Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Brokenone
Newcomer

June 2005
Z20 sunroof Tue, 16 August 2005 01:27 Go to next message
hey guys is there any other cars that come with the same or vary similar sunroof as the 88 z20 soarer.. there are no soarer's here in Canada as we did not get them then the z30 came out.. the one i just imported the sunroof is not working and i need some parts. I am guessing Toyota would not make a different sunroof for every car so figured I would ask.

ps if any of you can get part numbers the dealer said that may be able to get parts.
  Send a private message to this user    
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Z20 sunroof Tue, 16 August 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be honest ive never seen a Z20 soarer with a roof that actually closes after it opens Smile

I can post you part numbers if you like of the replacable parts in the roof.
VeeP
Regular

May 2005
Re: Z20 sunroof Tue, 16 August 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check out a cressida of the same era, i know for sure that some bits are interchangeable
Brokenone
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: Z20 sunroof Tue, 16 August 2005 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will cressida and thought part numbers woudl be grate as well the more info i can get the better thanks guys
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 11:47

To be honest ive never seen a Z20 soarer with a roof that actually closes after it opens Smile

I can post you part numbers if you like of the replacable parts in the roof.

TT_50AR's is the only working one I know of!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The sunroof on my mates GZ20 works perfectly!? Confused WTF are you people doing to them?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEAH IM IN THE SAME BOAT NOW

i played around with the sunroof too much and one of the cables snapped Sad Sad Sad Sad

so yeah 1200det i wouldnt mind the part number for the cables in em if u can help me please

also anyone know if the z10 soarer sunroof cables will fit , i have a whole sunroof froma z10 sitting in my garage in working order lolll

cheers
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why don't you check if they fit?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too lazy lol
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF. Non of your guys soarers sunroofs are working. Mine is lol, but i guess thats what you get with only 50000km.
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think this has anything to do with Kms its more like the total usage and what objects get in between the roof when closing Smile

I could have a soarer with 1 Million Kms and the roof never been open Smile

Big Rob wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 16:43

WTF. Non of your guys soarers sunroofs are working. Mine is lol, but i guess thats what you get with only 50000km.

Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sun roof only adds weight, lowers head room and attracts rust!
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hence why only 1 out of the 3 of mine has a Sunroof Smile They SUCK

Rossco wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 17:43

sun roof only adds weight, lowers head room and attracts rust!

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should have every reason to hate sunroofs, my one on the XX gives me nothing but grief with the way it won't seal properly. On the contrary though, I love the damn thing, driving along with it open.

Oh, and it seals to stop water, it just doesn't sit flush with the roof as it's supposed to.
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sun roof in my old mz20 worked fine and didnt leak, but dropped head hieght by like 2 inches, wasnt worth it
never used it anyway

was very pleased to find a z20 soarer with no runroof

rOss
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah, I don't care about headroom so long as I have enough room to sit comfortably in my normal seating position with a helmet on Razz

Come summer, I plan to be using it a lot.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i love mine tooo. Its also great when driving along a night and during the day to lighten things up a bit. On warm summer nights i bet it will be awsome to have it tooo.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Z20 sunroof Wed, 17 August 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lollll i love my sunroof that why it broke so soon its good when u want to brighten the interior up a bit on a sunny day mine doesnt seal well either as in sit flush with the roof but it doesnt let water into the car either so its all good

if anyone has a spare sunroof cable let me know i will def be interested or anyone here who knows a part number for it willbe great too

cheers
Ray_GZ20
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Z20 sunroof Fri, 19 August 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys just letting ya know me sunroof broke as well they are shit design fixed it myself got new parts from toyota dealer fucking expensive but better to have it working and sealing properly. cables cost me $175 each but i got wicked deal me mate works there retail bout $275each ill look at home and post part no's. ps i bet that everyone's sunroof will fuck up sooner rather than later once again shit design of cables.
Brokenone
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: Z20 sunroof Sat, 20 August 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man that would be grate
Ray_GZ20
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Z20 sunroof Mon, 29 August 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i have taken so long guys got no net at home. Part no's for my 1987 gz20 sunroof cables are:

to-6322324010
to-6322424010

Also just in case ne one needs sideskirt clips part no's

to-9046710066

As i said before though pretty pricey but def worth it they are shitty design but the way i look at it they lasted 17 years so new ones should last 17 more... hopefully. email me if u want pics of my old broken cables to see how they work.
Ray_GZ20
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Z20 sunroof Mon, 29 August 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps cressida and celica and most of the other toyota's same era different cables.
Brokenone
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: Z20 sunroof Sat, 03 September 2005 15:15 Go to previous message
thanks man its appreshed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:- Axles, 24spline, 25-26mm
Next Topic:How to get AE86 Zenki Parkers/headlights look Kouki
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-