Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » ghost (not this s*%t again)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it sounds so much easier to be a scientologist!!! none of this piss-farting around with an innaccurate bible Wink

start afresh with the aliens!!!
  Send a private message to this user  
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, aliens Rolling Eyes
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 20:37

Rona_Drifter wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 20:25

Wow wat a crazy thread... its HUGE.

"Jehovah" is gods name ay, how many people really know that!?

anyone whos ever seen indiana jones and the last crusade.

Anyone who has seen Indiana Jones would know that it was spelt 'Iehova' Razz
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bubbles let me explain something.

You shouldent be talking about this in a public forum, you might think that you are teaching them something but your really offending their inteligence.

River doesnt understand that there are scrolls that you can use to wipe your arse with, like if in Jesus time I wrote a scroll on "the top ten sex positions" or something to contracdict Jesus and it was found in present time, it doesnt mean it was gods inspiring word. River believes in the tongue of man and you bubbles are throwing in bible scriptures, its like your both speaking a different language.
Bubbles you pointed out allot of interesting points, but you have to learn to be less bias, even if the bible only says it one way, no sex before marriage, no men sleeping with men, no beastiallity- keep it to yourself. 95% of people are going to die anyway, maybe I will to but who cares.
You deserved every single comment from oldcorolas , just shut up.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically, this whole thread is about people arguing over OPINIONS, cos thats all religion is, OPINION. wheather you are Jew, JW, Moslem or a good old non-believer, whatever you believe or dont believe is your own opinion, and an argument over opinion can never be won. So why doesnt everyone just quit it and leave each other to their own opinions?

This thread should have died so long ago it is not funny.

PS, i just thought Id throw in my opinion Razz

Opinion

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 23:26]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 00:12

mynameisrodney wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 17:51

bubbles wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 23:08

acts5:30 'The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom YOU slew, hanging him upon a stake

This is when is job was done and had to go back to heaven, see, stake, not cross

acts10:39 the word stake is used

galatians3:13 Christ by purchase released us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us , because it is written: "Accursed is every man hanged upon a stake"

although i trusted what you had written to be correct i decided to go back and check. here is what i found in my bible:

acts5:30
"the god of our ancestors raised jesus from death, after you had killed him by nailing him to a CROSS"

acts10:39
"We are witnesses of everything that he did in the land of Israel and Jeruslahem.Then they put him to death by nailing him to a CROSS."

galations 3:13
"Anyone who is hanged on a tree is under god's curse."

as you can see the wording is very different from in your "different copies which are all the same". this supports my original statement that there may have been a tranlation error in the bible.

hehe rodney, in any language even as English has evolved, words, connotations (semantics basically) changes.

Seriously, cross vs stake, who cares?! As many have said, "What is important, is clear."

The question then becomes, not what exact wording/spelling is there, but rather, what's important, what's true?

To answer that I encourage you, grab as many different translations as you can, find all the deviances you can, and then see how many of them affect what is really important. Have a look and find out how many of them change the message of the Bible and make the message confusing.

That is exactly what i said in my first post.
i never said it was important. i'm just reacting to bubbles blatent acusation that i was wrong. when i wasnt.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah bro that's cool man

I was just like there is a difference between wording and meaning Wink

it's ALL gooooood
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Wed, 17 August 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

95% of people are going to die anyway

I will put my money on the fact that 100% of people are going to die anyway. Unless your 5% takes into account vampires, those people who are part of that cult that think aliens are going to take them away and they will live forever on some magic planet, Santa, the Simpsons and characters from that show Highlander.

This thread is like a Sigma with 600000km on the clock, it has got way more mileage than it should have Laughing
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Wed, 17 August 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol shouldn't that be a Sigma with 5 miles on the clock? Very Happy Very Happy
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Wed, 17 August 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, some crap like that.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Wed, 17 August 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't be dissing the sigma's
http://img264.echo.cx/img264/8339/759400021ks.th.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2005 00:09]

Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Wed, 17 August 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look at the long term effects of religion

http://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/18609/cr5.jpg
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Wed, 17 August 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YOUR GOING THE WRONG WAY !!!111eleven Shocked
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Wed, 17 August 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I got to admit I'm surprised how much mileage this thread got, and also how OT it went.

Your're right. It is all just opinions and you can never argue against opinions and things that are not 100% factual, or that can't be proven without any doubt. Same with argueing about politics and sex.

In any event, I found the thread to be rather entertaining and an interesting distraction from the more mundane topics in these forums. I was surprised that it didn't get into a real flaming war with people going absolutely troppo, which often happens with these topics.

I think I'll head over to a philosophical forum and stir them up a little, or better still, go to a french forum and give them shit - that's always good fun. Smile

And, I'm still waiting for WRC Jesus (sans helmet) in an RA25 - it'd make a good wallpaper for my PC. Laughing

seeyuzz
river
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Wed, 17 August 2005 01:03 Go to previous message
Sorry to ruin the fun boys and girls, but this topic is locked.

Love and peace to all.
Heart Heart Heart Heart
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Shock Horror! River gets a job!!!!!
Next Topic:Designs or SLogans..for tees
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:23:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058941841125488 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.