Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
trdcmy
Regular

July 2005
corolla dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 22:55 Go to next message
I have dedicated this thread to all rolla owners. I want to hear a shout out from all the rolla owners out there.

I own a AE82 rolla sedan, nothing special but i still love my car, It has a Kenwood head unit, to a Kenwood 1200w amp, Kenwood Typhoon 12 inch sub, and kenwood 5 way 6x9s, the rolla is also fitted with a 3A racing cannon exhaust.

My plans to the rolla:
An engine conversion (still looking for right motor)
Lowered
Mags
Bodykit if i can find one
respray from white to pearl white
custom tan leather interior

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 06:25]

Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE corolla dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE82 (under)powered by a 4AC.

Mods: roof racks

Future plans: change the timing belt and get some new hub caps. Maybe give it a wash, but probably not.

I could post pics but no one would want to see them Very Happy

The redeeming qualities of this vehicle: it is reliable and cheap to run.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: AE corolla dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae92levin. 4age 7 rib tvis.
has 267 degree wade cams, fidanza adj cam gears, super afc.

15inch chrome wheels, king springs, new timing belt.

runs damn well. has power and still get 10km per litre easily. go the 4age!!

its up for sale now btw Sad

details in my signature
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: AE corolla dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae92levin. 4age 7 rib tvis.
has 267 degree wade cams, fidanza adj cam gears, super afc.

15inch chrome wheels, king springs, new timing belt.

runs damn well. has power and still get 10km per litre easily. go the 4age!!

its up for sale now btw Sad

details in my signature
manzy
Regular

September 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a ae82 twin cam 4age red n black bigport

17inch shadow chrome rims..

nothing special but it does the job!

future plans:
lowering very soon
extractors very soon
tints
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: corolla dedicated thread Thu, 18 August 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaaha, so we have changed from an AE corolla thread to a general corolla thread.

In that case, I have another corolla which is better than the AE82 I described above.

Wink

I wonder if any corolla sprinter owners are going to get on this thread Very Happy
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 21:10

I wonder if any corolla sprinter owners are going to get on this thread Very Happy

Laughing i think they value their dignity a bit more than you expect Razz

but yeah, i have an ae82 twin cam seca (4age Very Happy )
just replaced the engine as the old one seized, had the mechanic do it tho, since i am in hsc atm (and im not exactly practiced in this kind of thing Razz )
anyway, it just looks stock, and ive only got a shit camera, so no point in posting pics Razz

recent mods:
new wiper blades
brighter headlight bulbs
Laughing
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota Corolla 4WD Wagon ae95 (4AFE)
Mods: roof racks (was fitted, but taken off to save fuel)

will need a engine mod soon... like 20v Rolling Eyes
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c my signature

future mods, am saving for most of it as i type: in the order that follows
-suspension overhaul, lowered springs, sway bars etc
-16 inch rims
-rebuild the 7afe with a turbo, or 4age conversion, with turbo or perhaps NA build up, i like a good revvy NA motor, still undecided.
-maybe a bodykit, nothing special, just a simple, but sexy looking one, thers a 102 round here that has one, looks tops
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 21:10

Hahaaha, so we have changed from an AE corolla thread to a general corolla thread.

In that case, I have another corolla which is better than the AE82 I described above.

Wink

i have an ae86 Rolling Eyes
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i gots an ae92 wif a 4af, stock as a rock.

i got front kings, waiting for rears then ill stick em on.
as far as sound goes, i got a pioneer HU, schneider front splits, pioneer 6x9's, kenwood 4channel, schneider 2channel, schneider 12".
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno if this is appropriate or not, but its worth a try.

im looking to buy a sx or gti, but i keep being dissappointed by them n sh*t. most have crap bodies, crap paint, or crap interior.
wat am i to expect when i buy an sx or gti and wat should i expect to pay?

i seen a few, tonight i went n looked at one, guy wanted a lil over 4g, it was unregistered, had a respray dun and from wat i could see it had a front end that pushed the bonnet into the plastic thing that sits under the front window, and broken the wiper off. also, had a rip in the drivers seat, and sum dings down the sides, from carparks.
no oil leaks, sump dindnt leak smoke, exhasut didnt blow smoke, the guy said he had the head gasket dun last year but never had receipts or nuffin. car was rust free and the only real problem with the paint was a few tiny cracks and sum parts where the clear coat had come away from the paint. seems as if its starting to peel back.

oh and it also had 198***kms. and no log books.
what would you guys pay for this car? or expect to pay.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about $2000

Confused
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dame! i want one sooo bad...! lol. i geuss ill jus keep looking. or wait till he lowers his price.
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there all,

i best add mine to the fine list of Corolla's, its a Ae82 Sedan

Rego: Darola

Engine: Ae101 map Gze motor + 5speed lsd gearbox

Suspension/Brake's: Monroe gas shock's all round with Super low King springs, Ae82 strut brace, Ae92 front hubs and brake's, Ae82 rear disc setup (converted from Drum)

Steering: Ae101 powersteering setup, Autotecnica Steering wheel.

Interiour/Exteriour: Ae101 GTZ dash, full retrim in black plush fur, standard seats (for now), black plush carpet, custom parcel shelf and front door pods.

on the outside i have removed standard striping, moulded the Ae101 bonnet scoop into my standard bonnet, nice simple wing for the rear

Wheels/Tyres: 14" 4spoke CSA mag's wrapped in 185/60 Falken tyre's

Stereo: Sony deck with 10stacker running to 2 amps, one running 4x 6.5" Pionner TS-D160r speaker's, the other running 2x 12" Sony hexagon subwoofers in custom box, a in dash DVD player and a roof mounted 7" monitor, and a playstation just for some fun

pic doesnt show the wing on the car.
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/1776/darola41td.jpg

website --> http://home.kooee.com.au/darola/

Hope you all like

Eddie
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 21:31

im looking to buy a sx or gti, but i keep being dissappointed by them n sh*t. most have crap bodies, crap paint, or crap interior.

i seen a few, tonight i went n looked at one, guy wanted a lil over 4g, it was unregistered, had a respray dun and from wat i could see it had a front end that pushed the bonnet into the plastic thing that sits under the front window, and broken the wiper off. also, had a rip in the drivers seat, and sum dings down the sides, from carparks.
no oil leaks, sump dindnt leak smoke, exhasut didnt blow smoke, the guy said he had the head gasket dun last year but never had receipts or nuffin. car was rust free and the only real problem with the paint was a few tiny cracks and sum parts where the clear coat had come away from the paint. seems as if its starting to peel back.

i have my car for sale. click link on my signature

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2005 17:26]

Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 03:24

haha, thanks man. i already checked ur ad out. but im looking for a gti or sx atm.
but more to the thread, wat the deal with you rolla. an import obviously, wat engine does it have? wat standard engine jus incase its been under the knife?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i own a 20v shopping trolley Wink

*insert shopping list of modifications here*

http://members.optusnet.com.au/finnfamily/Cars/SASDD11-2.JPG
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hows about you rename your thread to something a bit more descriptive like "all corollas other than KE series" just so people dont get confused..
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 12:09

b1gb3n wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 03:24

haha, thanks man. i already checked ur ad out. but im looking for a gti or sx atm.
but more to the thread, wat the deal with you rolla. an import obviously, wat engine does it have? wat standard engine jus incase its been under the knife?

its the original engine. car came with that
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I miss my Corolla Sad

New Owner Barry has run 15.8 @ 86mph so far (exhaust and filter only) No 20V Gheyness needed Razz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/rollagti/Big13smalltagged.jpg
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: corolla dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well bonjourno all, i'm now part of the rolla scene, hehe

and a good car it seems to be! only problem i had was driving it home it started getting a horrendous misfire under load above 3500rpm, very inconsistent, very odd... very worrying! turned out the plug for the injector on cylinder #3 wasnt actually plugged in, was just sitting there (wtf?)

but all is well now, car is running sweet again.

here's a pic

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/6006/pic3uc.jpg

'tis a 1986 AE82 twincam (86kw 4A-GE bigport) rolla Very Happy

fun........

also, there's a plate under the bonnet that says SR - Super Responsive.

werd. LOL
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE82 twinky seca
Nothing special done to it apart from K & N panel filter and 2" exhaust, tinted windows, power windows, central locking, 15" mags, pair of hella rally 4000's and a lot of dirt.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 23:39

well bonjourno all, i'm now part of the rolla scene, hehe

and a good car it seems to be! only problem i had was driving it home it started getting a horrendous misfire under load above 3500rpm, very inconsistent, very odd... very worrying! turned out the plug for the injector on cylinder #3 wasnt actually plugged in, was just sitting there (wtf?)

but all is well now, car is running sweet again.

here's a pic

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/6006/pic3uc.jpg

'tis a 1986 AE82 twincam (86kw 4A-GE bigport) rolla Very Happy

fun........

werd. LOL

u gave up ur soarer for that??
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: corolla dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had to Sad

but the rolla is fun, its easing the pain
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corolla dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 28 September 2005 23:39

werd. LOL

Thats a generic toyota sticker from the 80's, my sister's old ke70 even had it bwahahahaha, the corona has one and a few other old toyota's i have seen have had them.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Wed, 28 September 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just got mine back last night. (ae82 1986)
dropped a silver 20v into it. man it goes hard(for a 1.6ltr). it complements the car nicely, its a little resposnive beast...

next on the books: change all the bushes and do the shocks and springs and a rear sway bar(mayb a rear strut too).
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread will never be as good as the KE COROLLA THREAD.

KE corollas are the only real corollas.
stoopid front wheel drive corollas made of plastic. Evil or Very Mad

hahah

cheers scott
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: corolla dedicated thread Fri, 30 September 2005 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1982 CS Ke70.
Mods: weight reduction........ No engine/gearbox.
Pioneer mp3 deck (being replaced with Schneider deck this weekend), unknown front and rear speakers, Alpine v12 2xchanel amp, MTX 12" sub. Just killing rust and doin a few things here and there at the moment. Waiting on money for new engine and gearbox. Most likely ending up with a 4agze or a ca18det. Details are on RollaClub.
laaag
Regular

June 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to see some ae82 seca's

car; 1986 ae82 corolla seca

colour; white

kms; 226 000

mods; 2' cat back exhaust +canon, blue headlights, 2x sony 10' subs, 6x9's, 4' mids up front, kenwood deck, monza gearnob, 16' concept5 rims, rolled guards, painted mirrors and door handles

future mods; stiffer springs, flared guards (still scrub), new spark plugs
and oil filter (sitting in my room) fix power steering hose, get boss kit
for momo steering wheel.

p.s if anyone has a boss kit please pm me
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys i need to know how much a 1988 Ae82 usually goes for?
i'm looking at buying one. its in perfect condition, and i can tell its been well looked afer because i drove it.
185,000kms on the clock, no rust that i could see. RWC 10 months rego. etc its $3000
i'm thinking about buying it as a daily driver
its the 1.6l carby engine .
thanks.

[Updated on: Sat, 01 October 2005 12:59]

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of econmy does the 4age get? im thinking of buying a corolla as well for a run around.
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey clown dat chik in ur avatar loox so much like my ex its scary.

damn i miss them tittys.

hahah i sure hope it aint her as she in adelaide not ballarat.

cheers scott
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PMP020 wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 23:07

damn i miss them tittys.

cheers scott

Laughing
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sat, 01 October 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a ae93 shopping cart rolla!its dropped a couple of hundred kilo's and has a standard 4a 16v with pod filter.lmao
go shopping carts!with 17's i can just fit my flat hand under the sills!
mick

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4329/4a32af.th.jpg http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3843/4a23rd.th.jpg http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1084/ae930xf.th.jpg
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: corolla dedicated thread Sun, 02 October 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oddly enough i got the pics of some site and i haven't found anyone who knows who she is. Laughing Laughing

PMP020 wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 23:07

damn i miss them tittys.

cheers scott

Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sun, 02 October 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i gots an ae92 wif a 4af, stock as a rock.

i got front kings, waiting for rears then ill stick em on.
as far as sound goes, i got a pioneer HU, schneider front splits, pioneer 6x9's, kenwood 4channel, schneider 2channel, schneider 12".

i thought i mght jus update this. its now got the kings over munroe gases on the front and lovells over munroe gas on the bak.
and its recently jus killed sumfin to do wif the cooling. overheated in a big way.
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Wed, 05 October 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want one.....
http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/2365/

corolla with AWD, i will continue to dream
kiril
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i am new here i just bought my self a corolla seca ae82 model for $2000 manual white in colour its got a blue top on it just wounderin how many kw a blue top is i had a corolla before this one it was a 1994 corolla conquest 1.8lt but rid that one off went thru a give way sign and t-boned a magna and flipped it but i like the ae82 betta they got more power
Smile
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiril wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 17:49

hey guys i am new here i just bought my self a corolla seca ae82 model for $2000 manual white in colour its got a blue top on it just wounderin how many kw a blue top is i had a corolla before this one it was a 1994 corolla conquest 1.8lt but rid that one off went thru a give way sign and t-boned a magna and flipped it but i like the ae82 betta they got more power
Smile

hey kiril when you fitting the new steel bull bar? Laughing
mick
kiril
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wont be have already learnt my lesson to look both ways twice when goin thru a give way sign hahaha so do u know wat kw the blue top is
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigport is 86kw.
mick
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: corolla dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 x ae92 sedan