Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
agp2002
Regular

May 2005
W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 04:14 Go to next message
Here is my problem.....

I have a 4AGZE AE101 and i just bought a new clutch and flywheel for it, both the Xtreme brand. The pressure plate is 220mm i was told that the lightend flywheel was to suit that clutch kit, and the clutch kit is a 21 tooth x 24 mm disc. I want to match it to a W55 or W58 box and i just got an adaptor plate so i still use my T50 bell housing that is all set to use a ZE flywheel and clutch. I was just reading on the net that all W5* series boxes are 21 tooth x 29 mm disc, could someone put me out of my upset state and tell me. Simon you are running a W55 so what is the size of your clutch kit??

Iain
  Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firstly 21 tooth x 24mm disc doesnt mean anything. I think what you are trying to refer to here is the gearbox input shaft, which should read 21 spline x 24mm diameter.

I know that R series boxes are 21 spline 29mm and im pretty sure W series boxes are the same and im also pretty sure T50's have a smaller diameter input probably 24mm.

So yeah I think youve got a T50 clutch, but id wait till someone more knowledgable confirms this.

agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright, i dont know a lot but is it possible to fit this to my AE101 ZE with my adaptor plate and W55/8 box??
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, but you will need to remove the input shaft from the gearbox machine it down to 24mm then re-spline it. Id suggest getting another clutch to suit will be the better option, cheaper and stronger.
agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh just that clutch kit cost me $560 and i didnt really want to get rid of it, ill have a chat to my mates and see what they can do.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where did you get an adaptor plate from that mates a T-series bellhousing to a W box? Is it a straight bolt up, no machining of the T-series bellhousing?

Cheers.

If your pressure plate bolts to the flywheel and it is only the splines on your friction plate that are in correct just get a new friction plate with the correct spline/diameter centre. No need to ditch the pressure plate (the most expensive part of the kit).

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 05:01]

agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the adaptor plate off a mate who made it, goes like so....

ENGINE - FLY - CLUTCH - T50 BELL HOUSING - ADAPTOR PLATE - W55/58

Alright that helps a lot, then that might save me some dollars if i can just change the friction plate.

iain
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or you can sometimes even just get the friction plate re-splined. Not garaunteed, but may be cheap.

Easy way to tell if it will fit is to try sliding the friction plate onto your W58 input shaft. If it fits all good, if not then you need to work on it.

It sounds like you have a clutch suited to the T50 input shaft though.

Hen
agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kinda sucks when the person i bought it through i asked for a clutch to fit a W58 and he said this would, i might get a replacement without cost if he is willing to. Well at least its only the fricton plate, i was thinking $600 down the drain.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: W5* Series Box and Clutch Problem Tue, 16 August 2005 09:10 Go to previous message
You may also wanna check the clearance of your pressure plate, I shouldnt think this will be a problem though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What RWD 4AG water pump?
Next Topic:Locking a open/viscous diff. . . and WTB
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:01:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051660537719727 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.