Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, looking good every one!

jonchai i dont have hat light that your talking about either, any info would be good!
Oh and my clock has just stopped working on me! any ideas on how to fix it, and also my door lights are screwed!

(PAGE 53!!!!!!!!!)

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2005 03:57]

Send a private message to this user    
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Under the steering wheel? Do you mean on the dash below the gauges?

|. . .1.2.3./-------\.4.5.6. .7.|

1 = handbrake / low brake fluid warning
2 = charge light (alternator failure warning)
3 = door open warning
4 = low fuel warning ('87 models onward only)
5 = blown tail light warning
6 = check engine warning
7 = rear demister 'on' light

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2005 05:27]

jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah below that man!! its actually on the dash.....blue part that comes off with the cover
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok now I am just confused.. you better put a piccie up!
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can just see it in Rabsy86's photos. its the 3rd photo, under the wiper handle above the twin cam sign on the steering wheel. ITS YELLOW
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine dosen't have one of them Sad
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh, that square yellow thing? It looks like a switch or a light for an alarm or something. Its in one of the spots where we normally have a blank plate thing. I have switches for my amp and sik-re-neonz in those spots! Razz
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only have one switch and thats for the amp and thats it there in the pic

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2126/presentdashshot0ag.th.jpg Wink
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will front disc rotors off a SV21 camry fit on the st162 celica?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 18:27

ahh, that square yellow thing? It looks like a switch or a light for an alarm or something. Its in one of the spots where we normally have a blank plate thing. I have switches for my amp and sik-re-neonz in those spots! Razz

yeah they are blank plates for switches usually

I had a totally specced out celica but there was nothing there 'cept the plates

now I have switches for my aerial (sp?) and amp
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they're probly for the GT4 with its diff-lock switch, or for heated seats in the euro models... damn euros with their warm butts... or would those ones go down on the console where those dicky coin holder things are? I know the big coin holder square is where the switch for the electric seats on other models is. Atleast on these older cars they're kinda subtle - on newer cars i reckon they make the blanks really obvious to make you wish you bought the higher model!
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a question, but why do you guys have switches for your amps?Why dont you just have them wired to the HU signal output(i think thats what its called, mental blank Sad )

My blanks now have a flashing LED for my alarm and a switch for my foggies which at this point in time no longer work but are going onto the other car anyway
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put a relay in the power line for a few reasons:
- so that i could have the radio on with the car turned off without draining the battery (useful at the drive-in / carwash!)
- so that i could isolate the power if i needed to work on anything that involved removing the amp from the car.
- if i ever get pulled over for having the music too loud i could switch it off and pretend i didn't have a sub. (see officer, that's as loud as it goes! *distortion* - lol, i was young and naive when that was a consideration Laughing)

How's the new project coming along Stu? Got any pictures to share? Very Happy
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought thats why it would be there. I cant do thaht as i have all of my speakers off amps and would have no music then-that would suck

Um, the project is going ok.Have swapped shocks and done a little tidying up thats bout it.Saving some cash atm so i can get a whole lot of the engine done in one hit and not have parts scattered everywhere for ages or sitting in various workshops. Will get some pics when i see it next. Its at trade school which sux coz i only really get to see it every 5 weeks.

Hopefully i'll have my microtech by then, if my folks hand over the dosh that is(sorry again farmsci)so i can put that in.Im really concentrating on getting my current one ready for sale-i need to piss it off or get it written off and it not being my fault.THat would be good

Will take some pics next time and hopefully have some more info on it
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey as mentioned above about the coin holders, i was wondering, does anyone use the coin holders??? and also is that little curved holder thing where one of the blank plates 'copuld' be, is that a coin holder too??? freaking way too many coin holders!
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 22:51

Just a question, but why do you guys have switches for your amps?Why dont you just have them wired to the HU signal output(i think thats what its called, mental blank Sad )

My blanks now have a flashing LED for my alarm and a switch for my foggies which at this point in time no longer work but are going onto the other car anyway

i also use mine for when coppers are around and also when i get sick of hearing DOOF DOOF. Very Happy
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

I have put the 6.5" splits in, they look good (I still have a little work to do) and they sound great.

I'm still having trouble with my webspace, but once thats sorted ill post up some phone pics, its 1.2 megapixel which should do for now).

Compairing the response 4"s I had, to the new polyglass focals, they sound AWSOME... much better than the 4"s and there is plenty of midbass as opposed to none Razz

Well im off to tafe fellas

cheers

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 18:53

Will front disc rotors off a SV21 camry fit on the st162 celica?

The stud pattern and offset would be ok, but the diametre and thickness of the rotor might be too small. Check in the DBA catalogue to see if they list the same part number for both cars maybe?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 22:51

I want to be able to turn my subbie off when I have a headache Very Happy
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My HU has sub control anyway so i guess i wouldnt need it.

I wish i could be arsed making pods and fitting them plus also being able to afford some 6" splits, i need midrange up front damnit
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mid range fuck midrange decent 12 inch sub good amp , 6inch splits in the back and 4inch mb quartz in the front all amped... goes well. the mb quartz outpower everything good quality that shit but it would wanna be for the price
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/an-d/web/trd.jpg
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's gold. i absolutely love it like a snack stop
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck.. been gettin in big fights with my turbo lol cant get the oil line off not game to touch the one on the turbo atm and u cant get to the banjo bolt i think i have no option but to try the one on the wurbo
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just throw it away... turbos are for cheaters anyway. Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or people not wanting to spend 10k to get to 200hp Razz
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd rather not wait a minute between gear changes for my power to kick in. Very Happy
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol come for a drive in my car... there is no waiting... the lil ct26 aint a lag monster Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/Photo-0060.jpg

i win! lol
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it shall be fun to make new oil and water lines both return and feed come in through the same flange
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
won what? I was just getting started! Rolling Eyes

Whats the go with the turbo? Did something break / being upgraded? Going back to N/A?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
upgrades and a bit of boredom lol

yer goin n/a lol i once blew my cooler pipe off fuck u could just about run faster than the car flat stick lol.. probly not but anyway lol

i won the battle with the turbo the fucker wouldnt come off lol
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what ever the competion, can I be the judge.

lets get ready to rrruuuuuummmbbblllllllllleeeeeeeeee

whens the big turbo coming brad?

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont know .. other shit to byuy first the car can run with the standard one but i need the new inlet manifold and new valvesprings pretty much a new head but without the headwork and a new metal hg and new water pump and shit then ill drop it back in with a stainless manifold and then ill find something large lol maybe havnt made up my mind u know i change my mind a bit lol...

postwhore it up!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u chucking in some forgies as well Razz
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds expensive...

How much power do you reckon is too much power in a FWD car?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how heavy do you reckon that manifold & turbo is? looks heavy...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20kg around that... to much power i dont know wat u eman theres never to much power... 450 - 500fwhp is my goal
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But wont traction become an issue? Maybe my car's rooted, i have bad traction issues atm. Hopefully will aquire an LSD soon. Are you trying to break the record for fastest FWD brad? I think the record is 12 secs, is held by a SR20DET powered N13 pulsar or something.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent you put that box in yet Andy, u lazy so and so, get that LSD happening, is it going to fit?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know yet, the guy who knows more about it has been on holidays for the last 3 weeks! I've been busy too. Sad I better find out soon tho - the noise from my box is getting worse!
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 18:18

just throw it away... turbos are for cheaters anyway. Razz

I totally agree.......as I say..

Turbo's are for tightarses who can't get power the traditional way....through revs. Wink
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lol u make me laugh... how much power do u have and how much has it cost u lol... and tell me not including the beams engine how much power has a gen 1 3sge or gen 2 ever pushd without being forced inducted... n/a just isnt for the 4 cylinders they dont have the capacity to push big power and im not after claiming ive made an extra 20hp to ym 3sge and its cost me 3000 no offence to people doing up the 3sge but puring extreme amounts of money into the 3sge and gettin sweet fa out of it just isnt my thing

end of whinge Razz

lol and yes i reaslise u were joking with that comment lol well it looks like u were anyway haha

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2005 00:33]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and an lsd would be a must with that kind of power and then a gearbox i would think becomes a problem im not nesacerily trying for fastest fwd ... i know a few in my area that would come very very close to smashing that 12 sec record. nezzas m8s lancer for one , a proton near me with a 4g63 in it pushin out close to 400hp and a 162 celica with a 3sgte pushing out 460hpatw...

my car as it is keeps up and pases most 13 second cars , its the launch that i cant do to secure a good pass... the hiway is what my car is good for or rolling starts.. most people dont being beaten by a old celica with standard wheels and a dint here and there lol
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol - I'm just stirring buddy, I'm not out to offend anybody!

I just dont believe the stereotypical 'turbo is the be-all-and-end-all of performance motoring' train of thought. Figured this was a good place for discussion seeing as people tend to go down both paths with ST162's. Dont get me wrong, I still love the turbo, just that I dont think it's for me. Both have their advantages and disadvantages - each to their own I guess.

I chose to go N/A for economical reasons (im a pov student with no cash) and to do something that not many people have done before. The conversion cost me around $3500 all up. I dont have plans to mod the Gen 3 as I am quite satisfied with the 177HP it provides - its a good balance between power, drivability and reliability. It can keep up with my mate's JDM WRX (just), so I'm happy! Any more power and I'd probably kill myself! Razz I am jealous of the 270nm+ a 3SGTE can put out though! Evil or Very Mad

Let me just clear up the point about my g.box - the diff in the transaxle was DOA and I have the option of picking up an LSD, double synchro g.box for a rediculously low price. Again, its a conversion no-one has attempted in a ST162 AFAIK. I'm not claiming that I killed a gearbox because the engine puts out so much power! My lack of traction is due to dodgy tyres (OEM 7th Gen ones) and stuffed suspension geometry.

Anyone want to swap cars for a day? Rolling Eyes

[/whinge]
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 08:27

n/a just isnt for the 4 cylinders they dont have the capacity to push big power and im not after claiming ive made an extra 20hp to ym 3sge and its cost me 3000 no offence to people doing up the 3sge but puring extreme amounts of money into the 3sge and gettin sweet fa out of it just isnt my thing

I don't entirely disagree with what you're saying, but obscene amounts of horsepower at the front wheels and 300 kilometers to 60 litres of fuel isn't everyone's thing.

I really like what people like jonchai and smashed wombat have done with the NA 3SGE platform.
bonbon
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what kinda of boost are u running brad?
thats pretty fast stuff

with the whole na vs turbo thing, i myself would love to have a NA beast but yeah its just too expensive.

beams are so hard to track down in aus and when u do their sold already =\

3sgtes are also hard but still easier to find, give the same performance and work better with bolt on mods

with the topmount and either a ct26 or ct20b lag is nearly nonexistant

even thou i dont really like hondas and most people without one dont, i do respect their engines, they had lift even before anyone else, a turbo or supercharged setup on an engine with lift would be sweet as, the best of both worlds imo
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hondas are awesome engines i raced a crx with the prelude vtec engine in it.. was only a flyshit slower... had aftermarket ecu and few other things but fuck it went hard... hondas are good engines they attract the ricers lol but they are ahead of there time no way in fuck vvti will have the same effect as vtec
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i do see ur point bucknaked but mine is only a pig on fuel because the ecu is not running closed loop and the a/f is set higher than usual once i get the 02 sensor it should be alot less thirsty but i know everyone likes different things but personaly i love that feeling off going dead even with someone spooling the boost almost instantly and just leaving them behind lol

many valid points will come from mt comment lol Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
post whore!!!!!!!!

lol and the ct26 being a small turbo it spools so easily , when you start to get into the turbos that can take you to 400hp , they dont spool at the drop of a hat , for instance my mates excel doesnt see any boost above one or two until 3800 but wen it gets to 3800 it spools 15psi almost instantly, fuel economy wise then the engine becomes pretty much a n/a. my car doesnt see above 3800 unless im racing someone , well rarely ,
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed wombat : no offence taken smeh everyone has there own thoughts .. i think this topic will become a topic talked about for the next few days Razz
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad, as someone who is barely hanging onto his licence, I see the appeal in being faster than V8s, Skylines and WRXs on the highway, but it's just not for me Smiley =

bonbon, what you want is a Beams engine with the TRD supercharger setup Smiley = Preferably in an IS200 Smiley =

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2005 01:39]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but my license has not got one speeding or hooning fine attached all shit that you would do in any car Razz

and in saying that doing up n/a or turbo you obviously want to go faster Razz therefore the same story goes for you Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2005 01:42]

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My driving history is an embarassing one, and you're right, its about the driver, not the car Smiley = What I'm saying though is that I'm becoming more interested in corners than going fast in a straight line.

I think the Beams is a good amount of power for the Celica's, but I think it lacks the tourque for the IS200 chasis.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyway i just popped ouit and got some new seats stylish Razz

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/Photo-0061.jpg
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very RICE seats Brad, i mean nice Razz you have always wanted a set of FTO seats, do u know if they will bolt straight on?
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Berad - what are those seats out of?

my .02cents Smile As for turbo vs n/a. We both are swapping/upgrading are motors for the same reason, we want to go faster and compete against more modern cars.(also st162's are old as now, so most of are gen1 motors are dead or dying Razz )

I went the turbo route like berad,nezza etc because it is cheaper and easier to extract power from the GTE, compared with a 3sge.
Also i like the spooling sounds a turbo makes Razz , but on the other hand, a vtec honda motor has gotta be the most sweetest sounding car ever!sounds like a bloody aeroplane Very Happy but i wasn't about to chuck a honda motor in my celica.lol

Bonbon - i really respect honda's too. most likely will be my next car! the sound of my cbr250rr with a megacycle muffler at 19,000rpm is soo tits Evil or Very Mad
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there fto seats like karl said... 350 they set me back fuck there comfy ever since i saat in them like 2 years ago i had to have some , they wont bolt in but boondall backyard performance will make them fit we'll fit them saturday hopefully , also with polioshing the turbo , alternaotor and thermostat housing there front and back are about 20mm away from fitting but then they would sit on a killer angle so the back needs to have blocks. but other than that they will fit nice, fuck they look huge in the car but they look real good ,

turbo spool and flutter from the 3sgte with a fmic and 3inch exhaust is very sexual Razz... nezzaa needs the exhaust and fmic and his will be tops mine will flutter loud as fuck at -5psi weird ey lol... ill take an audio clip of it wen i get it back on road, im in the middle of trying to get the engine running on an engine stand lol... dont ask me why something different lol
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Berad,
what was wrong with the standard 162 seats....bar the one i have now (Bride Brix), and a few other Bucket seats from Sparco, the st162 seats were the best......THE best Factory seats!!....

Go NA POWA!!! Razz
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
lol u aint sat in the best til youve sat in these.. they suport u and hug u like seats should lol Razz

the pictures dont do them justice really... there alot wider in real life there gunna take up most of the cabin lol

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2005 22:55]

Pages (63): [ «  <  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 07:08:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014786958694458 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.