Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3TGTE rebuilding - need assistance!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RS13
Newcomer

August 2005
icon5.gif  3TGTE rebuilding - need assistance! Tue, 16 August 2005 12:27 Go to next message
Hi!

We're about to embark on a 3T turbo reassembly, as the motor was left for 5 years, and was taken apart recently to check condition. By taken apart, I mean literally into pieces!

Now, I've reassembled a couple of 2TGEU's in my time, but normally I'd mark the timing/cams to get the timing as it was before.. but the owner of this motor has simply pulled it apart without marking anything!

The thing that bothers me, is that this motor is a serious piece of kit.. flowed head, big cams, forgies, o-ring'd, hybrid t3 turbo, link engine management.. and I've never rebuilt a serious race motor. is there anything I need to be careful of? My intention is just to do the old no.1 at TDC, with both valves fully closed, with modded cams, would there be an issue with this? I can't see any factory marks whatsoever anywhere.

And, the bearings were brand new in the motor, when it was rebuilt, and have only been run when the Link was getting tuned. I know this sounds cheap! But they look perfectly mint, barely any wear.. they'd be ok to just throw back in?

And injector suggestions.. this motor was previously tuned to run 18psi reliably, but the injectors are gunky as, and rusty.. what would make good replacements? 5M? 7M? 3S? 4A? 13Bt? Bear in mind, we need something that'd run ok with the link..
  Send a private message to this user    
RS13
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: 3TGTE rebuilding - need assistance! Tue, 16 August 2005 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3TGTE rebuilding - need assistance! Wed, 17 August 2005 15:44 Go to previous message
if i can remember right i read rx7 ser 4 injectors are a direct fit and also 7m-gte one. Have a search.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how to tell that is a JDM Tseries diff?
Next Topic:4AGE mk1, mk2 or mk3 crank shaft ?? Help please
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:59:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005742073059082 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.