Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Water Injection - COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING. Locked, editted.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Burningboy
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Water Injection - COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING. Locked, editted. Thu, 18 August 2005 07:49 Go to next message
This stuff is excellent! Does anyone else use it? I bought a kit from ******
I installed it last night and played around with it today. It has made a real difference.
Also does anyone know where i can get methanol?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2005 00:14] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user  
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just about any shell servo.. u buy it in 20 litre drums used to be about 48 dollars for 20 litres wen i would buy it
Burningboy
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really. Easier than I thought. Is it from the bowser or instore?
Thanks.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
instore lol...
TurboKing
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Water Injection is the tits! I am going ot buy a kit next week when my tax comes back.
I had one of those kits on my old MR2 and it made a huge dirrerence. Felt like winter all year round. I had an uprated intercooler too and that did jack all compared to the WI.
You can get methanol from ************ as well.

MOD EDIT: These claims are both farsical and highly dubious in nature. Readers beware!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 23:55] by Moderator

terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just buy an injector and maybe the solenoid, everything else you can get away with from an aquarium shop Razz

heck.. you can even use a cold start injector, fuel pump and just use water from teh washer tank.
TurboKing
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 19:13

just buy an injector and maybe the solenoid, everything else you can get away with from an aquarium shop Razz

heck.. you can even use a cold start injector, fuel pump and just use water from teh washer tank.

No offense, a good suggestion but wont work. Water Injection works very well if set up properly. Doesnt work at all if set up in incorrectly. You can run the risk of damaging your motor if you dont do it right.

MOD EDIT: further information removed, it was direct advertising.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2005 00:01] by Moderator

terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cold start atomises VERY well, the person using a coldstart uses his stock fuel pump (he has a turbo 3vz-fe auto es300) and works out fine for him (also has an additional fuel injector in the intake pipe)
TurboKing
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 19:46

cold start atomises VERY well, the person using a coldstart uses his stock fuel pump (he has a turbo 3vz-fe auto es300) and works out fine for him (also has an additional fuel injector in the intake pipe)

I beleive you however I am very surprised the fuel pump still works. 90% will seize running water(no lube.) How does he control when to have the system turn on and off and what water pressure does the water line acheive?
Seems like alot of hassle though. When you can buy a complete kit for 400 odd bux that is designed for the purpose and is prooven to work. Comes with warranty, insturctions, support etc.

But I guess some people like those challanges of trying this and that on their car. high risk factor IMO

Thannks Terra
Cheers.

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 17:51

just about any shell servo.. u buy it in 20 litre drums used to be about 48 dollars for 20 litres wen i would buy it

huh?

methanol from you local servo? u sure?

i ended up going to a bulk distributor (pacific petroleum) out towards murrarie (brisbane) cause no servo in the western suburbs wanted to buy in a drum for me.
Burningboy
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MOD EDIT: blatant commercial advertising Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 19 August 2005 00:03] by Moderator

esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So do these kits go straight into the air intake? If so are they mounted before the filter or after?
How hard are they to install?
Does it spray water constanly, or only in squirts?
What do you use as a reserve for the water?
I'm guessing that you have to keep the water toped up?
Do you actully get a performance gain from this kit?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am quite interested in this.
Thanks.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Water Injection Thu, 18 August 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esk34 wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 00:23

So do these kits go straight into the air intake? If so are they mounted before the filter or after?
How hard are they to install?
Does it spray water constanly, or only in squirts?
What do you use as a reserve for the water?
I'm guessing that you have to keep the water toped up?
Do you actully get a performance gain from this kit?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am quite interested in this.
Thanks.

after filter, b4 tb
not too hard, wiring may be a bit tricky for the electronically noob
tehres a switch and solenoid -- you should probably set it on something like tps so it only runs at wot
use a tank or bottle -- winshield washer water bottle is good Razz
you A LOT of gain, its like a nitrous shot.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Water Injection Fri, 19 August 2005 00:12 Go to previous message
This thread has been editted and locked as an example of the kind of behaviour and activity we DO NOT permit on these forums.

The two users "Burningboy" and "TurboKing" have posted in this thread from the SAME IP address, both making wild and farsical claims about the "undeniable performance of water injection".... at the same time constantly referring to a particular website/brand which is obviously something they seek to benefit from commercially.

These two users are to be banned, for a couple of reasons.

1. Commercial sales are NOT PERMITTED on these forums, except by paying forum sponsors.
  2. Having more than one user account is a ban-able offense
  3. Attempting to misinform and mislead the toymods forum community by falsley representing one's self is simply abhorrent behaviour. I find it highly disrespectful and I will not allow it in ANY way.

This thread is now locked.

To the person who created this thread - DONT COME BACK. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:3tgte bottom and 2tgeu head
Next Topic:How do you replace a welsh plug?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:13:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013704061508179 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.