.you are just lucky your not doing a forged piston and carrillo rod rebuild 15 years ago.then youd know what expensive is!lmao $1000-$1400 is usually the price bracket for good pistons.
mick
KE20 BLACKTOP
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 23 August 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheap and cheap,Pistons cost here Finland 1143Euros =1900aud /1400 U.S dollar and 2JZ-GTE pistons cost 450Euros= 705Aud / 538 U.S dollar so i think its a pots of money to use 2JZ pistons but fits they?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 22:26]

o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Beams 3SGTE??? Tue, 23 August 2005 22:46 Go to previous message
High card,
The easiest solution to your problem is probably to do what i will be doing next year. Get an SA63 celica (ugly bastard) which came with a 2S-C bolted to a W55. The crossmember should fit directly into your TA22, allowing the 3SGTE to become a bolt in fit. This also gives you the sump&pickup, engine mount brackets, as well as the gearbox to do the conversion. Dont know how you will go lengthwise putting the S motor in your TA22... but it will be an easy swap for my RA23.

Cheers, Owen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18rg cams! How big is too big???
Next Topic:Where to buy 4A-G 20v billet cams
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 01:53:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056719779968262 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.