Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 13T ignition parts?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
snadge
Occasional Poster

August 2005
13T ignition parts? Tue, 16 August 2005 01:45 Go to next message
I'm posting here in sheer desperation, i've been to half a dozen auto parts stores with ZERO success. I have a TA22 celica, which the previous owner has dropped a 13T engine into. I understand the 13T is an import motor and was used in light trucks or vans or something and has extra torque. The short of it is, the distributor cap is stuffed and I am having a devil of a time sourcing a new part for this (rotor as well). If anyone can tell me where I can source these parts it would be much appreciated. I've tried genuine toyota, repco, bursons all with no success.
  Send a private message to this user    
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 13T ignition parts? Tue, 16 August 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How different is it from a 2T/3T? the 13T afaik is just different in the pistons & combustion chamber

Just go down there, ask for a dizzy cap for a toyota T-18, but pull it out of the box and check it against the one u have first Smile

snadge
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 13T ignition parts? Tue, 16 August 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The distributor is quite different. For starters the cap is a screw on type, not clip on. Every single replacement part I've seen is clip on. The rotor is also different, it has 3T written on it and is a 12B instead of an 11B or something. Both cap and rotor are nippondenso parts. I've even tried contacting denso and they gave me a part number but wern't able to supply it.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 13T ignition parts? Tue, 16 August 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, that slightly complicates things

Got no idea then Sad why not just switch to a T-18 ignition setup then to make life easier. Or is there something special about the dizzy setup?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 13T ignition parts? Tue, 16 August 2005 15:46 Go to previous message
have a search threw some old posts on here for people that have posted they have parts. Give then a PM and ask if they have any parts left Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Working a silvertop 20V
Next Topic:Engine oil cooler and transmission oil cooler?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 07:39:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041420459747314 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.