Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ripfast
Regular

June 2005
boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 11:03 Go to next message
, i am looking at buying a boost controller, but arent sure,
1jz gte with dump pipes 3.5inch exhaust pod and bigger cooler.

how low can the boost be wound and how high, are they worth the investment, i want an in cabin one if possible.

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboKing
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get an electronic Boost controller. You will be able to take it as low as factory and as high as your turbo will let you. (bang)

I think the Greddy Profecs are quite good.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I wouldn't bother. With those mods you are going to be pretty close to boost cut (1 bar) anyway and much more than that is going to be making a lot more heat which can lead to detonation and bad things happening.

BTW pm'd you.
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy a fuel cut defender or a boost defender and that will cut that limit out with the computer and more boost (only a few more psi) then bang bang with the turbos
TurboKing
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 13:12]

TurboKing
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I now agree, I wouldnt bother until you can handle the higher boost including the FCD.
If you already have a larger intercooler, consider water injection or a improved tubos/turbo to ward off pinging and then up the boost. or bang
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbosmart e-boost is your friend.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboKing wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 23:12

I now agree, I wouldnt bother until you can handle the higher boost including the FCD.
If you already have a larger intercooler, consider water injection or a improved tubos/turbo to ward off pinging and then up the boost. or bang

but since he is not doing that......

the HKS EVC i was looking at the other day has 2 settings, one is set for below 1bar, and the other below 2bar...

the dual valve ones look nicer in terms of control, but the only reason you would want one is to keep the wastegate closed for longer..

the latest shiny ones map boost vs rpm and TPS and some can have different settings for different gears...

fuck the boost cut defender, just run it on the stock ECU with EBC that keeps wastgate closed until you can afford/want to go aftermarket ECU....
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TopSecret72 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 23:03

buy a fuel cut defender or a boost defender and that will cut that limit out with the computer and more boost (only a few more psi) then bang bang with the turbos

thats sounds like a great idea Wink how else can i fuck my engine for only a few hundred dollars?
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: boost controller Tue, 16 August 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 00:17

TopSecret72 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 23:03

thats sounds like a great idea Wink how else can i fuck my engine for only a few hundred dollars?

i can teach you how to fuck your engine without spending money to do it...here goes....drain ur oil...radiator and intercooler fluid(if applicable), drain ur gearbox and diff, since ur radiator now has no coolant in it u dont need the fans...so sell them...then head out to a track day Wink
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: boost controller Thu, 18 August 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best boost controller is no doubt the e-boost. however i run gizzmo its a new zeland brand its only new, i find it works like a treat and they are still reasonably cheap.
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: boost controller Thu, 18 August 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eboost seems to be pretty good from what i have heard, electronic management is going to be more advanced and have better control.

on autospeed they have refined a boost controller kit over a few tests and it is pretty awesome, now it works really well and costs around $100 diy.
Burningboy
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: boost controller Thu, 18 August 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the E-boost is cool
ripfast
Regular

June 2005
Re: boost controller Thu, 18 August 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks. i dont want to wind the boost over 1 bar i just want to be able vary it for day driving or if someone needs shutting up, so i can wind the boost right down, or up to 1bar
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: boost controller Thu, 18 August 2005 13:48 Go to previous message
I am suprised hiperboost has not recieved a mention here,they work well,last well,set and forget.I reckon they are great.You can keep your wastegate 100% closed until your boost target is reached.so your desired power level is there more quickly. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gearbox question
Next Topic:Bride seats ADR approved?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:11:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055398941040039 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.